On dodgy ground

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Hmmm just heard Paul say the DVD upscailer made DVDs to blu-ray quality. Not sure that is true. Yeah they make them look better but the same? No way IMO.

PJ
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard him say that before a while back, and he's on extremely shaky ground to make such a claim. They're basically exploiting the technical ignorance of some people in order to make a sale, and even if someone is happy with their purchase it's something that they may not have needed to buy in the first place.

What a few people may not realise is that EVERYTHING of a lower resolution than a particular LCD TV's display has to be upscaled anyway otherwise you wouldn't get any picture whatsoever! (Think about it.) Upscaling is simply the process of converting a standard definition picture (eg. Freeview, satellite or DVD playback) to the number of dots that your LCD TV happens to have (720 or 1080 rows of pixels (or colour dots) for HD), and an upscaling DVD player simply does one stage of the process within the DVD player itself instead of the television, but that doesn't mean that the DVD player will do a better job of upscaling than the television itself - sometimes you're better off using an RGB SCART connection and letting the TV do the processing instead.

(Incidentally if you have your television's HD overscan mode switched on then the television will still adjust the aspect ratio of the picture even if your DVD player does the upscaling.)

Everything they come out with is on dodgy ground in my opinion! Another one is the lies the come out with regarding the Allfine 'netbook'!! They say it has Windows on it, and that is true... Windows CE, ie not compatible with normal Windows software!! How many people are going to buy this POS thinking its a normal Windows netbook and find they cant actually install any Windows software on it???? Wonder if thats why they are always flogging this POS, because of the returns??!!

Rich

Hmmm just heard Paul say the DVD upscailer made DVDs to blu-ray quality. Not sure that is true. Yeah they make them look better but the same? No way IMO.

PJ
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, a classic case of misselling!

The Sh!t-Up channels and their presenters think they are so invincible that they have to tell lies to get a sale and spout absolute bile on their twitter page to get attention , Yes Mark Ryes I'm talking about you you jumped-up little Berk. I was horrified to read this tweet posted by Ryes yesterday "Jeez... Nicki Chapman is a terrible TV presenter. An OK music agent/producer but a TERRIBLE TV presenter with a speech impediment #bbc" The woman has a lisp , I speak with a lisp does that mean I have a speech impediment too?????

Mark Ryes really said that about NC???? Really?? (I'm not on twitter so cant see for myself). If he did, what an absolute vile little 'man'!!

Last edited:
Mark Ryes really said that about NC???? Really?? (I'm not on twitter so cant see for myself). If he did, what an absolute vile little 'man'!!

Yes he sure did then someone tweeted him about it and he posted this response " she does, and the speech impediment does my head in." http://twitter.com/markryes ,

He threatened me with Libel action last year after I posted "bitchy comments about me on a not very nice website" He locked his account for 9 months and unlocked it before the new year and I can see he hasn't changed. How would he like it if someone tweeted homophobic postings about his sexuality he sure would be the first to complain!!!!!

I've reported him to sit-up! Have demanded an official apology from him or I report him to the official regulators!

Yeah you are right Dippy - pot kettle black!!

Rich

I've reported him to sit-up! Have demanded an official apology from him or I report him to the official regulators!

Yeah you are right Dippy - pot kettle black!!

Rich

Thanks Rich , I know he will say "Will it's my own views and not that of Sit-up" but thats not the point it's downright bullying... Let us know of the response back.

Well look at my shocked face...not! No surprise, not heard a jot back from sh!t-up tv! Awesome way to treat official complaints - lets hope they go bump soon and the (few) decent people that work there get jobs with a decent company!

Rich

Stumpy was this the complaint about Mark Ryes? If so I've got a sinking feeling he was told behind closed doors as his tweets are free from bitchy nasty comments (for now) plus a few weeks back he tweeted "I was given a huge bollocking at work today" so I do think words were said.

Well look at my shocked face...not! No surprise, not heard a jot back from sh!t-up tv! Awesome way to treat official complaints - lets hope they go bump soon and the (few) decent people that work there get jobs with a decent company!

Rich

what an awful post! What else you "hope" for other than mass unemployment?

Stumpy was this the complaint about Mark Ryes? If so I've got a sinking feeling he was told behind closed doors as his tweets are free from bitchy nasty comments (for now) plus a few weeks back he tweeted "I was given a huge bollocking at work today" so I do think words were said.

Hi Dippy, yes thats the one. Sent it nearly 3 weeks ago but heard nothing back! As long as he has been told then that will do me I suppose. Of course, it doesnt change the fact that he still no doubt thinks like that!

Rich

what an awful post! What else you "hope" for other than mass unemployment?

Thanks. Read my post again, see what I actually 'said' and please stop being so touchy! :up: Christ, you cant say anything even remotely non-personal in this country without offending someone and its getting really tiresome!

Rich

Last edited:
Sally Jacks has just said she tried to get some pillows that the previous presenter was selling and she didn't get through because "you all got them".

How was this possible when he had 26 left at the end of the auction.

I'm sure last night an auctioneer said they couldn't buy the products over the phone also surely they can buy them if they want them without needing to ring up they must have some kind of discount policy for staff.

Something weird going on.

I know, who the hell am I, but if I could offer one bit of advice.. that would be, dont believe a word they say!

Rich

Latest posts

Back