Julia at it again...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's just announced that she is doing all 3 launches for next weekend's "Get Gorgeous" event. AND that her mum and daughter are joining her for the Butler & Wilson show on Sunday.

She seems to get the best "gigs", suppose it's because she's the queen bee but I wonder how the other presenters take it ?

Linda

What the hell have her Mum and daughter got to do with anything??? Won't be watching any of it if that's the case. Nothing against B&W but it smacks of keeping it in the family - AGAIN!!!!

P

I suppose the gushing T callers don't inject any reality into presenter world, the whole fawning environment must be quite surreal.

She's just announced that she is doing all 3 launches for next weekend's "Get Gorgeous" event. AND that her mum and daughter are joining her for the Butler & Wilson show on Sunday.

She seems to get the best "gigs", suppose it's because she's the queen bee but I wonder how the other presenters take it ?

She really is the "Queen Bee" there isn`t she?

Maybe it's about time she was swatted then :giggle:

Pauline x

Update: Have followed advice of somebody else (sorry can't remember your name) and complained to QVC in strong terms. It's about time this shop assistant was reminded of her non status.

P xx

She will get her come uppance - preferable when she is displaying all her wares on the Pilates machine - perish the thought that the cords might break and she is last seen flying off in the direction of the Thames................................:giggle:

Update: Have followed advice of somebody else (sorry can't remember your name) and complained to QVC in strong terms. It's about time this shop assistant was reminded of her non status.

P xx

thank you aranlady that was me, lets hope enough of us do it and more importantly qvc give us the courtesy of a response, Looby

Does anyone else remember the T caller a while back who rang in during a "fashion" hour which wasn't presented by JR? She said that she didn't like garments that were too tight and said one of the QVC presenters, Julia, always wore clothes that were too tight. What a shame it wasn't JR herself presenting that day! I don't think the caller was being deliberately nasty though, I think she was "a woman of an age" who was just a bit tactless.

Ok, I'm coming out with it. I like Julia and I think she is good at her job.
She may have said something that wasn't quite pc or to everyones taste but has she murdered someone or kicked a dog or small child? No, she hasn't.
Before I get told to start another Julia appreciation thread, I'm off.

Ok, I'm coming out with it. I like Julia and I think she is good at her job.
She may have said something that wasn't quite pc or to everyones taste but has she murdered someone or kicked a dog or small child? No, she hasn't.
Before I get told to start another Julia appreciation thread, I'm off.

I think the point is that this was not a one off occurrence. To many people she is simply becoming just too tiresome. Some may say that if we don't like a presenter we can always switch off but we are not following a celebrity, the point in viewing is to shop. It is the presenter's responsibility to engage the viewer and not to put them off to the point that they switch off. I am sure that QVC certainly does not want this to happen.

Whilst a lot of people on the forum may not like her there must be many others who watch QVC that do not agree with the Julia bashers. I would rather look on the internet or watch with the sound down if there was a presenter on who got on my pips.

I think Julia is quite a good presenter,but her consistent desire to raise her own profile and massage her ego is arrogant to say the least.
I do however think in terms of presenting skills she is good at what she does until she is on with Simon Wilson!
It really annoys me though that it would seem her whole family are now on the payroll,and that is not right.
I think she has been allowed to become a VIP (very important presenter)at QVC and it's gone to her head.
I have to say however when you look comparatively at the others like the dreadfully silly Claire,Claudia,Ann Jill etc I can understand why those at QVC value her.

Definately not interested in watching the JR and family show. I just hope it doesn't become a regular thing. Or maybe if it does I won't watch or spend which is probably to my benefit.

It's good to see the Irish standing up for themselves. Can you imagine if she made a comment along the lines of "You'll have to forgive him, he's a [insert religion here]...." or some other group along those lines? She'd have a fatwah out on her or there would be an effigy burning in Trafalgar Square! She might be one of the better presenters on QVC but she needs to keep her opinion, comment and family to herself.

She really does seem to think she's something special, but I agree with a previous post - all the gushing T callers must really inflate her ego and I'm sure the fact that she is the only original presenter inflates it even more. I find it quite amusing that her mum and daughter are coming onto a B & W show - surely this has only come about due to feedback from her adoring public? I for one will NOT be watching this huge ego trip.
I do think that sometimes Julia can be a very good presenter. She was a real trooper when filling in for Marjolein on the pilates TSV the other week but she does come across as catty and self-important. Her self esteem appears to be a little TOO high in my opinion.

I know I'm not going to be popular, but personally i think Julia was just saying what alot of people were thinking, some of the so called fashion on QVC looks appalling even on the most beautiful models, it's refreshing to hear a presenter speak honestly instead of gushing about how fabulous everything is - when it clearly is not.

As for the Irish comment I do think people do need to lighten up, my mum was Irish making me half Irish, and I'm not offended in the least, you have to be so careful nowadays so as not to offend anyone, but if people were not so sensitive the world would be a much nicer place to live IMO, and there is alot of double standards on here, I don't know how people can complain about a comment made by Julia, when there has been countless personal remarks on here about her age, weight and even her family.

Don't be too hard on me it's just my personal opinion.

Depplover, I understand what you're saying. However, I disagree that a presenter's 'honesty' is valuable in a situation like this. Whatever Julia - or any other presenter - might think of the garment being sold, the fact is that many people will buy it because it appeals to them. Being told, in an underhand way, that Julia considers their taste to be lousy, is unkind and unprofessional.

It's also not fair to the model. She's being paid to put on whatever garment they give her, and try to look as attractive as possible when wearing it. Being told that she doesn't look good in it is a criticism of her professional ability. It's essentially saying "You're not up to the job of presenting this garment". The result is embarrassment - for the model, for the viewers, and for the production team, in fact, everyone except Julia.

Making a 'humorous' remark that implies that Irish people are stupid and easily muddled is not kind or even very realistic. It's made worse by the fact that Julia's 'jokes' are invariably aimed at others; I'm not sure I've ever heard her make a joke against herself or laugh at herself in any way except as a twisted kind of self-congratulation.

She seems to me to be immature, and lacking well-calibrated adult judgement.

Depplover, I understand what you're saying. However, I disagree that a presenter's 'honesty' is valuable in a situation like this. Whatever Julia - or any other presenter - might think of the garment being sold, the fact is that many people will buy it because it appeals to them. Being told, in an underhand way, that Julia considers their taste to be lousy, is unkind and unprofessional.

It's also not fair to the model. She's being paid to put on whatever garment they give her, and try to look as attractive as possible when wearing it. Being told that she doesn't look good in it is a criticism of her professional ability. It's essentially saying "You're not up to the job of presenting this garment". The result is embarrassment - for the model, for the viewers, and for the production team, in fact, everyone except Julia.

Making a 'humorous' remark that implies that Irish people are stupid and easily muddled is not kind or even very realistic. It's made worse by the fact that Julia's 'jokes' are invariably aimed at others; I'm not sure I've ever heard her make a joke against herself or laugh at herself in any way except as a twisted kind of self-congratulation.

She seems to me to be immature, and lacking well-calibrated adult judgement.

And ... let's not forget that Julia is being paid an excellent salary to represent QVC on screen. Is this really the image that QVC want to promote? Sorry to those who like JR, but I feel the self important image has to go - at the end of the day she is part of a team but you'd never know it.

I didn't actually see the hour in question, did she say the garment looked horrible or the model looked horrible in it?

I totally agree that you should buy an item not that appeals to you, not beacause of someone elses opinion of it. I never buy "fashion" from QVC because in my opinion it's all out of date, but if i did wanted it, I would buy it regardless of what the presenter or anyone else thought of it.

If we all went for what the presenters like we would buy every single item aired.

Believe it or not I am not a JR fan, but think she does get a raw deal, and some of the remarks are very nasty and personal, if she is confident enough to shrug it off, then good luck to her.

Latest posts

Back