Would you buy a car from this woman......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
I have been watching the Kipling hours this morning, and I can't get over Debbie Flint's sales patter....... OMG she sounds so much like a cheesey, slimey second-hand car dealer:bandit:

She sounded so insincere and patronising that I had to put her on mute. I think she forgets she is talking to adults and comes across as a presenter on Play School:angry:

Damned annoying woman. Or is it just me?

I agree there's something rruufffff about her. She's pushy and obviously insincere. The sort of sales assistant I run a mile from in a shop. At least she's a safe distance away on the box and we can switch her off at any moment!

Also, I know that lots of folk find JF's gasping and wheezing annoying but what about DF. She doesn't manage to control her phrasing and just talks till she runs out of breath and I find that I'm just waiting for her to do it rather than listening to what she says (a mercy probably). Gives the impression of being a smoker who's in a hurry to nip outside for a gasper.

Finally, not that I'm being critical or anything (!) but she looks very tacky in that tight skirt and barmaid top today. Other than that, lovely.

She came out with a corker yesterday, in fact I've heard her do this before.

Showing a garment that cost £36 but came with free P&P (which was £3.95) and said - 'Now this has free P&P so you're only actually paying £32 for this top and not £36'.

Well, no love - you're paying £36. I know maths isn't my strong point - in fact I needed crampons and Kendal Mint Cake to get to the summit of my GSCE Maths Exam, but even me with my numerically dyslexic brain knows that £36 with no P&P is still £36...

*applies head to wall*

There was a Kipling Bag on for £2OO and she said it would make a nice gift , couldn't possibly afford this for myself let alone a gift for someone.

Showing a garment that cost £36 but came with free P&P (which was £3.95) and said - 'Now this has free P&P so you're only actually paying £32 for this top and not £36'.

Well, no love - you're paying £36. I know maths isn't my strong point - in fact I needed crampons and Kendal Mint Cake to get to the summit of my GSCE Maths Exam, but even me with my numerically dyslexic brain knows that £36 with no P&P is still £36...

*applies head to wall*

Grrrr she keeps doing this, does she think we are stupid! :taphead:

*applies head to wall*

I'm sure that in her hiatus from QVC she has been running an accounts company. Hmmm. Not sure I'd trust her with my accounts.:rock:

*applies head to wall*

If a top was at £32 plus £3.95 p&p, you would pay £36.

That's what she trying to say ! :flower:

*applies head to wall*

LOL!! Love it!! Crampons and Kendal mint cake!! Tee hee. :clapping:

She did that earlier on in the Birkenstock hour, something with free P&P so she reckoned that made the item £4 cheaper!! Hang about, how do you work that out?

*applies head to wall*

So, by her reckoning, if you return it you'll only get £32 back even though you paid £36!!

What a bargain :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

really infuriates me when she does that about the prices i'm no carol vorderman but i know what she says don't add up she needs maths lessons she shouldn't keep saying these things it's misleading

I feel a bit of a thicky. The way I read it is, you have an item that's £36. It comes with say, £3.95 p and p. That makes the item £39.95 in total. If you sell that £36 item without the p and p, then it's £36. No more, no less. I just don't get how she can say it's £32. It would be £32 if they gave you a £36 with a £4 discount. But they're not. Argh! Now I'm confuzzling myself. :bandit:

Latest posts

Back