Lola Rose...... has it lost its sparkle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
I do like some of the Lola Rose stuff and have a few pieces, although some of it is overpriced in my view.

I was just wondering whether it's the credit crunch or not, but just lately there doesn't seem to be many sell outs when it is on air. I can remember when things literally sold out within minutes.......... but not any more.

Or are people realising that they can get the same quality for a lot cheaper?

I was just thinking the very same thing. That not much of it seems to be selling out. I think some of the pieces are really lovely - but they are very overpriced generally...

Or are people realising that they can get the same quality for a lot cheaper?

I think you're spot on there. The pieces made by our very own Beads by Belles are a perfect example of superb quality and craftsmanship at a fraction of the price.

It hasn't lost it's sparkle for me-I love it! I know it's not for everyone, but for me it just can't be beaten. But each to their own, as without choice, we would look all like robots.

I like the tumble bracelets and the flat versions of it. But I looked on QVC and they are £33 plus shipping. I can go to my local House of Fraser and the same bracelets are £25 and it there is a 20% offer only £20.

I don't do things with hearts so that cuts out alot of the styles and I don't do necklaces either.

I like the tumble bracelets and the flat versions of it. But I looked on QVC and they are £33 plus shipping. I can go to my local House of Fraser and the same bracelets are £25 and it there is a 20% offer only £20.

I don't do things with hearts so that cuts out alot of the styles and I don't do necklaces either.

I do.:heart::heart:

regardless of the quality, what they actually look like is cheap plastic strung together on elastic. i bet youre not wearing this stuff in 5 years time.

I think you're spot on there. The pieces made by our very own Beads by Belles are a perfect example of superb quality and craftsmanship at a fraction of the price.
Seconded!!! Imho the Beady ladies offer far superior workmanship, more original designs and great value. Please take a look at their albums in the Outlets forum to judge for yourselves.

P.S. I am just a very satisfied customer, nothing else.

Seconded!!! Imho the Beady ladies offer far superior workmanship, more original designs and great value. Please take a look at their albums in the Outlets forum to judge for yourselves.

P.S. I am just a very satisfied customer, nothing else.

I agree, absolutely. :clapping: And if you have even a very vague idea about something you fancy, send Falguni or Paula a pm, tell them what you would like, and ask them to have a look in their beady boxes and they will come up with something wonderful for you.

The stuff is overpriced. However I do like it. I too was of the "it's just like cheap plastic" until I tried some on and it IS much nicer than that. I like the fact it's got a nice weight and is genuine stone and to be honest you can feel the quality. I have a grey chunky heart bracelet that I bought in a moment of madness, but I do wear at lot and will outlast all the plastic lookalikes I have I'm sure. Doesn't mean I'm rushing out to buy any more though. As I said, I think it's still overpriced, but I'll buy the occasional piece if I see something a bit different or something I particularly like and can afford at the time.

Just been looking at the Beading Belles albums though and I think I may feel an order coming on at some point though!

Another place I have found recently is here: www.lisaangel.co.uk they have a large stall in the shopping centre where I live (Norwich) and also sell online. Her jewellery IS acrylic....but doesn't look at all cheap and I thought it had a bit of a Lola Rose-esque look about some of it. Tried a few bits on yesterday and loved it.

The stuff is overpriced. However I do like it. I too was of the "it's just like cheap plastic" until I tried some on and it IS much nicer than that. I like the fact it's got a nice weight and is genuine stone and to be honest you can feel the quality. I have a grey chunky heart bracelet that I bought in a moment of madness, but I do wear at lot and will outlast all the plastic lookalikes I have I'm sure. Doesn't mean I'm rushing out to buy any more though. As I said, I think it's still overpriced, but I'll buy the occasional piece if I see something a bit different or something I particularly like and can afford at the time.

Just been looking at the Beading Belles albums though and I think I may feel an order coming on at some point though!

This is exactly how I feel. I was deeply dismissive of Lola Rose when I initially saw it on QVC, having not held it in hand, but when my best friend bought a piece I had to check it out in reality as she is singularly unmoved by jewellery and virtually never buys any for herself. I agree that you can feel the quality and though I love the odd piece of QVC 'imitation' Lola Rose I do think the range is a step up. I've still to buy from the range for myself, have got my eye on a pair of earrings but we're brassic lint in this house till payday. Am trying to resist chequeholding them till Friday...

I also just looked at Beading Belles work and too feel an order at some point is inevitable!

It hasn't lost it's sparkle for me-I love it! I know it's not for everyone, but for me it just can't be beaten. But each to their own, as without choice, we would look all like robots.

Mum was only just saying that there must be someone out there who likes it. And there you are ;)

I like the jewellery and apprecaite the quality but its to expensive. I think you are buying the name but isnt that the same for all "designer" labels? I have to confess to purchasing the odd ring or two but im a bit sick of hearts and flowers by now!

regardless of the quality, what they actually look like is cheap plastic strung together on elastic. i bet youre not wearing this stuff in 5 years time.

i have been wearing lola rose for years now and find that even though i dont like all the stone colours you can look really elegant with a bit of lola rose.

to me its not a fashion brand so i dont believe it will go out of fashion.

it is expensive but lots of places sell it from house of fraser to amazon and her own website. there are bargains to be had!

I have three Lola Rose necklaces which I do wear on the odd occasion when I go out anywhere nice, which at the moment is very rare!! I do like them wearing them and they do have a weight to them. I also agree that the prices are getting too high IMOH so that might be why they don't sell out as quick as they used to!! I will definitely have a look at Beading Belles when I have some money in the future!!

Latest posts

Back