Smashbox tsv on sunday the 28th of september

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hey I am Fair. My next appearance is on Most Haunted Live.:D
;)

Likewise. Isn't it fun buying fair, porcelain, alabaster, zombie, cold as the grave etc?
Still we are rare, aren't we? We must represent about 0.1 percent of the planet's population. And let's be honest, you can fake tan, but fair skin? Not unless you want to resemble Morticia Adams!

i have not really used smashbox before but i am really tempted by this...would love to try halo and looks like i might get a chance now!

Likewise. Isn't it fun buying fair, porcelain, alabaster, zombie, cold as the grave etc?
Still we are rare, aren't we? We must represent about 0.1 percent of the planet's population. And let's be honest, you can fake tan, but fair skin? Not unless you want to resemble Morticia Adams!

You forgot milk bottle :D

It has its drawbacks but there is one advantage - at least we always know which shade to order - the lightest one possible!! lol

I have the Halo light - and I've ordered another from OBE. I really like it.
I also wear BE medium beige - sometimes light in the winter.
Can anyone tell me how fair is the Halo fair? Are we talking a very ashy type fair or a yellow fair?

Thank you!

Can anyone tell me how fair is the Halo fair? Are we talking a very ashy type fair or a yellow fair?

Thank you!

I find that it's quite a neutral fair, not pinky or yellow. I think if you're using medium beige and light BE then halo fair will be too white for you. BE light looks very yellow and obvious on me, and I could probably use medium beige as a bronzer, lol!!!

I find that it's quite a neutral fair, not pinky or yellow. I think if you're using medium beige and light BE then halo fair will be too white for you. BE light looks very yellow and obvious on me, and I could probably use medium beige as a bronzer, lol!!!

Thanks Philosophy girl! Lokks like I stick to the light. :)

Hoping someone can enlighten me here.....

Was talking to my mum the other day about highlighters for the eyes:

I've seen Mally demo hers and was really interested but it sold out at the time
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.225595/walk.yah.UKHB-U073
and I've also eyed up the benefit one thats in this set
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.224606/walk.yah.UKHB-U073

Then I just looked up the probable smashbox tsv listed here and I saw the light cast detail highlighter listed, a little further research bought up
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/walk.yah.6285~7526

Are these the same product? Because the one listed singly looks ideal.......
I don't understand why I can't find them on the smashbox website.

Any ideas.....

I didn't realise smashbox was so hard to get hold of until I started reading through all the threads trying to find out!!!!

I bought a TSV a few years back but it seemed to react to my skin (I was pregnant then) so haven't really watched the shows in between. When I tried it again recently however its been fine and now I'm using it loads.

Last edited:

Thank you!

I used to wear BE Fairly Light (or light in the summer) and Halo Light was too dark on me. Think I will need the Fair option!

Any ideas folks? I am really torn between trying Smashbox out via QVC and using the 30day MBG or waiting until I go to the States in October to purchase items I will use rather than stockpiling from a kit. Have priced Smashbox up from Sephora website and it doesn't seem to be much cheaper than QVC.

Any ideas folks? I am really torn between trying Smashbox out via QVC and using the 30day MBG or waiting until I go to the States in October to purchase items I will use rather than stockpiling from a kit. Have priced Smashbox up from Sephora website and it doesn't seem to be much cheaper than QVC.

Smashbox are one of the few US brands that we get a fair price for on QVC.

Probably because they aren't also in "high-end " shops that insist on them not giving too much discount to QVC customers.

( I call that the Harvey Nichols Space NK effect )

Usually the TSV price is particularly good and might even be cheaper than buying just a few items individually from Sephora. I say buy it here and make use of the MBG ,though Sephora shops are very good at refunding items you aren't happy with you might be back from hols an unable to benefit from that.

Failing that just buy from both !!;)

What is Sephora?

A big beauty store owned by LVMH with brands all over a America and Europe.

By the way do you actually know Halo with a kabuki brush costs £45 to buy?
It is in House of Fraser Belfast and on special at £36 at the moment. So the QVC price is excellent in the TSV.

From next year Smashbox will be in department stores in mainland UK.

Smashbox are one of the few US brands that we get a fair price for on QVC.

Probably because they aren't also in "high-end " shops that insist on them not giving too much discount to QVC customers.

( I call that the Harvey Nichols Space NK effect )

Usually the TSV price is particularly good and might even be cheaper than buying just a few items individually from Sephora. I say buy it here and make use of the MBG ,though Sephora shops are very good at refunding items you aren't happy with you might be back from hols an unable to benefit from that.

Failing that just buy from both !!;)

Thanks for that. Will wait and see what's in the TSV I think. VAlx

Latest posts

Back