Molton Brown on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

beautyqueen

Registered Shopper
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but what happened to Molton Brown on QVC? I used to love the TSV's they did.

Ah that's what happened, I wondered if someone on here would know and meant to post a thread asking about it myself when I first joined. I can't believe it made business sense to lose a contract like that though, takeover or not? I remember the last Christmas TSV they did they'd sold something like 35,000 kits by lunchtime!

I was really surprised by this decision. They used to sell huge quantities. whenever I go into their shop I am the only one there.

I overheard a conversation that someone was saying it was due to John Lewis complaining about the price Molton Brown was being sold for on QVC.
In that case I took it that JL would perhaps of objected to the TSV being advertised in the press, as at the time QVC had the big push of buy more save more and stock up till the next TSV.
Supose also JL would have been concerned about their sales from their stores for the rest of the year, if loads of buyers stocked up with the TSV's.

Last edited:
To be honest I cannot see one department store chain having that much power with Molton Brown. They where in Debenhams and House of Fraser too plus their own stand alone stores at the time.

No longer in Debenhams, they got pulled from there not long after the buy out. So I will say the Japanese company refused to either supply at the prices MB used to be sold at or else thought QVC and Debenhams too down market for them.

Molton Brown now like to see themselves as a luxury life style brand. They discontined the great makeup they used to sell, brought out a new style which also did not last long. Seemed to be rushing to change the skincare, everytime I passed the local MB shop they had repacked and changed the skincare.

Here in Belfast we have two stand alone stores plus they are in House of Fraser. Even though I never really see people in the stores when passing they must be doing well as how could they survive and pay the rates in this econmic (sp) and the rates otherwise. I have friends who work in House of Fraser beside the MB bit and she says they do really well there.

they sell molton brown in John Lewis but its not cheap ,however I got two sets of two full size shower gels on the website for £19 each with free p and p
they were good value as I think one bottle is about £14 alone
the MB tsv was always great value on qvc,never mentioned since they left either !!

we have a stand alone shop and is always empty when i pass it maybe because not 10yrds away is a JL that sells MB weird set up lol used to love MB but not bought any for ages

the shop at cheshire oaks wasnt that cheap either.the one at the Lowry outlet used to be ok but last time I went I thought it was a bit naff,some of the sets were a mish mash of all sorts

If anyone is intersted or in the Greater Manchester area there is a MB outlet shop in the Lowry centre at Salford Quays.

It's still not 'dirt' cheap but they often do collections at a good price.

Also, they are selling through all the cosmetics that arent on sale in their stores now. They told me only being sold in two places - that shop being one of them. That was a couple of months ago - don't know how long the stock will last but it was very cheap - about 3/4 of the price off (from memory).

The reason MB withdrew from QVC is that QVC wanted a bigger chunk of the profits from the MB shows. This info was from an insider who works at their headquarters.

MB always have good offers in their shops during the summer and January sales. Nothing as good as the QVC TSV's but you can usualy get 2 full size shower gels for about £4 more than just buying one. I got a nice little set in January that had about 8 50ml shower gells for about £20.

Latest posts

Back