new TSV tune

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, and the old graphics. The new ones make every show look like an outlet. Very down market.
Can I ask a quick question here, even though it's a bit off-thread: what did qvc have before they brought in 'hot picks'? I can't remember and it's really bugging me. Thanks Bea

They were called 'one to watch' which I think sounds slightly better than 'hot pick.'

Sorry if this has been discussed, but can we have the old TSV music back

It only changed recently but, for the life of me I can't remember what it was like before. Strangely though, I know that I preferred ti before!!. I also preferred the old graphics.

The previous TSV jingle was far more dramatic and drumrolly I always thought! I know the jingle they had previous to that one was what was used when I first found QVC, can't for the life of me remember what it sounded like now but I know that when they changed to the jingle they've just got rid of I preferred the original!

Rather amusingly/unpleasantly, 'Hot Picks' are given various other prefixes by some members of this family including 'Nose' and 'Tooth'...:giggle:

I don't like any of their new presentations. The jingles for TSVs and OTOs are particularly underwhelming and unnoticeable. If I was in another room and the old jingle for the TSV came on I heard it straight away but the new one is too 'weak'. I find the new website layout very unstable, when I try to click on an item I end up with something different as it keeps jumping about, and the new logo is too understated compared to the previous one.

The old TSV tune was a bit dramatic and sounded like something dramatic had happened on the news!! then it would turn out to be a bit of Kim and Co

I don't remember 'in the spotlight' but now I remember 'one to watch' very well - quite a few presenters used to get themselves in knots and talk about 'up to 5 one to watches a day' didn't they? You'd have thought someone could have corrected them since it was a phrase they all had to trot out endlessly - maybe that's why it fell by the wayside in favour of 'hot pick.' Nothing for the poor dears to mangle there.

I don't remember 'in the spotlight' but now I remember 'one to watch' very well - quite a few presenters used to get themselves in knots and talk about 'up to 5 one to watches a day' didn't they? You'd have thought someone could have corrected them since it was a phrase they all had to trot out endlessly - maybe that's why it fell by the wayside in favour of 'hot pick.' Nothing for the poor dears to mangle there.

Yes! I distinctly remember that Ali Young used to get herself in a knot with that one. She was never sure whether to say "we have up to five ones to watch every day" or "we have up to five one to watches every day".

I also remember someone on this forum saying that their dog rushed to his\her food bowl when the bargain hunter music came on because he\she was given crunchies at that time. I wonder if the change caused confusion. It made me laugh out loud at the time.

My husband does Tai Chi and when he puts the music on our five cats see it as a signal to go mad. All I can here is him chuntering on about "bliddy cats, always in the way!" and a squeak now and then as lone of them gets their paw stood on. The same happens when he uses his back relaxer thing (from QVC) they think that it is pussy cat playground and bounce all over him or cuddle up because they think that he is having a snooze.

:giggle:

I still miss the clock :clock: ticking down to midnight and the new TSV...but then I grew up with the Playschool clock ...there's probably an indication of a deep seated unfulfilled need in this....:taphead:...I'll wander off to look thru the arched window until I feel better....:mysmilie_850:

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back