Lost Returns.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I've just been reading another thread about returns. In the thread, one poster says that QVC compensated for a lost return but said they would't in future. As far as I'm concerned, this clashes with their returns instructions. On their returns slip - I'm looking at one now - the third bullet point under "How to return" clearly states If the item cost over £200, please ask for a "signed for" service. As far as I'm concerned then, if you sent something back that cost £199 via 1st class post and it got lost, as long as you have a proof of posting then it's QVCs responsibility to make sure that you get compensated. Am I wrong to think that?

I'd not send back anything over about £30 without using recorded delivery anyhow. My local post office always ask if there's anything of value in packets that are being sent and advise accordingly if you tell them there's more than £42 in there.

Hi Moth,
Good point about the £200 ceiling rate. However, I register all the post I send back to QVC as I can't face having to get the money back from the Post Office just with a certificate of postage.
The good news is that it does put me off buying things on impulse or which I may be unsure about eg clothes. I only purchase if I am pretty sure I'm going to keep it.

I've only just started sending things back (largely due to this forum energizing me, I no longer hang on to the mistake purchases when I have failed to f.a.r.t.) and have always used Special Delivery to return anything over the £42 basic insurance limit, but was advised by my local Post Office recently that jewellery is excluded from such insurance and that the only way to cover it is with Special Delivery. Has anyone else heard this?

true

I've only just started sending things back (largely due to this forum energizing me, I no longer hang on to the mistake purchases when I have failed to f.a.r.t.) and have always used Special Delivery to return anything over the £42 basic insurance limit, but was advised by my local Post Office recently that jewellery is excluded from such insurance and that the only way to cover it is with Special Delivery. Has anyone else heard this?
Hi :wave:
It is made clear on the slip you get back when you send a parcel by recorded delivery that it does not cover fine jewellery or high value items. Costume jewellery is OK.

Latest posts

Back