Technique Silicone Bakeware TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I cook clean and wash up Sue just keep me happy and i purr like a witta pusscat :snog:

Thanks Andie. I actually went onto Ebay (which is what I usually do anyway :rolleyes:) and found a seller who flogs Wellbake and ordered a couple of roasting type dishes there. I hope these things non stick and wash as easily as they say 'cos I'm a bugga for leaving stuff too long in the oven. I usually end up buying and then throwing cheap metal dishes away 'cos I can't get all the burnt bits off. :eek: :pPC:

P.S. I tell you what I have ordered from Lakeland whilst looking for silicone cookware, some of these Poach Pods, what a brilliant idea. :D

Ooh I like those pods! Thanks, I must get some. I've been meaning to update you the DS cooking guide is very easy to follow, you might like it. :)

Last edited:
Ooh I like those pods! Thanks, I must get some. I've been meaning to update you the DS cooking guide is very easy to follow, you might it. :)
OOh Andie you'll turn me into a master chefette yet hon. :D :pPC:

I've gone for the tangerine version. I've had a silicone baking tray for years and it is well past it's best but fantastic for roasting parsnips. I'll probably use all the pieces as I bake alot and agree it's a fabulous deal.

I have watched the replay and I notice that they do not seem to handle the larger baking trays very much. I am rather worried about the stabilityof these "roasters" if they have hot fat or liquid in them or they are a bit weighty.

What is your experience with these?

Does anyone know if these (or any silicon pans) can be used under a grill?

I tend to use the grill more than the oven as it is quicker and I don't have to wait for the oven to warm up.

I have watched the replay and I notice that they do not seem to handle the larger baking trays very much. I am rather worried about the stabilityof these "roasters" if they have hot fat or liquid in them or they are a bit weighty.

I've no experience at all with silicone baking trays, but maybe, if you put your silicone roaster over a traditional baking tray, you should be ok...

Sue you know my hatred of anything culinary......when forced to cook I just bung stuff in the oven and then wander off bored and probably come on here but then I forget all about the food until the smoke detector goes off. :eek: By that time the ****** pans are beyond redemption and I'm not gonna spend hours scrubbing and scraping the fookin things. :RUNAWAY: :pPC:

.....which is why I don't do any of the cooking in my house. OH does it all, and when he's away I have cereal for dinner. But don't be fooled..... this may sound wonderful but I get to clean up after him. And he cooks like a slut.

as sillysausage says, put the silicone bakeware on a traditional oven tray and you will have no problems, that is what I do.

Well you're obviously not such a sillysausage after all sillysausage. :WACKO: :D :pPC:

Im dithering over this set, ive got tefal silicone and that goes under my grill okay. It has a wire rim covered in silicone.

Sorry not been online.

Hi Flo or anyone. :D This tsv isn't of interest to me but the concept of silicone is for its non stick/stain properties. I just need a couple of normal size roasting dishes so can you tell me where you bought your items from please?? Oh and are they as good as QVC make out?? MTIA. :) :pPC:

I bought my single items from Lakeland, I think they look a lot sturdier than these but a hell of a lot more expensive.

Hi Flo I have got a few pieces of this range from qvc but does yours cook/bake ok my stuff I put in them seems to take ages to colour and cook any suggestions to what I might be doing Flo. I do like the idea of this set as it just about covers everything you need I might just throw caution to the wind and order it.

I've not had a problem with baking with them but I suppose it might depend what you are making. Use the 30MBG if you're not happy.

Well done a mother who taught her boy to make bread that's brilliant,the lasagne dish is good for Yorkshire puds to,i also put mine in the washing machine when i do a hot wash they come up a treat :)

I must own up to the fact I didn't teach him anything Snoopy! He is completely self-taught and he started cooking for himself at 13 or 14 - (under my supervision of course!) He left home at 18 so had to do it or starve. He is an untidy so and so in his flat though, but he does have his music system, projector, electric guitars, amps etc. really neat and tidy - none of the wiring is on show so no trailing cables to be seen! When he cooks, the kitchen looks as if a bomb's hit it - not a suface to be seen for stuff everywhere and his sink is nearly always piled high with dishes!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back