Rising auctions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
I might be being very thick but I'm confused! I looked at the rising auctions for the first time today and read the instructions. So, every item starts at £3 and then you bid in increments of £2 - so £5, £7, £9 etc etc.

Questions:

1. Ok, so if somebody bids £20 on a £3 item do they have to pay £20 OR do they get it at £3 if nobody else bids?

2. If somebody has already put a bid on and the item is at £5 and you put a bid in of £20 then if you win, do you get it for £7 or £20?????

3. Also, why would somebody bid £850 on a yellow gold half carat emerald ring????? What's that about? Will they have to pay £850 if somebody else now puts in a bid for £848 OR does the £850 prevent anybody else from putting on a lower bid so they'll get it for £3 if nobody else bid before them? Does that make sense?

For a change Meeshoo I can answer your questions :giggle:

The amount what you bid is the amount you will end up paying if no one out bids you. So if you bid £10 on a starting point and no one bids you will pay £10.

I have seen peeps making error when they put their bids e.g £500 for a SS ring. Think they meant £5.00. I only put £3 or £5 without the decimal and 00.

TJC's Rising price auctions did start at £1 and you could add £1 at a time, but guess they lost out so now the starting bid is £5.

HTH xxxx

Thanks hun! The explanation on the website is a bit skant to say the least! What a shame that the auctions are now higher than they were.

Thanks for your help. Let's hope the person who bid £850 doesn't have to pay it!

Hi all, can someone explain to me about the rising auctions? I was just the high bidder in one and the only bidder in another and yet my account says I did not win the auctions. The site says no reserve price, when I placed my bid it said it was successful, no mention of reserve not met. So, why didn't I win?

Hi Concordia :wave: I think you probably got out bid in the last minute/seconds. I have seen this happen lots of time.

Shame TJC haven't got the facility to check the finished auctions :thinking:. This would anable one to chck to see what amount they were out bid by!!

help!!!! please - I just gave it whirl - I bid on the item and was the only bidder ......... auction ended with my bid - so where does it go next??? I cant see it in my basket???

help!!!! please - I just gave it whirl - I bid on the item and was the only bidder ......... auction ended with my bid - so where does it go next??? I cant see it in my basket???

Loobi TJC will e-mail you. Sometime its quick, other time you have to wait!!

The e-mail will explain how you pay (follow a link) What did you win?

thanks BB - it was a long string of pearls for 5 - bargain seeing as I will pull it apart I think - I am bemused though - this afternoon as I was watching it the auctions were finishing every 5 mins all day and now suddenly they seem to be one every half hour - is it always so random??

another question - can you combine rising auctions into one bundle and pay one p&p? if so how ???

Last edited:

Hi Loobi

I was confused by this too but auctions you win don't appear in your basket, you'll get sent an email with a link to access it and sort out payment, but this isn't sent immediately the auction ends, I think it has to wait until the whole page has completed before it's sent out.

Also if you've been successfuly on more than one auction you have to complete each one as a separate payments, most annoying it's very time consuming and extremely inefficient!:headbang:

thanks BB - it was a long string of pearls for 5 - bargain seeing as I will pull it apart I think - I am bemused though - this afternoon as I was watching it the auctions were finishing every 5 mins all day and now suddenly they seem to be one every half hour - is it always so random??

another question - can you combine rising auctions into one bundle and pay one p&p? if so how ???

Hi Loobi

As mentioned in my last post annoyingly they have to be paid separately but if they're done on the same day it will only be one P&P. Eah order will show a P&P but they sort it out and it appears correctly as one P&P on the invoice

Yes all items won and checked out on the same day are automatically combined at the end of the day. This includes web buys, Rising auctions, falling auctions and tv buys via web. I don't know if they combine telephone orders as I have never called in (always buy on the web).

Is that the same pearl necklace as I have received today or is it the one with the Biwa pearls?

thanks both for the helpful words....... BB its the one with the biwa pearls on.

I am still struggling to follow how often they are supposed to finish - they seem to speed up all of a sudden. I can see some of your treasures coming up BB - must say your pics are much better!

Loobi they do finish at random hours.

I nearly bid on that necklace too. Let me know what you think when you receive it.

oooooo no BB i didnt know that - I assumed it was same as the usual check out by 3am thing or loose it from your basket rule - thanks for that I will bear that in mind...how pleased am I that I came on here to ask my random questions!:mysmilie_378:

I saw another one coming up in a while BB and yes I will let you know what its like

Last edited:
That was the problem with the auctions I won the other day, took a couple of hours to show on the account. Got an email the next day, but found that if you go to your account there is a line that says rising auction details. I really wish they had the facility to put them all in the shopping basket and check-out once, it was a pain having to do it over and over.
Word has gotten round, most everything today has bids!
Thanks for all the help!

ok, now I am bemused........ I bid on an item and it said bid accepted - the auction closed and my bid was the highest and closing price but its showing in my rising auction bid history as auction not won...... how come then???

ok, now I am bemused........ I bid on an item and it said bid accepted - the auction closed and my bid was the highest and closing price but its showing in my rising auction bid history as auction not won...... how come then???

Loobi only think I can think of is you have been out bid in the final seconds! Did you see the auction finish with your bid as the highest? If so I would e-mail CS and ask them what happened.

I have been out bid in the last few seconds too!!

Loobi only think I can think of is you have been out bid in the final seconds! Did you see the auction finish with your bid as the highest? If so I would e-mail CS and ask them what happened.

I have been out bid in the last few seconds too!!

the amount I bid was def showing as the closing price of the auction and the system gave me the message my bid was accepted - very odd. Not worth breaking my heart over just bemusing:confused:... thanks BB!!

yippee yippee - c'est moi !!! I won it!!! Yee haaaa....how very random - it showed in my rising auction bid history as item not won but now I have an email saying i did get it - happy days!!:mysmilie_378:

Latest posts

Back