Casual & Co TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got the previous two pack of plain cheesecloth dresses -item #136919 and they have been a Godsend on the days when temps have been in the high thirties. Not the most fashion forward items but they are light and floaty and comfortable to wear when humidity reduces you to a limp rag. These dresses, while thin, are well made and still as good as new for their third summer season. I've ordered the red and navy in the same XL which is body skimming on my size 20 frame. Bit of give in the crinkle material but not a good look when it is too close to the bumps.

I have ordered the coral & black, as they look ideal to put on in the evening after a shower, rather than a nightie or pj's. Then I won't have to get changed to walk the dog before bed!

Julia has just said she is wearing the medium!!!!! I like these dresses but would not have a clue which size to order.

I just do not like tiered skirts or dresses, think they make generous hips look too big, I have had a few Casual and Co bits, have a nice white voile shirt that is very ffresh, and a skirt that is very pretty. At least they use cotton in the range which makes a nice change from the static fest of Kim's stuff.

Well I decided to give it a go - the black looks pretty on Julia and since Akimbo has given good advice I've followed covertly on may occassions I went for medium!

Mine came yesterday. I will be keeping them because they suit the need I bought them for - comfortable, light, summer dresses for hot days. I bought two sets and in each the patterned ones are definitely the best. The plain dresses are very see-through but I am alright with that because I always wear a slip. The plain coral one is better than the plain lilac dress. They do have a horrible smell and I will give them a wash first with lots of nice smelling conditioner. That way I will also check if they shrink! I am a good size 14 and the medium ( prior to washing ) is a really good fit. They look equally nice with/without the belt and at 5'4" I really like the length.

Mia I was just about to post but you took the words right outta my mouth! Just to confirm everything Mia's just posted. The Medium fit me as a 14-16 at just 5' tall.

I didn't expect them to be suitable for "Sunday Best" but they're fine as everyday summer dresses, and for the price, better than I expected.

Oh dear that sounds like damning with faint praise but I'm happy :happy:

Jude xx

Just a quick update. These have now been washed (30 degree hand wash ), conditioned and are drying out in the sunshine. They have washed beautifully. I just had to give them a gentle stretch near the tiers, flattened out the belts and they will not even need ironing. Looking out at the washing line it is beginning to feel like holiday time!

Mine came on Saturday as well!! Definitely the patterned ones are better than the plain, I ordered the black and coral. The coral is quite see through, but I'm going to wear it over my tankini when we go on holiday. DD came last night and has asked to "borrow" (meaning I'll never see it again:grin:) the black one for her cruise at the end of May.

Ann

Latest posts

Back