Julia at it again...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blimey, I didn't see this but it sounds a bit fierce. I've not really had any problem with JR as a presenter in most of the seven or so years I've been watching QVC but she has become observably and unmistakably less pleasant in recent months. I too cringe when she asks for 'Christan' names, and the comment about the Irish, if I've understood it correctly, is wholly unacceptable. She needs to understand that what they say about Corrie also holds true for QVC - nobody's bigger than The Street.

She's from West Bridgford in Nottingham over the other side of the river Trent from the city centre. It is percieved as being a bit "posher" than many other bits of Nottm. East Midlands then me duck, as Julia would not say.

West Bridgford used to be known as "bread & lard island" (it may be still for all I know!) as it so expensive to live there it was said that bread and lard was all they could afford to eat! Ayup me duck to all Nottingham-ites past & present who may be reading!

She's just announced that she is doing all 3 launches for next weekend's "Get Gorgeous" event. AND that her mum and daughter are joining her for the Butler & Wilson show on Sunday.

She seems to get the best "gigs", suppose it's because she's the queen bee but I wonder how the other presenters take it ?

She really is the "Queen Bee" there isn`t she?

London accents are posh???? Now there's a laugh!!

I'd rather have a Nottingham accent any day.

Maybe we should keep a diary of her hormonal outbursts - I'm sure the last one was getting on for a month ago, but having said that, she should be past all that hormonal stuff at her age shouldn't she? :grin:

London accents are posh???? Now there's a laugh!!

I'd rather have a Nottingham accent any day.

Maybe we should keep a diary of her hormonal outbursts - I'm sure the last one was getting on for a month ago, but having said that, she should be past all that hormonal stuff at her age shouldn't she? :grin:

oh Lottie if only - I'm 62 and still having hot flushes!

:yawn::yawn:QVC is seriously becoming the "JULIA ROBERTS SHOW". Is everyone at QVC Towers too terrified to tell her that she isn't the be all and end all of damn shopping telly land? OMG it is about time someone stood up to her, but they are all like frightened rabbits caught in the headlights.......... I for one DO NOT WANT TO SEE PRECIOUS SOPHIE AND DANIEL appearing on QVC...........:puke::puke:

I was born in Cornwall but have lived just over the border in Devon all my life so I roll all my "R's" that's probably why she irritates me with her "numbah" "partnah" "colah" (colour) "shouldah" etc, etc:grin:

I thought the way shes just "apologised" was really nasty.

It was nasty , but hurrah for whoever made her apologise, it did show her for the ungracious person she has become, and why would we want or need a JR family show on QVC, it really is time Julia was reminded that she is nothing special, just a well paid sales lady .

It seems to me she has become increasingly arrogant, to the point where she now lacks adequate discernment about what would be regarded as appropriate responses from a TV salesperson. Her response to the complaint reflects very poor judgement in my opinion.

:devil:

She just gets worse :wink: .

Just now on the Nina Leonard outlet hour, she's just said the model Sally looks 'horrible' in an outfit. She was introducing a top that Sally was wearing, which she had on with some patterned trousers...she just took one look and said

'....and here you can see Sally wearing this top, and it looks...horrible...'

And then qualified it by saying 'she was only being honest and would rather tell you the truth, we might not agree with it but at least she was being 'honest'. She just gets ruder and ruder...:cheeky::yawn::wonder:

I just caught that moment and I was horrified. I felt so sorry for the poor model who had to show off the outfit which she had just pronounced 'horrible'. Totally mortifying for the poor girl but I thought she was very professional and just carried on. JR would have been the first to complain if someone had done that to her. The funny thing is JR has minimal dress sense herself so I don't take any notice of what she advises anyway. Thoroughly unpleasant woman, who should learn to hide her jealousy of the younger and prettier models.

I have heard jilly apologise in the past - something about a comment made about walking boots.I felt the apology was really sincere,and she came across quite mortified that she had upset someone.If only JR had demonstrated the same.

Shame. Just checked all the remaining sizes and all the size small have gone. I would have bought Julia one of each!

(mum writes)

What it needs is for a model with no fear of her job to snap back with "At least I'm not old and fat" or something similar. Who remembers the blonde model Jo? She commented once to JR during a beauty show that "you're not bad for an old bird". JR fixed her with a steely glare - if looks could kill! I remember saying that Jo was destined for the dole queue after that, and, sure enough, not too long after she was gone. Jo did keep trying to tell JR that it was a joke, but she just ignored it.

I know it's sad, but as I can't get out too much, I record a lot of shows to watch when I'm in bed in the evenings. I'm now looking forward to watching that one and having a good laugh. It'll go well with a bottle of gin and a cigar ;) (I'm teetotal really)

(Moth writes - I let mum use the PC if she's been good!)
I have a lovely aunty who has born in Derbyshire but has lived in Nottingham all her life and she has a lovely accent. She is also very refined :)

(mum writes)

What it needs is for a model with no fear of her job to snap back with "At least I'm not old and fat" or something similar. Who remembers the blonde model Jo? She commented once to JR during a beauty show that "you're not bad for an old bird". JR fixed her with a steely glare - if looks could kill! I remember saying that Jo was destined for the dole queue after that, and, sure enough, not too long after she was gone. Jo did keep trying to tell JR that it was a joke, but she just ignored it.

I know it's sad, but as I can't get out too much, I record a lot of shows to watch when I'm in bed in the evenings. I'm now looking forward to watching that one and having a good laugh. It'll go well with a bottle of gin and a cigar ;) (I'm teetotal really)

(Moth writes - I let mum use the PC if she's been good!)
I have a lovely aunty who has born in Derbyshire but has lived in Nottingham all her life and she has a lovely accent. She is also very refined :)

I remember that model - Jo Skinner - I also remember a Karin Hertzog hour, years back, when Jo was the model and JR the presenter and JR said that Jo was her "bestest friend in all the world". The Hertzog guest presenter (who I'm sure is the same girl did Pupa and now does Gale Hayman - anyone know?) was testing Jo with some machine and asked how many ciggies she'd smoked that day. Jo looked mortified and said she didn't smoke now....JR was horrified and said oh Jo you promised me you'd stopped..! Had to laugh, thought probably Jo was puffing away like mad except when she was with JR!

Didn't actually hear this recent comment from JR but have heard her being extremely rude in the past. Wouldn't it be good if everyone that came through to the studio to speak to the presenter told JR how horrible she looked in the outfit she was modelling?

Latest posts

Back