Stock Issues!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
I received two letters from QVC on Saturday telling me they had "discovered an issue with a small amount of the stock of an item and this has affected how quickly we can send your order". They went on to say if they could replace the stock within 30 days they would fulfill the order, otherwise they would cancel it. Then I got an email today saying one of the items had already been despatched. I'm wondering what the 'issue' was. The items in question were a Honora necklace and a George Simonton shirt. Delivery from the USA held up by volcanic ash is my guess, but as they mentioned this during several of the Honora shows and offered items still awaited on advance order, why not these two items. Has anyone else received such letters?

I received two letters from QVC on Saturday telling me they had "discovered an issue with a small amount of the stock of an item and this has affected how quickly we can send your order". They went on to say if they could replace the stock within 30 days they would fulfill the order, otherwise they would cancel it. Then I got an email today saying one of the items had already been despatched. I'm wondering what the 'issue' was. The items in question were a Honora necklace and a George Simonton shirt. Delivery from the USA held up by volcanic ash is my guess, but as they mentioned this during several of the Honora shows and offered items still awaited on advance order, why not these two items. Has anyone else received such letters?

i posted a thread on a similar issue yesterday regarding stock problems with a pecksniffs item. i ordered, it was in stock, i paid, they debited my visa card, and low and behold, it's now awaiting stock! didn't stop them taking my ruddy money though did it?

It's a stock letter they send out for every occasion....Hallmark should bring out a range of cards for them. Not sure if there ever is a "slight problem" or if they just say this when they've over-sold an item. I've also received this letter after the item has been delivered. If they'd already sent out thousands of an item surely they'd have to recall them to ensure they'd tracked down all those with said "issue". I've been shopping with QVC for 16 years and never seen a product recalled by letter or on their website (tho that doesn't mean it's never happened obviously).

Fingers crossed you get you item. I doubt there's even an "issue".

Jude xx

I had a weird letter from them regarding the yankee candle tsv last month that was auto delivery. It stated that there was a problem and they may not be able to supply the set and my order would also be cancelled. shame the letter arrived the day after my parcel did with said candles inside.

It's a stock letter they send out for every occasion....Hallmark should bring out a range of cards for them. Not sure if there ever is a "slight problem" or if they just say this when they've over-sold an item. I've also received this letter after the item has been delivered. If they'd already sent out thousands of an item surely they'd have to recall them to ensure they'd tracked down all those with said "issue". I've been shopping with QVC for 16 years and never seen a product recalled by letter or on their website (tho that doesn't mean it's never happened obviously).

Fingers crossed you get you item. I doubt there's even an "issue".

Jude xx

Thanks Jude, like the idea of a special QVC card. Funnily enough, I've only been shopping with QVC for 5 years and I've had three letters 'recalling' items. Once with a Chateau D'Argent watch (not sure what the problem was), once with a gold bangle which they said turned out to be below their product standards and more recently with the Yankee Candles electric tart warmer, which failed to automatically switch off. I had no problem with their problem as far as the watch and tart warmer were concerned so I kept those items, but was unhappy with the quality of the bangle (for the cost) so returned it.

Thanks Topaz, it's good to know QVC will act when they identify a problem.

Jude xx

Slightly relevant to this topic, but I'm curious if anyone else thinks that all the current rash of items on advanced orders is just to make it look as though customers are still actively buying from them? Either that or they just keep overselling items. Even if product had been held up in shipping, as is possible, they surely wouldn't sell it until it was received? Would they? o_O Perhaps I'm just overthinking it but it seems iffy somehow. I can't help but think it's just a way of keeping customers from voting with their feet and heading elsewhere for their product.

I find they are pretty good at letting you know if something is wrong with an item. One was a coat that had been missold as washable, when it wasn't and they honoured a full refund on the item, with P&P, which was handy because I didn't like it anyway! The other item was a step exerciser that we bought. They wrote saying that some issue had arisen and were investigating and, after some time, they offered a full refund on that too, but never actually said what the problem was. I presume it was a safety issue as they advised not to use it until we heard back from them.

I think with the advanced orders they have been doing a lot of lately, is maybe they would not commit to the more stock but reserve an option as a back up

I think with the advanced orders they have been doing a lot of lately, is maybe they would not commit to the more stock but reserve an option as a back up

I was wondering that too Grovesy, and that maybe they were having cash flow problems. They did say the volcanic ash/flight cancellations had delayed deliveries but the advance orders have been popping up quite a lot and, if my memory serves me correctly, started before the volcano errupted.

Slightly off topic but still related, there have been an awful lot of outlet shows lately too. I know they have them at the beginning of the year and usually in the summer, but they seem to have been very on-going through the year. Again, maybe trying to sell old stock because they can't afford lots of new??????

Even from the USA?

Generally, for bulk items, yes. I used to work as a coordinator selling wholesale stationery supplies across Europe. We did everything that we could to avoid have to airfreighting stock anywhere because the cost is several times that of shipping by surface methods. The cost of that added into the current prices for items would put prices up far too high.

I'm also sure that there are so many outlet shows simply because they don't have anything else to sell. There has been a very noticeable drop in the variety of products that they have on air now. Also lots of "cobbling together" of shows, probably with stuff that was found in the back of the warehouse. And what is it with the gardening? There has been so much of that of late - is it because the stock is held at the producer, rather than with QVC, and so the financial risk of low sales is deferred to them instead? This must be the 14th or 15th TSV so far this year. That's got to be way more than any other product.

Latest posts

Back