OK come on then... own up...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

what are the colour matches that people have been pleased with? I have mid to dark brown hair and am now quite tempted by the scrunchie. Have often toyed with the idea of a hair piece and having read the comments about hat wearing (I like hats and can carry them off) am getting more intersted in the idea of bits for my hair. My own hair is fine but plentiful. does not hold a style well , has, a slight wave, can go a bit frizzy and wispy and I HATE it!! I do get compliments on the colour tho, I don't colour it and people think I do, maybe that is not a compliment now I have thought about it!

Last edited:
I'm hoping the colour match is good as I'm a natural redhead and stopped dying it a year ago. I've gone for the red and blonde and am hopings it works.

Easy

Well I'll own up to just ordering the scrunchie and the bangs! My hair needs lots of work on it to look anything like, so hopefully this will save time on those bad hair days.

I dont mind hair pieces at all, I have a variety of pieces and wigs that I wear to the goth weekends and they look fab and realistic.

Also I have to defend women who need to wear wigs. When my mum lost her hair with chemo she was devestated, she had glorious hair. She did get a wig via the NHS, but didnt ever wear it as she felt it looked like a wig (it didnt it looked very natural), so she just wore scarves. She did feel that the issue with scarves is that if you dont have a fringe or some hair in a pony tail etc.. just showing under the scarf, then everyone knows you are wearing it because you have cancer and no hair. I did end up making a fringe and attaching it to a soft headband which she wore under her scarf and liked very much.

Please before folk make too much of a joke about wigs, spare a thought for those in less fortunate positions.

Hi, how do you attach it it with a chopstick please, although I'll have to wait a while to try it out, just ordered it on advance orders only.

Hi :wave:,
I tie my hair in a pony tail with a narrow band, as high up as I can. It goes round 3 times and on the last twist I catch the bottom of the pony tail into a sort of loop. I push a chopstick through the centre on a diagonal. I loop one end of the scrunchy round one end of the chopstick, twist the scrunchy and loop the other end around the other end of the chopstick in a figure of eight.
I tried just twisting the scrunchy round my pony tail, but it didn't feel very secure. I used to use a chopstick to attach my hot hair bits from Ideal World and so I just did the same with the Ken Paves scrunchy and it was much better.
Any chopstick will do - I have several colours so I can match them to my outfit!
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

I went for the scrunchie too. I have three hot hair ones which are fab - on work days I get an extra 40 mins in bed when I wear these to work as my hair only takes 10 mins to do using these :clock: YAY hoping this one is as good too. I also have a clip on pony tail which is actually shorter than my hair on the same premise that it would be quicker than faffing about with my own - my hair is too long and too thick to wear it as when I tie my own hair up it's as stumpy as a shire horses tail.... not a good look :bandit:

I ordered one.:nod::blush:

Oh, dear!!!:sad:

I was thinking of buying the scrunchie, but then I gave myself a mental slap. I've got enough hair to accomodate three heads. What do I need an extra little piece of hair for? That proves how easy it is for people to get sucked into a sales pitch.

Oh, dear!!!:sad:

I was thinking of buying the scrunchie, but then I gave myself a mental slap. I've got enough hair to accomodate three heads. What do I need an extra little piece of hair for? That proves how easy it is for people to get sucked into a sales pitch.

I though that BakerGirl would find out first about this but I see you have WS.
I haven't watched any QVC today but have been on the internet. I was trying to avoid Eb@y. I went through the product list and saw all the reviews for the scrunchie and thought why not? It's on waitlist so I won't have it for my hols but I'll give it a go. My hair is fine and curly and a bit of a bob so it may work.

I though that BakerGirl would find out first about this but I see you have WS.
I haven't watched any QVC today but have been on the internet. I was trying to avoid Eb@y. I went through the product list and saw all the reviews for the scrunchie and thought why not? It's on waitlist so I won't have it for my hols but I'll give it a go. My hair is fine and curly and a bit of a bob so it may work.

You know what is the appropriate next 'step' for you, don't you?:giggle:

Hi :wave:,
I tie my hair in a pony tail with a narrow band, as high up as I can. It goes round 3 times and on the last twist I catch the bottom of the pony tail into a sort of loop. I push a chopstick through the centre on a diagonal. I loop one end of the scrunchy round one end of the chopstick, twist the scrunchy and loop the other end around the other end of the chopstick in a figure of eight.
I tried just twisting the scrunchy round my pony tail, but it didn't feel very secure. I used to use a chopstick to attach my hot hair bits from Ideal World and so I just did the same with the Ken Paves scrunchy and it was much better.
Any chopstick will do - I have several colours so I can match them to my outfit!
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Thanks, I think I follow you, when it comes (on advance orders) I'll give it a whirl and let you know. I have tons of chopsticks, no idea why as I cannot use them! :grin:

I ordered one.:nod::blush:

:mysmilie_514:

The fringe came today and the colour match is perfect, when I saw it in the packet I thought that there was way too much blonde in, but once in its perfect, so dont be put off by the packet. If I had seen the packet first I would never have bought it as I would have been sure it wouldn't match.

I love the fringe, looks natural, my only gripe being that I wish it had more hair and was thicker, its quite a wispy fringe.

Cant wait for the scrunchie to come now that I know the colour will perfect.

Latest posts

Back