"Lifetime" Price Promise

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have not so far had a problem with price pledge despite seeing a different size ring on auction for cheaper - CS are also extremely good at finding the price pledge and checking if I have already claimed it which sometimes I have. Steve if you are reading this - yes the new auction requests are good but how do we know what they are going to fall to - and apparently we can only ever request an item once - well if it goes to a price we dont want to pay until the end of the month - whats the point of that? also the falling auctions appear to be a really unrealistic high price falling to somewhere between CR prices we are used to or higher - so its not really an auction as when presented which is probably good because I would spend too much - its more a lengthy 4 minute way to find out the item is CR price - pleas correct me someone if I am wrong.

I have only one bought one item so far, Rocchic. I had seen a 9K YG ring on the old CR site I liked but had never seen it auctioned so was pleased to see it come up in a falling auction. The original price on CR was £69 and I got it for £34. :happy:

I have 'tested' it with pieces I've bought previously in TV auctions :cheeky: and the prices were less than they were on CR but more than I paid.

Hi Fluff
Thanks for the info - I have seen some 'bargains' but right at the start and they seem few and far between. Yes some are between auction price and CR price - my point tho is that if it was a real 'request' auction like on the presentation table - it would fall to a real auction price. They dont do request hours now so I suppose its buy it or dont buy it - depending how much you want it.

Must admit I got some fantastic gram weight 14k gold with good stones during clearance. On the auto auction I did get a lapis ring for £12 which was cheaper than auction and a mother of pearl pendant about auction price - you have to sit there tho and watch an awful long time !! Seeing some real old rocks stock and that has been a lot higher - but is on presented auction too. Maybe new stuff might do the odd loss leader. I have been lucky despite the winging rofl - hve had some very low priced items.
Truble is refund issue and no chat - not a lot to induce watching ! lol

these are the same earrings (but in white gold) that I mentioned in my earlier post when I was told they were a different item from the one I had and therefore could not claim the PP.

And again I have just seen a ring I bought last year sell for a "Whoaa, what a clearance bargain....gone!!" price.

Out of interest, I checked the item number on air with the item number of the ring I bought. Totally different numbers of course despite the rings being the exact same from what I could see. Thankfully I won't have to phone up and have the pleasure of being told I can't have a price pledge though as the ring I bought cost less than the clearance price. :cheeky:

I must give some credit where it is due (pun sorry) I spent a great deal of time on the phone and on the email making sure my £24 credit would be applied to my last (and it is my last) order. Did you know that if you have a credit applied to your order and you subsequently ask for an item to be removed from your checked out order, your credit bounces back to your basket and you have to contact CS and get them to apply it - again. Well as usual I found this out purely by accident, and after a lot of conversation I was assured my credit was on my order. You've guessed it - when the order arrived not only was the stunning labradorite original old rocks original ring I had 'won' in the auction and been assured was in stock 'not in stock because we cant find it in the warehouse' but my credit was not on my order.

I phoned Rocks and by this Friday my 'credit' was sitting in my account as a refund on my card.

Other loss leaders of old rocks originals at extremely low prices have also 'not been found in our warehouse' so I stopped bothering to bid on them to save disappointment.

I was disappointed though about that labradorite ring had been after it for two years and told it was sold out - why on earth was it in the falling auction?

I must give some credit where it is due (pun sorry) I spent a great deal of time on the phone and on the email making sure my £24 credit would be applied to my last (and it is my last) order. Did you know that if you have a credit applied to your order and you subsequently ask for an item to be removed from your checked out order, your credit bounces back to your basket and you have to contact CS and get them to apply it - again. Well as usual I found this out purely by accident, and after a lot of conversation I was assured my credit was on my order. You've guessed it - when the order arrived not only was the stunning labradorite original old rocks original ring I had 'won' in the auction and been assured was in stock 'not in stock because we cant find it in the warehouse' but my credit was not on my order.

I phoned Rocks and by this Friday my 'credit' was sitting in my account as a refund on my card.

Other loss leaders of old rocks originals at extremely low prices have also 'not been found in our warehouse' so I stopped bothering to bid on them to save disappointment.

I was disappointed though about that labradorite ring had been after it for two years and told it was sold out - why on earth was it in the falling auction?

I was disappointed too. About the only thing I can recall really being disappointed about not getting in the old days was a spinel silver bracelet. Saw it on the website in the early days but never saw it auctioned and it was gone in a few days.

I was surprised and delighted to see it on the CR auctions, assumed someone had been clearing out the vault and found some old stock items in a dark corner and I managed to get it for a very reasonable price.

So disappointed when my order arrived and included was a letter saying the item couldn't be found in the warehouse.

On the plus side an order I checked out last weekend was delivered on Tuesday, back to the old delivery timescale, I hope it continues.

Last night a ring I have was auctioned for a pound less than I paid for it; I checked my account and order history, and was surprised to find that the ring had a different item number. I contacted CS by email, and have had a reply saying that it is the same item and that a manager will need to action the price pledge. Tonight I've seen another ring I have go higher, so obviously no worries about a pp, but once again, it is a different item number, but exact same ring. Seems to be happening rather a lot...

Last night a ring I have was auctioned for a pound less than I paid for it; I checked my account and order history, and was surprised to find that the ring had a different item number. I contacted CS by email, and have had a reply saying that it is the same item and that a manager will need to action the price pledge. Tonight I've seen another ring I have go higher, so obviously no worries about a pp, but once again, it is a different item number, but exact same ring. Seems to be happening rather a lot...

There are some rings which come in the different sizes which have different items numbers but are all the same ring and they do PP for that but it has to be done manually by the manager, have had a few of these cases myself.

There are some rings which come in the different sizes which have different items numbers but are all the same ring and they do PP for that but it has to be done manually by the manager, have had a few of these cases myself.

That's what I thought it was at first, Sazza, but they were the same sizes, and that's what baffled me. The CS person who emailed me said that she didn't know how it had happened, but would inform the necessary peeps. Most odd.

That's what I thought it was at first, Sazza, but they were the same sizes, and that's what baffled me. The CS person who emailed me said that she didn't know how it had happened, but would inform the necessary peeps. Most odd.

Another oddity to add to the list of recent ones eh?

Latest posts

Back