Can Speedauction survive?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
Was watching last night and to be frank it was painful unlike Bid and Pricedrop there seemed to be nobody watching it felt like I was alone.

They had quantities of about 12 of everything and they just couldn't get rid, Lisa Brash was losing her rag whatever they did no one seemed to be buying.

Wouldn't they be best dropping it and just having the other two channels, maybe it's because it's not on Freeview but I can't see it surviving if it doesn't pick up soon.

Was watching last night and to be frank it was painful unlike Bid and Pricedrop there seemed to be nobody watching it felt like I was alone.

They had quantities of about 12 of everything and they just couldn't get rid, Lisa Brash was losing her rag whatever they did no one seemed to be buying.

Wouldn't they be best dropping it and just having the other two channels, maybe it's because it's not on Freeview but I can't see it surviving if it doesn't pick up soon.

This channel DEFINATELY wouldn't survive if there wasn't bid/price-drop tv to back it up.

I was watching the other night, and kept count of everything they sold, the quantity sold, and the price it sold for:

They sold 6 products, and 32 items in total.

A shopping channel selling 32 products in a random hour cant be good..

They have to pay for;

Director
Producer
Presenter
Assistant
Camera man
Floor Manager
TV Station
TV Studio
Lights (Electricity)

- How can they pay for all of this, if they are selling 30 products an hour?!

I think speed auction should go back to rising price auctions, as everybody prefered them, and eventhough many items go for less money, when people get outbid, they get the phonecall cost back, and is more exciting, meaning more people may watch.

- Also, if they only have a quantity of 5, they are hardly going to do much worse off compared to now.....it isnt like if it gets sold below cost price they are going to loose much...its not like selling 300 or something!

I think it would just give it that edge it had all those years ago, or have this channel just for clearence items, with NO CLOCKS, so anything can go for £1, this would intice more people in!

As I said in my previous thread the channels have no direction like you said a Clearance channel is probably best way to go but they are in a catch22 they channel can't get exciting unless more people watch and more people buy and not being on Freeview doesn't help also the fact most presenters put the channel down when they appear on Bid or Price it seems to be an joke internally too they shut it down at a moments notice and feed from Bid when they need to.

There must be a reason they keep it going but I don't know what it is I don't think they would go to rising price as they lose control of the price and it confuses people I once tried to explain how a rising price auction worked to a person and they never did get it and you can abuse it as I did once and bid but didn't answer the phone when they rang back.

I think a rebrand for the channels would be a good idea definitely.

I think the use of the clocks on bid tv and price-drop tv should be scrapped, and have them as a regular feature on speed auction - say 5 minutes where the price is constantly in freefall and a mixture of both rising and falling price auctions.

I think price-drop tv should just be a mix of everything the channel has to offer, a sort of throwback to what the channels were in the golden era.

And finally, I think as it appears bid is the standout channel for the company - ie the one where more attention is paid towards ( new set, graphics etc ), then this should be the channel that is more structured, such as themed hours and such

At the moment, it's just 3 channels which are doing the same and the clocks just ruin everything

Sorry, but no channel is going to get me to buy anything from them when they add £9+ to the cost of an item before you have bought it. They must be quids in selling crap with those additional charges. There must be a lot of gullible people about...

Latest posts

Back