Rhapsody Paraiba Tourmaline

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemlover1

Registered Shopper
RHAPSODY 950 W Platinum Mozambique Paraiba Tourmaline and Diamond Pendant With Chain 4.20 Ct.
Item Code:717586 Quantity 1 Price: £2789.95

Hi everyone
ordered this paraiba and am rubbish with IT skills so cudnt paste pic. Does anyone hav any experience on buying paraibas from TJC? Color looked nice blue on TV.
Was live last Sunday.
Also bought pink saphire. Looks gorgeous. Pls comment on what u all think, big apologies for my poor computer skills.
Image ItemDescription Quantity Price(£)
RHAPSODY 950 Platinum Madagascar Pink Sapphire and Diamond Ring 3.75 Ct.

1 2389.95

I saw both on air and I'm going to be honest because you're spending a lot of money.

The PT pendant was very pretty but not the highly desired neon colour. Also, (and you can probably see this from the photo) it suffered from lack of saturation in the middle of the gem and a bowtie. Either end of the pear shape had a nice colour but the central point was a muted almost colourless grey. You'll see this more in some lights than others. From a price point, it's expensive even allowing for the fact that it's a Rhapsody. However, factor in that it's incredibly difficult to source PT now (especially ones of that size) and what you're paying for here is rarity. If I were you, I'd reserve judgement until you've assessed it in all lighting conditions and lived with it for a week or two. It's a lot of money so you must be happy that YOU love it.

The pink sapphire ring was very very very pretty. The colour was verging on a purple/pink which is my favourite colour and the diamonds looked excellent. I can't remember the price so can't comment on whether it's good value or not but it certainly was an impressive piece. One thing I would urge you to do is get written confirmation that the gem is either (a) natural and untreated or (b) natural and heated or (c) heated and treated. If it's (a) or (b) then it's worth money, if it's (c) then take the sapphire out of the equation and just base the selling price on the diamonds and gold because a treated sapphire can be picked up very cheaply. Please also don't be fobbed off by TJC. I've had a running query with them about treatments to their sapphires - their Warehouse(?) Manager actually phoned me to discuss the situation and tell me what he'd been told by his buyers BUT what he'd been told didn't stack up sooooooooo, make sure you get it in writing ESPECIALLY if the piece is over £500.

Just as an aside, they had a beautiful purple sapphire ring during the same show and I had itchy trigger finger but refrained until I have their answer on treatments to their sapphires :(

Hope that helps.

I saw the purple sapphire as well it was one of the nicest rings i have ever seen and if i had the money i would have bought it in a flash lol (i wish)

One thing I would urge you to do is get written confirmation that the gem is either (a) natural and untreated or (b) natural and heated or (c) heated and treated. If it's (a) or (b) then it's worth money, if it's (c) then take the sapphire out of the equation and just base the selling price on the diamonds and gold because a treated sapphire can be picked up very cheaply. Please also don't be fobbed off by TJC. I've had a running query with them about treatments to their sapphires - their Warehouse(?) Manager actually phoned me to discuss the situation and tell me what he'd been told by his buyers BUT what he'd been told didn't stack up sooooooooo, make sure you get it in writing ESPECIALLY if the piece is over £500.

Hope that helps.
Great advice as always Meesh. I have to say though that TJC aren't very forthcoming with their treatment info unless pushed to the limit. They were very eager to crow about their diamonds not being coated when the furore with GEMSTV was going on, but other than that they do not volunteer information. It's interesting that you have posted this query about their sapphires because I assumed they were just heated but now you've got me wondering. :wonder: I also bought a Rhapsody sapphire & diamond cluster back in January https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=655688 nowhere near as big or expensive as Gemlover's but I'm now going to email TJC and request clarification as to its
treatment(s). However, I still haven't received any response from Miles regarding my recent emerald ring and I'm getting a tad impatient...:mysmilie_10:
Gemlover, sorry to go off at a tangent, I didn't see either of your items but the PT does look very windowed although we all know the web pics are crap, so I hope it's better saturated irl. The sapphire ring looks lush and if it's anything like mine colourwise (only much larger) then hopefully it will be spectacular and Iliana diamonds are fab anyway. You have paid a lot of money for your pieces so make sure you are 110% happy with them before you commit to keeping them. I love my rings but I won't if they turn out to be treated up to the hilt and 30 day mbg still in force or not they will go back.

Great advice as always Meesh. I have to say though that TJC aren't very forthcoming with their treatment info unless pushed to the limit. They were very eager to crow about their diamonds not being coated when the furore with GEMSTV was going on, but other than that they do not volunteer information. It's interesting that you have posted this query about their sapphires because I assumed they were just heated but now you've got me wondering. :wonder: I also bought a Rhapsody sapphire & diamond cluster back in January https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=655688 nowhere near as big or expensive as Gemlover's but I'm now going to email TJC and request clarification as to its
treatment(s). However, I still haven't received any response from Miles regarding my recent emerald ring and I'm getting a tad impatient...:mysmilie_10:
Gemlover, sorry to go off at a tangent, I didn't see either of your items but the PT does look very windowed although we all know the web pics are crap, so I hope it's better saturated irl. The sapphire ring looks lush and if it's anything like mine colourwise (only much larger) then hopefully it will be spectacular and Iliana diamonds are fab anyway. You have paid a lot of money for your pieces so make sure you are 110% happy with them before you commit to keeping them. I love my rings but I won't if they turn out to be treated up to the hilt and 30 day mbg still in force or not they will go back.

OMG Sue i drove the personal shoppers and Miles mad after i missed out on that exact ring! i remember it well 10pm with Ian Gardner you whipped it away before the price crashed and i was just dialing lol
I must be quicker on the phone lol i did buy 3 Rhapsody sapphires after i missed out on that one and they ALL had to go back with big windows and i never did get one :(

Sorry hon. :blush: It is a beautiful stone, a deep cerise pink with no window and as long as it's heated only I am very happy with it. I still haven't worn it though (as usual) so when I want to sell I will give you first option. :wink:

Sorry hon. :blush: It is a beautiful stone, a deep cerise pink with no window and as long as it's heated only I am very happy with it. I still haven't worn it though (as usual) so when I want to sell I will give you first option. :wink:

I'll hold you to that :handshake: x

Well I have since bought another sapphire so it may be quicker than you think lol....

I have a large 5.56ct Zultanite round chequerboard cut ring hon but it's in 18K y/g. :sad:

Hello Gemlover, I saw that sapphire ring, the colour was amazing, really like the setting.

I have a more contemporary piece, slightly larger sapphire, not as dark as yours and PPC's and considerably less money, I wear it as often as I can.

I think you will be bowled over when it arrives, please let us know:wave:

GC - give me 5 mins and then look at my photo album. ;)

Thanks a million all of you been very busy all eve just got back. Special thanks to Meesho for such an honest opinion, who wud advice you that way. Also thanks to Sue, Gemcherub who kindly got the links, pinksaphire and all. Meesho the pink saphire Rhapsody is 3.75 cts TGW and it's £2389. I received it and it's simply stunning, very true its more purple pink. Is it too expensive for £2389? Will ask Tjc regarding treatments.
Am a medical professional I read about gems but I learnt more from you all than from Internet.
Does Tjc normally sell paraibas for better price? Will let u know when it arrives.
Thanks again

Hi gemlover1, i'm no expert but considering you have 1.25ct of VS colour F diamonds and 4.4grms of platinum and a 2.5ct Sapphire i don't think it is too expensive and if you feel its simply stunning then at the end of the day thats all that matters x

Oh crikey I disagree - sorry. I think it's VERY expensive, especially as you don't know what treatments have been applied AND it's not certified. As GC has said, a lot of the cost is in the setting and the diamonds but I would hesitate to pay that much. If I were to pay that, I'd want a certified stone.

At the end of the day however I appreciate that I'm not the normal jewellery buying consumer. I'm a gemstone snob / anorak and what I wouldn't accept, others would happily, so my answer is purely from my own perspective. What I would say is "do YOU think it's a fair price?" If you do, then there's your answer! I have a feeling you're going to love it anyway. The colour looks gorgeous and the diamonds WILL be stunning (TJC do have very very very nice settings - far outstripping the competition by miles).

You will post pictures when you get them won't you? I'd love to know how you feel when you open the boxes!

Oh crikey I disagree - sorry. I think it's VERY expensive, especially as you don't know what treatments have been applied AND it's not certified. As GC has said, a lot of the cost is in the setting and the diamonds but I would hesitate to pay that much. If I were to pay that, I'd want a certified stone.

At the end of the day however I appreciate that I'm not the normal jewellery buying consumer. I'm a gemstone snob / anorak and what I wouldn't accept, others would happily, so my answer is purely from my own perspective. What I would say is "do YOU think it's a fair price?" If you do, then there's your answer! I have a feeling you're going to love it anyway. The colour looks gorgeous and the diamonds WILL be stunning (TJC do have very very very nice settings - far outstripping the competition by miles).

You will post pictures when you get them won't you? I'd love to know how you feel when you open the boxes!
Thanks again Meesho. When I opened the box pink saphire ring looked stunning esp the diamonds so sparkly and Saphire is beautiful pink. I was called from TJC at 5 pm regarding treatment. Was told by a gentleman that saphire was heated and all gems unless stated natural undergo treatment. So it's treated. More to add I took it the local jeweller fairly experienced diamond jeweller he said diamonds are about G in color and SI in clarity. He is the same one who graded some iliana as VS in the past. I bought 3 diamondnecklaces from him and he is very reliable.
Ambit of a perfectionist in my own territory I don't like highly treated stones everytime I look at it I think it's all unnatural.
U helped me to come to a final decision, it's going tomoro,
Paraiba Tourmaline might arrive tomoro it's been shipped.
Will let u all know
thanks everyone
also local jeweller said saphire was very slightly chipped may be true or may be not.

Hi Gemlover, I've been following your thread with interest and hearing about your two Rhapsody pieces. And its now taken a new twist with your local jeweller saying the diamonds in the Sapphire ring being of SI quality and G colour, when they should be (and what you have paid for) the superior VS grade etc as Gemcherub said earlier.

I think we all agree that the design is very beautiful, but if the colour seems too saturated to be true, then I suppose it could leave an uncomfortable feeling that its been treated to the max! There are so many treatments ( and some rather dubious) these days that we become a bit sceptical about what we are really buying. But the day I see a blue Garnet on general sale, I'll know summat really dodgy's been going on! :eek:

Latest posts

Back