First Impressions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
So what do people think about this new channel? Will you be buying something from them?

For me I would have like to have seen a bit of a set change when they are using rocks.tv set, and the graphics look a bit bland BUT I am nit picking this is a new channel and I am sure these observations will be altered in time.

I wish Steve et all, the best in this venture and I hope it is good for customers and staff alike.

PJ

Whilst I wish the Bennett’s all the best in their latest venture I shall not be buying for two reasons.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
1. I have learned from past experience that I would buy the kits, the additional suggested beads along with all things necessary to make the jewellery, would make one or two items that I was not entirely satisfied with but had turned out to be costly as I would then be left with unused items and jewellery I would not wear gathering dust.<o:p></o:p>
2. I buy from our very own Beads by Belles who, in my opinion, provide a first class service and extremely well made items at wonderful prices. <o:p></o:p>

I notice that they keep advertising the website, telling you to buy off their etc when the website isn't even up and running yet! surely they should stop advertising something not available!

Whilst I wish the Bennett’s all the best in their latest venture I shall not be buying for two reasons.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
1. I have learned from past experience that I would buy the kits, the additional suggested beads along with all things necessary to make the jewellery, would make one or two items that I was not entirely satisfied with but had turned out to be costly as I would then be left with unused items and jewellery I would not wear gathering dust.<o:p></o:p>
2. I buy from our very own Beads by Belles who, in my opinion, provide a first class service and extremely well made items at wonderful prices. <o:p></o:p>

Excellent post spindrift, mirroring my feelings exactly. Best to leave it to the experts I think. (They know who they are :wink:)

I muddle along making jewellery for myself and friends but I won't be buying from this new channel as I find it very expensive. I can buy the contents of the kits for a fraction of the price and if I wanted to pay their prices I would buy ready made pieces. Just wish I was as good and clever as the lovely Beads by Belles ladies though!

Hi all

I was wondering about the market research that Rocks tv have undertaken before going into this venture.
I have been watching since the launch and I am a bit puzzled by the type of gemstones on offer and price (expensive) There is competition on the web and on this forum. I am sure that I have bought kits in the past for my niece in Bluewater for a few pounds.

I am not sure that I would want to start making jewellery when other jewellery channels offer a variety of beaded necklaces (3,5 and 7 strands) for as little as £14.99 for the entire set. From reading this posts, other forum members offering jewellery making kits.

I wish Rocks tv the best of luck and success with this venture but I don't think that I will be buying. I will check out our own Beads by Belles!

Sapphireblue

Hi everyone

my dad taught me that customer perceptiopn is always right. Therefore I hear your comments about the prices. One of the reasons they may feel a little more expensive than others is that we use solid 925 Sterling Silver and very high grade genuine gemstones.

However, listening to these comments, I will have the team put together some lower priced kits next week, using slightly lower grade gemstones. One thing we won't do though is to change our stance on only offering genuine Sterling silver (as a Guardian of the Birmingham Assay Office, I am passionate about only providing genuine metals in jewellery).

Once the trial period finishes, everyday we will be producing new kits and when we move into our new studio, will be producing programs 7 days a week.

Many thanks for the feedback

regards
steve

Well I have jumped in at the deep end and I have ordered, I am now waiting for four kits and extras. I wish Steve and his family lots of luck with this venture, and I am looking forward to being a regular customer :happy: :happy::happy::happy:

I have been watching these recordings with interest and trying to decide which kit to go for. Finally, I resisted ( and bought myself some necklaces from QVC instead ) because I really do think that they are overpriced ( a little research on the internet highlights this ) - the prices seem to go against the spirit of a kit concept. I would also welcome a starters kit which has a good selection of jewellery findings, wires , elastics, beading tray, tools etc. That way we could look beyond the limitations of what comes within the individual kits. Oh, one more thing - there are too many gem chips in these kits, they are not to everyone's taste.

Thanks to Steve for listening to viewers comments and seeking to respond to them.

I ordered a set before reading these comments and yes they are expensive - I should have researched before buying. What really annoyed me was the fact that I could make at least 2 necklaces but they included ONE ring bolt fastener in the kit. How mean is that!

Hi Innish,

We're sorry that your first purchase with us has not matched your expectations. Please do use the '30 day money back guarantee' and you'll receive a full refund.

Kind Regards

Paula Bennett

My first order arrived a few days ago, beautiful, I've already made several items, and am very happy, the one problem that I did have with one kit ( I bought 4 kits plus extras ) was sorted very quickly. I know that you can buy cheaper but I like the quality, and I trust the Bennets, I have been buying from them since the early Gems days, and all the way through the start of Rocks, I really do wish them well with the future of jewellery maker :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back