QVC - Stating the obvious...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Just laughed to myself at the start of the Yankee Candles hour with Simon. He was going into raptures about how true to life the scents were etc and said they all smelt 'good enough to eat' quickly and earnestly followed by 'but please of course, DON'T eat them'.:grin:

I'm disappointed and upset to say the least, this means I have to stop melting them down to spread on my toast of a morning. My other half is particularly partial to them heated and poured over ice cream for dessert. Where else will I be able to find candles that are good enough to eat? QVC sort this out at once, I am outraged.

:wink:

Just laughed to myself at the start of the Yankee Candles hour with Simon. He was going into raptures about how true to life the scents were etc and said they all smelt 'good enough to eat' quickly and earnestly followed by 'but please of course, DON'T eat them'.:grin:

I'm disappointed and upset to say the least, this means I have to stop melting them down to spread on my toast of a morning. My other half is particularly partial to them heated and poured over ice cream for dessert. Where else will I be able to find candles that are good enough to eat? QVC sort this out at once, I am outraged.

Well they know what a bunch of children we are to fall for some of their fairy stories so they may well think we are crazed enough to start scoffing candle wax!:giggle:

Well they know what a bunch of children we are to fall for some of their fairy stories so they may well think we are crazed enough to start scoffing candle wax!:giggle:

*wipes away traces of French Vanilla Candle from gob*

What's that you say, m'dear?:wait:

There was a Kitchen show the other week and Malcolm Harradine was demonstrating some silicone oven gloves. He kept dipping his hand into a pan of hot water to retrieve some boiled eggs but if they said "of course, you wouldn't do this at home" once, they said it a dozen times within the 10 minute demo. I would prefer they only demo'd in the way that you WOULD use the products at home.

Now I'm just going to prepare a Fresh Cut Roses fondue for tea.....

:nod: I like to melt down a Baby Powder candle and slather it on after a bath. Much better than Elemis Frangipani Monoi Melt!

My OH was finding the idea of ordering 'six perfumed tarts' quite funny too this morning...ah well...

Can't stand Simon's presenting "style", he is so insincere and makes such silly facial expressions feigning surprise or incredulity at the low prices or quality of a product.

I did eat a bit of lemon soap once I must confess. I was in the bath & had one of those lemon shaped fruity soaps & it smelt so gorgeous I just had to have a little nibble. Not surprisingly it tasted of soap, but then it was a lemon - maybe a strawberry soap would havetasted better! See some of us really are that daft!

I did eat a bit of lemon soap once I must confess. I was in the bath & had one of those lemon shaped fruity soaps & it smelt so gorgeous I just had to have a little nibble. Not surprisingly it tasted of soap, but then it was a lemon - maybe a strawberry soap would havetasted better! See some of us really are that daft!

And of course if someone did eat it and it made them ill, they'd probably sue QVC for not warning them - remember this is such a litigious world now that MacDonalds have to warn 'caution contents may be hot' on the outside of their coffee cups!

I remember seeing a Superman cape for sale that had "does not allow wearer to fly" stamped on the back. My brother could have done with that a few years back - when he was really small he thought he could fly and flung himself off the roof of the family car. Ooop! Not too much damage done fortunately.

Still having said that, many adults I know behave like children, so they need to be told ;)

Latest posts

Back