B. Makowsky TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

totally uninspired by the tsv but i do like the pewter colour. i quite like the xbody bag in the green but i have heard that the lighter colours can be problematic.
i think i will give it a miss and concentrate on shoes and the clothes i will buy when i stop shrinking lol

I really like it.I could do with a new summer bag for both work and going out and about in the summer months.however,I think its terribly overpriced.They may not be leather - but the "look" of this bag is everywhere in the high street - theres certainly hundreds in my local TKmaxx -for around £30-£40.

Really hate the leopard print lining on this bag:confused: but the petwer is nice.

So many of the BM bags are too big for me and I don't really need any more of the Crossbody style although some do look rather nice! I've just had a look on the TKMaxx site and if anyone's interested they have the Olympia available in three colours - Blue is £39.00, Pink is £49.99 and the Gold/Mustard is £64.00.

P.S. Pleased to hear that you've resisted so far Nessa...........:wink:

Getting away from yet more politics and back to the actual bag.............hope it isn't the one you think Perdy as it looks too big yet again. Why do the buyers think that we all need such huge bags to carry around our day-to-day items?

But BusyLizzie, don't you understand that everyone carries "their lives around in their handbags", there has to be room for their designer netbook, a large bottle of water, a pair of flat shoes. Honestly...........

Joking apart, I try to carry as little as humanly possible because frankly, I don't go that bliddy far. For me lightness is the key, I have to lug my lap-top to work every day so if my handbag were full and heavy to start with, it would be a nightmare.

Mind you, I would really like a new handbag and one of the "Hot Picks" is calling my name..........

I've been looking at this bag since it was a TSV last June and it has been in and out of my basket a dozen times or more!! Indecisive? Moi? You betcha!!
Now there are so many more colours, it's even more difficult......

Me too, I really want it but I can't afford it AND I can't decide on the colour. Love the red, both the blues and the apricot........and the green..........

The more I watch,the more I like it - the tan is nice too!!

I'm determined not to buy though - I really would not spend that kind of money on a handbag.

soft or thin...

i agree with rainbow dottie the pewter is really nice but the lining is so not on trend (well not in a niceway)

what makes me laugh is when presenters say the leather is soft and glove like i want the leather on my bags to be much more sustantial than glove leather.

soft on qvc tems usaully means light weight and flimsy quality leather bags skins are usually quite thick and i noticed on all qvc bags that the bags are flat they should have some body to them more structure...

will wait for the sales!:thinking:

Well, I think this TSV has been a flop as none of the colours appear to be on waitlist on the website. Think the buyers need to listen to the 'wants' of a lot of the customers and that is..........we don't always want such a big bag!!!

One thing that always puts me off this range of bags is the animal print lining.. Out of all the beautiful linings a bag could have, they have this one.. Its horrible imo & makes an expensive bag look cheap (which it most certainly isn't) :thinking:

I'm not keen on the B Makowsky brand and have heard quite negative things about his bags from people who have purchased them. I agree about the lining too, it's horrible and makes the bag look cheap.

Well, I love them! I would prefer a plain lining, some of the new bags have a pistachio coloured lining which I think is lovely but probably won't go with all the external colours. Brands such as Lulu Guinness and Radley tend to go for smart, often quirky linings that really jazz up the bags. Lighter colours also make it easy to find things inside... :mysmilie_59:

As for the quality of BM. I have several *cough* bags including Mulberry, Lulu Guinness, Radley and The Bridge and would have to say that BM holds it's own. The glove leather is very soft but not thin and cheap and the bags are slouchy and comfortable. Not for everyone of course but if you like that style they're definitely worth a punt. I don't spend money on clothes but get heaps of pleasure from my bags, each to their own I guess... :mysmilie_499:

I reckon they made a boo-boo with the TSV too. It was an opportunity to showcase a medium sized bag in bright Summer colours that would tempt folks to buy as a holiday treat. The TSV colours were dull and uninspiring, the straps too short and the bag just too big. Did I buy one? Course I bluddy did... at 2355 I went for the tan... after all I do have the 30 day money back guarantee to fall back on... :mysmilie_507:

Did I buy one? Course I bluddy did... at 2355 I went for the tan... after all I do have the 30 day money back guarantee to fall back on... :mysmilie_507:

How did I know you would buy one, Nessie? :cheeky:

I, yet again, had last year's TSV in and out my basket - this time in "Basil". In the end I didn't buy it.

I agree that they are lovely bags though. I'm using my BM Victoria in "Denim" today! :nod:

I'm a real stick in the mud where handbags are concerned.

Brass/gold coloured fittings, I hate zips (okay if not seen), wide bottom.

I did buy a Tig, the little squary one but ended up giving it to daughter unused as I couldn't live with the silver hardware, stupid I know but there you go.

I, yet again, had last year's TSV in and out my basket - this time in "Basil". In the end I didn't buy it.

I love that bag too Perdy but would prefer it to be just a bit smaller. The Denim was gorgeous though but I resisted and didn't buy any - unlike certain members who shall remain nameless....................:wink:

Latest posts

Back