Technique Silicone Bakeware TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just got mine too and washed them... just two words......

FLUFF MAGNETS! :eek:

They are now back in their box, a little hairier than before they came out. :rolleyes: Can't be doing with anything that attracts hairs, I'd be forever washing them/removing hairs before putting food on them. Anyone with furries in the house, you've been warned! :p

How weird mine are a different make but silicone,i dry them by draining or a cotton tea towel and never had a problem.They don't seem to attract Snoop hairs either.

Don't understand the attracting hair problem, I have long hair and have 2 cats and have no problem with the bakeware.

Been using these for a few weeks now and found the sheet fantastic for baking gingerbread men and cookies. The roasting tin has worked extremely well once I got used to the 'wobble'. Alas, for cake baking I have found them to be no better than a normal cake tin. The cakes don't easily peel away as they said in fact I found I ususally left half a cake behind - back to liners for my cakes then.

The wobble is very disconcerting. :rolleyes: I planned on chucking out my old metal tins but have had to keep them to rest my wobbly ones in or the food would be all over the floor. :rolleyes: :pPC:

I have been using silicon for a while and think its great,i got the tsv in red and used the cake moulds to bake a victoria sponge,omg they didnt come out like silicon normally does it left half the cake behind,not sure if to contact qvc regading this as they would just say send the lot back,they seem to say this all the time now.

I looked at the ones in Lakeland recently and noticed they were also covered in fluff! :eek: Really small hairs. Glad to hear yours are fluff free!

(PS was in lakeland to get a Remoska, which is great!:D)

My 11yo son used the cake "tins" this week and they came out in ione piece no problem - in fact I was very impressed as no greasing or lining needed.
We did leave them in the tins to cool for about a minute before removing so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I have to say that l bought these too and my cake tins left half my cake behind too. I not impressed at all. :( I might send mine back.

The silicone... the wobble... yuuuuuuuk - can't get my head round this substance as an option anywhere in my life...

Hmm still haven't received this. Just went to check on my account 'awaiting stock'. I've filled in their web form to cancel as it appears to have dire reviews. Think I'll stick to the Jamie Oliver stuff.

Latest posts

Back