Anyone else had unusual delivery experiences recently?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AllThatGlitters

Registered Shopper
I got an email this morning that an advanced order item was being sent. That usually means a wait of three or four days, yes? Instead, it arrived half an hour later, along with another item that I'd had on waitlist for months, that I hadn't had any email about! About an hour later I got an email dispatch note for the waitlist item.

I also ordered two things on Sunday, but didn't get a confirmatory email until today.

Weird.

exactly what happened to me an hour later my yankee tsv arrived.
nice it was to. will get the gold set i had on cheaque hold.

I've had things off waitlist just randomly turn up, thought I'd missed the 'it's on it's way' e-mail as I'd been on hols, but the e-mail actually came the day AFTER the things arrived!

I really must keep a closer eye on my waitlist items as I'd totally forgot about the two latest things to turn up, which means I could have easily lived without them and really should have cancelled them....:taphead:

Well, my Smashbox TSV was delivered at 10am today and the email telling me it was on its way arrived at 12.47pm today!

The email notification is a good idea but needs to be improved.

I ordered the Lori Greiner jewellery mirror/jewellery organiser recently. It still hasn't arrived. When I called CS they said it should have been delivered on Friday and that a driver was sent out with it then. They said they would look into it but send me a refund letter to fill in.
How can a big item like a full-size mirror just go AWOL? I was annoyed because this item always sells out and I normally miss out. The next delivery is not until July.
I know it is not QVC's fault exactly, it is the carrier's, but how can this sort of thing continue? QVC are losing out as well as me - and this is the kind of thing which keeps the postage costs so high IMO.
When returning items, especially if they are small I always post registered, because I just don't want the item to go missing, which happened once with a pair of Honora earrings. QVC did refund but said next time they wouldn't. So now everything has to be sent back recorded, which makes you think twice about purchasing in the first place.
I am curious as to what happens to these items. Are they stolen, or lost somewhere? Why can't you send items first class and expect them to arrive. It seems everything has to be recorded.

I had a couple of items delivered by Hermes which was a first. Sent a couple of things back last week and fortunately they have been refunded. I'm always worried that they will go AWOL.

I ordered the Lori Greiner jewellery mirror/jewellery organiser recently. It still hasn't arrived. When I called CS they said it should have been delivered on Friday and that a driver was sent out with it then. They said they would look into it but send me a refund letter to fill in.
How can a big item like a full-size mirror just go AWOL? I was annoyed because this item always sells out and I normally miss out. The next delivery is not until July.
I know it is not QVC's fault exactly, it is the carrier's, but how can this sort of thing continue? QVC are losing out as well as me - and this is the kind of thing which keeps the postage costs so high IMO.
When returning items, especially if they are small I always post registered, because I just don't want the item to go missing, which happened once with a pair of Honora earrings. QVC did refund but said next time they wouldn't. So now everything has to be sent back recorded, which makes you think twice about purchasing in the first place.
I am curious as to what happens to these items. Are they stolen, or lost somewhere? Why can't you send items first class and expect them to arrive. It seems everything has to be recorded.

Now, this really annoys me. On QVCs return slips, it clearly says "If the item is more than £200 then use a signed for service". The post office always ask if anything is over the standard compensation rate and will not let you send it 1st or 2nd class if it is. I always send anything over about £30 via recorded delivery now.

Not exactly, but an item I ordered early last week took an excruciatingly long time to go from being "In Process" to "Shipped" - almost a whole week, which is ridiculous - in the past the longest it's taken between placing the order and being shipped has been 48 hours at most.

But yes, my "Your order is on its way" emails always show up at least a day after it has actually been shipped.

I ordered a Charlie bear on sunday with my 3 easy pay code,received a item has been sent out email yesterday and it arrived this morning!!!!!!! was so amazed at the quick delivery

Latest posts

Back