Maricota Amblygonite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I noticed quite a few Maricota Amblygonite items in Supercoolwillow's New Items thread. I've never heard of this but it looks pretty. Does anyone have any and if so what's it like please?

I noticed quite a few Maricota Amblygonite items in Supercoolwillow's New Items thread. I've never heard of this but it looks pretty. Does anyone have any and if so what's it like please?

and how do you pronounce it??;)

and how do you pronounce it??;)

It's pronounced am-blig-o-night and it's very pretty and sparkly. I have a piece that I aherm :eek: bought from another channel a while ago so I'll be interested to see what the gems stuff is like and how much it goes for. 5.5 -6 on the mohs scale so not an everyday piece.

"Marrycotter" Amblygonite

I think that it's a name that GemsTV have given to this type of Amblygonite - maybe because it's mined in Maricota, Brazil - but that's purely a guess. I've seen Amblygonite mentioned along with Montebrasite but have never seen it called Maricota before so can't help - soz!

Interesting facts:

1. It's only 5 on the MOHS scale so be careful!
2. Amblygonite was first originally found in the UK in the early 1800s and then later discovered in Brazil, Australia, France, Spain, Germany, California etc

Does anyone have some links/numbers that I can look at to see what it's like? It sounds like the heroine of a romance novel, or the rather naughty girl from a Bond film :)

Oh - just read the posts properly - I can look at it on Supercoolwillow's list.

2 minutes later - it looks very pretty. From the pics it looks as though it ranges from quite a bright to quite a soft green - is that right, or is it just Gems' photos?

Last edited:
2 minutes later - it looks very pretty. From the pics it looks as though it ranges from quite a bright to quite a soft green - is that right, or is it just Gems' photos?

I've had a quick look on the web and it seems to vary between a very pale yellow and a soft 'new leaf' green (if that makes sense!). The one I have is the greener shade and I'm very pleased with it. I wouldn't mind another piece if the price was right. ;)

I like the analogy with the name....:D

I have a loose stone which is emerald cut. it's very refractive and a dreamy pale colour which is almost cream at times.

not seen this stone mounted in jewellery before. would love to see the mystified look of anyone asking what it is!

Attachments

• amblygonite 1.39ct - bernieg.jpg
    amblygonite 1.39ct - bernieg.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 312

Latest posts

Back