Stephanie Weightman to leave Create & Craft

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Dippy One

Guest Shopper
Stephanie Weightman via the C&C Facebook page has announced that she will be leaving Create & Craft. Don't know when but I think it's soon. She will be doing other craft projects outside of tv I think.

I'm sorry to say, that I'm not a fan of hers. To me, she always comes over as a bit false. I hope we get broader spectrum of crafting now. As well as knitting and crochet I make stained glass, patchwork quilts, and do latchwork and marquetry. It would be nice to see a bit of that as well as the endless cards and scrap booking. I might even join the club then

I'm not really a fan of craft products, but I found this on the C&C facebook page;

There have been rumours across various forums that Stephanie is leaving Create and Craft.

So to stop the rumours I can confirm Stephanie will come off the Presenter fixed rota at the end of the month to allow more time for product development.

There is nothing sinister, Stephanie will still be a regular face on Create and Craft, the new arrangement means Stephanie can use her time, crafting skills and knowledge helping us feed the need for new ideas and products.

Thanks You

Tony Sheridan

Create and Craft.

I can't say I'll miss her hard sell.....if I want something I'll buy it, if I don't no amount of pressure sales will make me want it, it's more likely to do the opposite and make me turn over, resulting in C&C missing out on a possible sale later on in the show.

Hardly the best kept secret that I am no fan of hers, so I hope she really does go:grin: ! She just comes over as a complete bore in my opinion, with craft being the only thing in her life.

Stephanie Weightman via the C&C Facebook page has announced that she will be leaving Create & Craft. Don't know when but I think it's soon. She will be doing other craft projects outside of tv I think.

And have more time to eat cake. :mysmilie_483:

Hardly the best kept secret that I am no fan of hers, so I hope she really does go:grin: ! She just comes over as a complete bore in my opinion, with craft being the only thing in her life.

Oh, come ON! Create and Craft is A-S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G-C-H-A-N-N-E-L. It exists to S-E-L-L
T-H-I-N-G-S and the things it sells are C-R-A-F-T-P-R-O-D-U-C-T-S.

What else do you expect SW to talk about in her presentations? World peace? The politics of gender? The Internationl Monetary Fund?

Since SW backed off, we have seen more of other crafts, with more presenters who come over better than she ever did. I don't doubt her enthusiasm, but she was over-powering in my book. My favourite is the lovely Leoni, who is far superior to everyone else on the Craft Channels. And that includes Dawn Bibby, lol. And at least SW smiled !

Stepahnie

Stephanie is going to join QVC as a guest presenter, she worked there some time ago and i think that is where she started some time ago.

Dawn

Oh, come ON! Create and Craft is A-S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G-C-H-A-N-N-E-L. It exists to S-E-L-L
T-H-I-N-G-S and the things it sells are C-R-A-F-T-P-R-O-D-U-C-T-S.

What else do you expect SW to talk about in her presentations? World peace? The politics of gender? The Internationl Monetary Fund?

Now, THAT'S not at all patronising is it, Henrietta?

What you seem to be missing, and I'll try and put it as simply as I can for you, is the dedicated C&C channel is supposedly designed to both sell crafting products and help crafters develop their skills. Otherwise the craft products could have simply remained being sold on the main IW channel.

What people are saying is that they feel Ms Weightman was doing more of the former, and markedly less of the latter.

I hope that helps. Maybe if you had less of an attitude and actually read what people were posting you'd have a better idea about what they were saying.

Just a thought :nod:

Now, THAT'S not at all patronising is it, Henrietta?

What you seem to be missing, and I'll try and put it as simply as I can for you, is the dedicated C&C channel is supposedly designed to both sell crafting products and help crafters develop their skills. Otherwise the craft products could have simply remained being sold on the main IW channel.

What people are saying is that they feel Ms Weightman was doing more of the former, and markedly less of the latter.

I hope that helps. Maybe if you had less of an attitude and actually read what people were posting you'd have a better idea about what they were saying.

Just a thought :nod:
Now THERE'S the kettle calling the pot black. Look at some of your own replies before criticising mine.

The point is that C&C is NOT there to "help crafters develop their skills" it is there to sell product, full stop, and any tuition is given as an adjunct to this. It is there as a means to sell more. After all they won't sell as much of a particular thing if they only aim it at customers who already know what it's for.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back