Mike Smith thread?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I cant help but think the point is being missed here. What i didn't like was the fact that he made a girl feel really uncomfortable by his actions. i don't think it really mattered who did it, or how funny they are. thats not the issue. it's about behaviour and how that behaviour effects others. Mikes behaviour (like him or hate him) caused someone else to feel really embarrassed and uncomfortable. i don't give two figs about Mike Smith or how 'FUNNY' he is, but i do care about the poor love who was on the receiving end of his bigoted actions.

If Andy Gray had gone to the lengths of looking up the skirt of that female presenter how much worse would we consider his actions? If Richard Keys had made her look and feel as uncomfortable as Mike made Lucinda would the axe have fallen more rapidly?

I think Mike is very lucky he did what he did before all this sky sports controversy. if it had of come after i fear the media could have had a field day with it. in my opinion. having watched both. i feel what Mike did was significantly worse.

I have worked in a male dominated industry almost all my life. i find it really sad to hear people saying something isn't 'sexist' because the person who said it is "FUNNY". how ridiculous! As a women i can tell you it WAS sexist. it WAS offensive and he DID make her feel visibly uncomfortable.

I you find that 'FUNNY' you have a very strange and unpleasant sense of humour!

Rant over

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one, if I believed for one second that Mike was doing what you say like you I would find it totally disgusting. I don't believe the assistant felt uncomfortable in any way and it was just the fact that he was on floor level with the boots and the assistant was standing that IMO and it is only my opinion made some people think that Mike had done something wrong.

I am only posting again as I don't find sexism at all funny, I am glad Gray and Keys were sacked.

I cant help but think the point is being missed here. What i didn't like was the fact that he made a girl feel really uncomfortable by his actions. i don't think it really mattered who did it, or how funny they are. thats not the issue. it's about behaviour and how that behaviour effects others. Mikes behaviour (like him or hate him) caused someone else to feel really embarrassed and uncomfortable. i don't give two figs about Mike Smith or how 'FUNNY' he is, but i do care about the poor love who was on the receiving end of his bigoted actions.

If Andy Gray had gone to the lengths of looking up the skirt of that female presenter how much worse would we consider his actions? If Richard Keys had made her look and feel as uncomfortable as Mike made Lucinda would the axe have fallen more rapidly?

I think Mike is very lucky he did what he did before all this sky sports controversy. if it had of come after i fear the media could have had a field day with it. in my opinion. having watched both. i feel what Mike did was significantly worse.

I have worked in a male dominated industry almost all my life. i find it really sad to hear people saying something isn't 'sexist' because the person who said it is "FUNNY". how ridiculous! As a women i can tell you it WAS sexist. it WAS offensive and he DID make her feel visibly uncomfortable.

I you find that 'FUNNY' you have a very strange and unpleasant sense of humour!

Rant over

As much as I love Mike I have to agree that what he did was wrong. I am sure he had no intent on offending her but that is no excuse. If I tell a rude joke it is obvious I don't find it offensive else I wouldn't say it but if I offended someone else it would be my fault.

Hope that makes sense.

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different topic all together but I'm finding the "tweets" posted on twitter by Mark Ryes more offensive this one for example "Jeez... Nicki Chapman is a terrible TV presenter. An OK music agent/producer but a TERRIBLE TV presenter with a speech impediment #bbc" What makes this jumped up little p***k think he is invincible that he has to post bile about other people.. I never saw the incident with Mike but I would rather have Mike over Mark Ryes anyday....

I don't mind mark Rice. At least he doesn't shout all the time. I know that's not a great reason to like some one. But I find the ability to watch with the sound on a very rare treat!

Different topic all together but I'm finding the "tweets" posted on twitter by Mark Ryes more offensive this one for example "Jeez... Nicki Chapman is a terrible TV presenter. An OK music agent/producer but a TERRIBLE TV presenter with a speech impediment #bbc" What makes this jumped up little p***k think he is invincible that he has to post bile about other people.. I never saw the incident with Mike but I would rather have Mike over Mark Ryes anyday....

He is one of the worst presenters they have apart from James Russell.

I remember a few years ago we had lots of threads praising Mark Ryes, turns out the big fan was MARK RYES!

I remember a few years ago we had lots of threads praising Mark Ryes, turns out the big fan was MARK RYES!

Repremand me if you want Graham but the pocket-sized tosser made me cry this morning when I read that tweet of his , I like Nicki speak with a lisp so does that mean I too have a "Speech impediment". Come and answer that Ryes before you hit the lock button on your Twitter account and hide behind your account for 9 months you f****** coward ..

Thank god you are just a shopping telly presenter because if you were a well known name like Andy Gray & Richard Keys and the press got wind of that tweet about poor Nicki the press would have a field day with you.....

Repremand me if you want Graham but the pocket-sized tosser made me cry this morning when I read that tweet of his , I like Nicki speak with a lisp so does that mean I too have a "Speech impediment". Come and answer that Ryes before you hit the lock button on your Twitter account and hide behind your account for 9 months you f****** coward ..

Thank god you are just a shopping telly presenter because if you were a well known name like Andy Gray & Richard Keys and the press got wind of that tweet about poor Nicki the press would have a field day with you.....

No reprimand needed, Mark Ryes is a pocket size idiot, In My Opinion :)

What????? That's hilarious! Please PLEASE PLEEAASE tell me more

Latest posts

Back