Julia's asking for votes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HFH is a charity I support, but that blog is more about the promotion of precious Princess Sophie than about the charity.

I won't be voting!:down:

ermmm-there are some right dodgy entrants! I voted for Biaca Rackham-I'm sure 'the boys' will love her old fashioned underwear! I noticed Sophie has already had a snarky comment about her mum being on telly!

This is all becoming a bit too much to swallow - why should we have to put up with Julia constantly promoting her family whilst on QVC's clock? We are indirectly (through our purchases) funding this and enough is enough!

I find the fact that she is using a charity for self promotion just plain unseemly:angry::angry::angry:.

If you agree please add your comment to her charity page - I already have but let's see if it passes moderation.

No, Julia dear, I shall not vote for your daughter just because you asked us all too. It's hardly fair, is it? While I'm sure lots of the other ladies have been trying to tot up support for their own campaign, I am also sure that not all of them have a pushy mother on the television to help them even further along the way.

I voted for Laura Metcalfe, purely because she has first hand experience of life as a member of the forces. She also doesn't seem to be overly fond of herself, unlike some of the others in the running.

i won't be voting i do support the charity but will no way vote for her comes across to me as another way to get herself known not sure she's really interested in this amazing charity don't sit well with me you shouldn't exploit charities for your own gains

SNAP!! AnnaBanana. I voted for Laura Metcalfe too, and for the same reasons as you. I think this is just another way of SM, (and her mother), pushing for another spot in the limelight.

Julia has mentioned that Sophie's boyfriend is in the army. So I would love to think this is sincere in supporting those who are indeed heroes. I'm trying here people.

My husband has served in Afghanistan so i feel i have a right to comment, why not just donate money. I think these girls are just looking for a chance to show off and be spotted for modelling jobs :mysmilie_490:

She might be asking for votes but she most definitely won't be getting one from me. I have the most utmost admiration for our heroes who put their lives on the line in the most dangerous of circumstances so I can't help but feel that Julia'a request is more for promoting her daughter rather than those who do a more deserving job. Let's face it, we all want the best for our little darlings but being so pushy in such an obvious manner is now getting too much below the belt.

Our heroes need someone with more consideration for them rather than what the models can get out of it themselves! This "I must get recognised, I must be famous" attitude from the Roberts family is absolutely outrageous. Those who do well for our country don't expect fame and headlines but boy do they deserve it. I have a tear in my eye every single time I hear news from Afghanistan, etc..............these boys and girls are the marvellous ones not those who are fortunate enough to have parent/s in the media spotlight!!

Sophie states that it is 'close to her heart', so why did she not elaborate more on that and tell us why? I voted for Lisa Deegan, she seems to have a natural beauty that given the right promotion (like Sophie has) would only be enhanced.

I can thank Julia for directing me to that site so that I can squarely vote for someone else other than Sophie!

No, Julia dear, I shall not vote for your daughter just because you asked us all too. It's hardly fair, is it? While I'm sure lots of the other ladies have been trying to tot up support for their own campaign, I am also sure that not all of them have a pushy mother on the television to help them even further along the way.

I voted for Laura Metcalfe, purely because she has first hand experience of life as a member of the forces. She also doesn't seem to be overly fond of herself, unlike some of the others in the running.

I've voted for Laura also. She really deserves to win.

I think Julia has reached an all time low in using this deserving charity to promote her daughter.

I voted for Lisa Deegan, she seems a lovely normal girl. If I hadn't seen and heard Sophie on QVC she would no doubt have got my vote, imo Julia is not doing Sophie and her career any favours.

JR is so pushy and full of herself and her family. It is unfair on all the other girls for her to promote her daughter in this way. It's like Loose Women asking for votes for news awards on a daily basis - which worked so well that they won an award for best documentary. :taphead:

JR - no sense of fair play, will push anybody else out of the way to achieve her ends.

I didn't vote for her either!!! I voted for a serving member of the armed forces, who is married to a serviceman and is a wife and mother - far more deserving and self sacrificing that a certain someone else!!!!

I didn't vote for her either!!! I voted for a serving member of the armed forces, who is married to a serviceman and is a wife and mother - far more deserving and self sacrificing that a certain someone else!!!!

Me too. :up:

Am horrified to see that SM is 2nd top of the list! No doubt all the T-callers who worship at the feet of JR. This just makes me sick.

Here is the #1 reason why I don't read presenters blogs. I can't be doing with their self-promotion at the best of times and seeing one taking advantage of a charity in this manner is too much. I wouldn't give them the time of day.

HFH is a charity I support, but that blog is more about the promotion of precious Princess Sophie than about the charity.

I won't be voting!:down:

Totally agree - I totally support HFH but not in this way! Find it a bit offensive touting for votes, to be honest.

Am horrified to see that SM is 2nd top of the list! No doubt all the T-callers who worship at the feet of JR. This just makes me sick.

To be honest, JR is making me sick quite a lot these days, but to stoop so low as to use this charity for her (and her daughter's ends) is bang out of order IMO. I'm surprised QVC aren't having a word in her ear about this !!!

Latest posts

Back