Microplane foot file

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I bought this on the recommendation of many of you on this forum, and all I can say is..........WOW!!!!

Never knew I had that much parmesan cheese on my feet. Enough for the whole family's spag bol. :D And so easy to get off. I went a bit mad, forced myself to stop before I reached bone!

I've got a pedicure booked for Thursday and I was dreading it - I know it sounds silly but I did not want to go with crusty feet. Now I will be able to sit back and enjoy it, without feeling embarrassed.

So - to all who recommended it, I thank you.;)

Linda

Sound good - I'll see about getting this! (I have an old foot file kicking about somewhere, but I don't think it is as good as this one!)

Good post goldie, having just had a look at the website you've linked to, I must say that the Ped Egg advertised is way cheaper than what it sells for on one of the Infomercials! (About £20 cheaper in fact!!!) I nearly bought one before I got my Microplane as it looked really nifty, so for that price, plus the FREE P&P, it's well worth trying out if anyone thinks the Microplane is a bit pricey and don't mind the 8 week delivery time!thumbs up

Good post goldie, having just had a look at the website you've linked to, I must say that the Ped Egg advertised is way cheaper than what it sells for on one of the Infomercials! (About £20 cheaper in fact!!!) I nearly bought one before I got my Microplane as it looked really nifty, so for that price, plus the FREE P&P, it's well worth trying out if anyone thinks the Microplane is a bit pricey and don't mind the 8 week delivery time!thumbs up

Thank you Sheila for steering me in the right direction:D I got one for £2.99 free p&p I wanted 2 but I got the last one:p I can't wait to try it.

I looked at it in woolworth other day and it looks very simular to my miroplane,, wish I had seen it first before buying one off ebay for £18 :rolleyes:

Thank you Sheila for steering me in the right direction:D I got one for £2.99 free p&p I wanted 2 but I got the last one:p I can't wait to try it.

woohoo.gif

Well done for finding it even cheaper than I could! I'm sure your feet will be most grateful (no pun intended!) and you'll soon become addicted! :D

Thanks for the link to the tvdeals site, goldie. The PedEgg is gets rave reviews on Essential Day Spa forum. (I'd love to buy one, but I don't really need it!). Cracking price.

Celluless is on there too, that looks good also, not sure how effective that is, though.

As a self-confessed foot-shredder-aholic, I've been using graters on my feet in one form or another for nearly 20 years!

I started off with the metal Scholl grater (bearing in mind, this was 20 years ago so the newer models may be a tad better). Progressed to a TBS "sandpaper on a stick" type of file (actually more effective than the Scholl). Then I found what I thought was a HG - a tool that sliced the skin off. Like a kind of wide cheese slicer. It came with replaceable blades that would take as much as a square inch slice of skin off my hard bits - bliss! Even the dog would be in heaven - he'd sit at my feet waiting for the slices to drop so he could hoover them up!!!!

After a few years of slicing then filing with the TBS file, I came across the Microplane in the US. I bought it there & then - it's been the best thing ever. A few quick swooshes every few weeks & my feet were sorted. I was considering buying a new one as at 4 years old, mine was getting blunt. (Worth a trip to the States, the prices they were asking here & the postage from the EU Microplane site were a joke.) Then I saw the TSV with a buffer at a really good price (for Rip-Off Britain!). Sorted.

Despite being a die-hard Microplane fan, I couldn't resist the lure of the PedEgg & have to be honest that for the price, it's an excellent little tool. I have really bad feet. They need filing at least once a fortnight, get so hard that I can't walk without serious pain & click like my dog's nails when I walk across a hard floor. I absolutely NEED a hardcore tool like the Microplane, but if you just have slightly hard or rough skin, the PedEgg will do for you.

Last edited:
I have the microplane and it's brill. Went into the Pound Emporium just round the corner from the QVC outlet in Birchwood Warrington and bought a Ped Egg for £2 - exactly the same as being sold in Boots for £10. :)
Have given it to my DD.

surely flyflots look better with cracked heels...:tassles:
Thanks for making me laugh so much Mrs J I nearly fell off my chair - I am unwell with no voice, not been around for a while and I've missed the banter.
Thanks again:1:

Last edited:
As a self-confessed foot-shredder-aholic, I've been using graters on my feet in one form or another for nearly 20 years!

I started off with the metal Scholl grater (bearing in mind, this was 20 years ago so the newer models may be a tad better). Progressed to a TBS "sandpaper on a stick" type of file (actually more effective than the Scholl). Then I found what I thought was a HG - a tool that sliced the skin off. Like a kind of wide cheese slicer. It came with replaceable blades that would take as much as a square inch slice of skin off my hard bits - bliss! Even the dog would be in heaven - he'd sit at my feet waiting for the slices to drop so he could hoover them up!!!!
After a few years of slicing then filing with the TBS file, I came across the Microplane in the US. I bought it there & then - it's been the best thing ever. A few quick swooshes every few weeks & my feet were sorted. I was considering buying a new one as at 4 years old, mine was getting blunt. (Worth a trip to the States, the prices they were asking here & the postage from the EU Microplane site were a joke.) Then I saw the TSV with a buffer at a really good price (for Rip-Off Britain!). Sorted.

Despite being a die-hard Microplane fan, I couldn't resist the lure of the PedEgg & have to be honest that for the price, it's an excellent little tool. I have really bad feet. They need filing at least once a fortnight, get so hard that I can't walk without serious pain & click like my dog's nails when I walk across a hard floor. I absolutely NEED a hardcore tool like the Microplane, but if you just have slightly hard or rough skin, the PedEgg will do for you.

Hahahahaha your poor dog must be p'd off you dont use the slicer anymore.

Latest posts

Back