Technique Silicone Bakeware TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry not been online

I've not had a problem with baking with them but I suppose it might depend what you are making. Use the 30MBG if you're not happy.

Thanks flo have ordered them maybe its my stupid oven I think its on the way out thanks for your reply

Hi Flo or anyone. :D This tsv isn't of interest to me but the concept of silicone is for its non stick/stain properties. I just need a couple of normal size roasting dishes so can you tell me where you bought your items from please?? Oh and are they as good as QVC make out?? MTIA. :) :pPC:

Thanks flo have ordered them maybe its my stupid oven I think its on the way out thanks for your reply

Hope you find them as good as I do.

I have ordered these on cheque hold as I was a bit concerned when Malcolm was discussing the oven temperatures that they would withstand. He said that the normal silicon items on the market will withstand up to 240 degrees whereas these are less - about 220-230 degrees which he said was equivalent to gas mark 6. (But I always thought 6 was 200 degrees)

But if they only withstand a maximum of gm 6 then how would you do yorkie puds or roast pots as these need gas mark 8.

I'm worried now that they may melt of buckle.

I have ordered these on cheque hold as I was a bit concerned when Malcolm was discussing the oven temperatures that they would withstand. He said that the normal silicon items on the market will withstand up to 240 degrees whereas these are less - about 220-230 degrees which he said was equivalent to gas mark 6. (But I always thought 6 was 200 degrees)

But if they only withstand a maximum of gm 6 then how would you do yorkie puds or roast pots as these need gas mark 8.

according to this link, gas mark 8 is 230 degrees, so you were correct in your thought :D:

http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/kitchen/oventemp.htm

:)

hi all, in case it helps -
i bought some of the qvc silicone and found that it was ok, but not brill - anyone who has bought, you've got a good deal, but you cannot use it at the top of the oven on a high setting - they do not melt, but they do discolour. i have since gone for wellbake which i love - they are much better to wash and last better. if you are using it for deserts and cold things for moulds etc, they are fine and you will use them all the time, but wellbake are a better option in my opinion.

I've got quite a few cheaper versions and they have discolored especially the grey ones but they still work fine.

I've got quite a few cheaper versions and they have discolored especially the grey ones but they still work fine.

Well seeing as you put them in your washing machine :eek: what do you expect???
I take it you used "colour care" wash and not "biological" wash?! :p

The latter is known to fade colours.... :rolleyes:

Very good Red thing :D the ones that have been in the washer are the red ones same as you have the grey ones are years old and have been used quite a bit,it's Yorkshire puds that seem to affect them :cool:

Ewwwwwww, I hope you don't wash your cookware in the same wash as yer yuffers???? :eek:
Is that how you get such a good crust on your Yorkshire puds?!
What?! :D

Spooky, I have just received mine and the care guide enclosed says that they are safe from -40oC to 230oC.

They are suitable for - freezer / oven / microwave / dishwasher.

Hope this helps you :daisy:

I know this is a stupid question but as I only caught 5 mins of 1 presentation of these , can anyone tell me if you still have to grease them before adding your mixture? I received them today , but the instructions don't mention anything. Thanks in advance ( and permission to laugh at my stupidity)

Latest posts

Back