3pm Bare Escentuals show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I think I need to adjust the colour knob on my telly - I've got a terrible orange haze over the screen.......

.....oh, wait - no it's the BE summer foundations being applied with a yard broom, with an additional topping of bronzer

I thought it was just me that was thinking that...some of the make up looked nice - the eyeshadows etc, but my goodness the foundations/bronzers looked so streaky and browny-orange it was awful. I've never had any success with the BE Foundations anyway, was allergic to them - but I like watching SJ as she always does a good job...

I've never got on with these products, they're very overrated and a faff to apply. The noise the presenters make when they tap the brush on the side of the pot really grates on my nerves too! Plus I find the colours too washy for me!

Love Becky <3

.... and Pipa looks like she has been tangoed!!!

Glad it wasn't just me. Couldn't work out if she'd got a bit sun burnt (as she had a line of very white skin on her forehead, near her hair line) or if she'd put too much BE/bronzer on.

I've never got on with these products, they're very overrated and a faff to apply. The noise the presenters make when they tap the brush on the side of the pot really grates on my nerves too! Plus I find the colours too washy for me!

Love Becky <3

Completely agree! the foundation and mineral veil make me look shiny, some of the eyeshadows and blushers are nice enough but what a pallaver faffing round with all those little pots, then the swirl, tap, buff business - slap on and go is more my kind of thing!

And don't start me on the mess they make - you can see it in the studio with all the powder floofing up into the air like a BE ash cloud - well at home that ends up all over you and your dressing table!

The faff is exactly what puts me off buying BE. I absolutely love some of the eyeshadow colours but who has time to be fiddling around with a million different pots in the morning? I use the Mineral Veil as a setting powder which I really like and I have a few eyeshadows I bought before I realised how annoying they are but other than that I rarely buy anything. They should really come out with some sort of palette with loads of colours NOT all in different pots, not really practical I know but might encourage more people to buy? I know some people press the minerals into eyeshadow pans but again, too much faff for a ****** eyeshadow!

Gave the foundation a try years ago but it made me look like a disco ball...in orange....:blush:

Tx

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get any decent "payoff" when I use the BE eye shadows. I can do the foiling but - me - early morning - pots of powder and pots of water spell disaster and it's not really a look I'd wear on a daily basis.

Even the deeper pigmented shadows come out faint and muddy when I apply them dry. ( I've tried lots of eye primers with them too).

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back