Elaine Paige

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pickles

Registered Shopper
I saw some of this hour yesterday. It was really pleasant viewing. AK was very relaxed and knowledgeable about Elaine and her work. Elaine is such a good singer - really puts current celebrrities to shame (didn't buy anything though!)

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too.
I thought she looked really good as well. I watched the Susan Boyle programme over Xmas when they did a duet together & I thought she looked well scary then. (Bad Facelift).
But her new hairdo made her look a lot better.
Really informative show as well. (I didn't buy anything either though)!

I also enjoyed this very much. It was a bit brown-nosey at first, but it has been my favourite of the musical shows so far - at least EP had some tales to tell.

nice show,nice lady....hideous face surgery!!

She was a very attractive lady who now just has the"surgery gone wrong look"..shame.

I didn't see it but I thought that she had that tell tale 'startled' look on the trailers :wonder: I remember some time ago seeing a publicitly poster for her - the honey-lights were so bright you could hardly make out her features. Looked a bit like the scene from Close Encounters when the aliens come out of the Mother Ship :grin:

i thought it was good i listen to elaine's show on a sun on radio 2 nice to see her on the tv ak was good as well right presenter choice

I thought Alison was sucking up to her a bit too much and Elaine scared the life out of me with a few notes when singing 'Yesterday', holy moly did she shout it!! Also thought the facelift made her have problems getting her mouth open to reach those notes.....

That song is available on QVC now, if you want to check out the shouty moment there's one around 2.12 mins.

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/qgossip/2010/05/watch-elaine-paige-perform-live-on-qvc.html

Last edited:
EP came across as a nice Lady, but I don't think she should have sang on set, imho she came across as rather weak and dare I say ... past her best.I also thought she had over done Lulu's time bomb. :mysmilie_845:

i think that Simon Cowell would have described Elaine's rendition of 'Yesterday' as self indulgent. Messing with something great just for the sake of it - adding nothing to what should be sung simply.

On the appearance front she doesn't look bad - a bit odd - but I do admire the ladies who age gracefully & naturally - Sheila Hancock, Helen Mirren, Judi Dench - unfortunately, it's hard to think of many on TV/film!

I didn't see it but I thought that she had that tell tale 'startled' look on the trailers :wonder: I remember some time ago seeing a publicitly poster for her - the honey-lights were so bright you could hardly make out her features. Looked a bit like the scene from Close Encounters when the aliens come out of the Mother Ship :grin:

Does anyone remember the actress Gloria Swanson. She was in Sunset Boulevard with William Holden which is one of my favourite films. After seeing EP on tv that is who she reminded me of!

I didnt buy either!!

I thought Alison was sucking up to her a bit too much and Elaine scared the life out of me with a few notes when singing 'Yesterday', holy moly did she shout it!! Also thought the facelift made her have problems getting her mouth open to reach those notes.....

That song is available on QVC now, if you want to check out the shouty moment there's one around 2.12 mins.

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/qgossip/2010/05/watch-elaine-paige-perform-live-on-qvc.html

Those notes were a bit painful, I agree. However, all in all this show was both watchable and enjoyable, which was a surprise for me as I was expecting it to be pretty grim. I had a feeling EP would be a bit lovey-ish and up-herself but she seemed fairly normal. I didn't know that she'd had a facelift but there was something a bit weird about her mouth - not puffy like Lulu - but as if it couldn't quite open up properly.
AY at her best. Do like her.

Latest posts

Back