Jerome Alexander?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

J

JacquelineMammaof4

Guest Shopper
Am I imagining things or did I see a JA presentation on JML the other day?

You may well have done, I spotted some JA makeup on the JML display stand in one of the shops in the nearest city to me.

Has anyone used the magic minerals makeup by JA? I quite fancy it bit dont want to waste £20 on it if its not very good!

Just ordered a set from ebay for £14 will let you know how it goes :)

thanks Goldie, I do like my minerals but restricting myself on the make up front these days unless I get a good review or a wee try at a counter first! lol

Hi

Well the set arrived this morning! Just tried it out there...

Packaging seems a bit cheap and the brush is nothing compared to Bare Escentuals lol

It actually looks nice on very natural which i like not as heavy as laura geller one which been using for past year. The mascara is really nice again kindof a cheap look about it but it seems blacker shade than my normal black mascara !!

I had actually got this for my daughter ( now think we will be sharing it )as she just started wearing makeup and she been using TOO much so think
this will calm it down a bit the tranny look aint good haha

If your looking for natural look this seems a good choice :clapping:

Hi

Well the set arrived this morning! Just tried it out there...

Packaging seems a bit cheap and the brush is nothing compared to Bare Escentuals lol

It actually looks nice on very natural which i like not as heavy as laura geller one which been using for past year. The mascara is really nice again kindof a cheap look about it but it seems blacker shade than my normal black mascara !!

I had actually got this for my daughter ( now think we will be sharing it )as she just started wearing makeup and she been using TOO much so think
this will calm it down a bit the tranny look aint good haha

If your looking for natural look this seems a good choice :clapping:

Thanks Goldie! Did you find it gave you good coverage? I struggle abit with minerals in trying to get the right amount of coverage whilst maintaining the 'natural look'.

Hi well not as much coverage as laura gella I dont think but made my skin look nice its very natural.. My daughter tried it today she wasnt so keen on it said she didnt notice any difference but she been used to full coverage liquid foundation so think it will take while to convince her haha .. Depends I
suppose how much coverage is needed, if I had any blemishes I would use concealer under this.

This type foundation style seems to suit me I do like the laura gella one but always looking for better I guess ... Time will tell if I will buy it again guess end up with another laura gella kit on TSV...

I am still liking the mascara that comes with it has lasted all day no panda eyes and lashes look bit thicker...

I know everyone laughs at Jermome Alexander but I tried the magic mineral thingy in the black compact with the mirror and I really liked it. I didn't think I would because I usually hate powdery stuff. I got it to tone down redness in my face and it works pretty well and lasts ages.

I love Jerome Alexander make up too...The magic mineral powder is amazing, the mascara's really good, the lipsticks and eyeshadows when you can get your hands on them are amazing too. It's just him...he's a bit scary isn't he?!

Has anyone used the magic minerals makeup by JA? I quite fancy it bit dont want to waste £20 on it if its not very good!

I've used Jerome Alexander for years and I've got to say, it's the best mineral make-up out there. I buy the sets from IW and I've also bought his liquid silk primer and other make-up and it's absolutely brilliant. You think because it's cheap it's rubbish, but in this case you get more than what you pay for. They use it on the XFactor too.

Edit...Ideal World do lovely sets in gold packaging in large and small, home and away sets often Pick Of The Days and flexi pays, they also do a choice of fair, medium/dark and dark.

Last edited:
Am I imagining things or did I see a JA presentation on JML the other day?

JMLs is their copy of JA, they have sold it under the JA name before but they just call it Magic Minerals now. I've not tried JMLs but Ideal Worlds Jerome Alexander is the best make-up by a long way.

I've got a jml Magic Minerals waiting to be opened when I finish what's left of my JA original, I didn't realise they weren't the same any more....really hope that it's as good. I don't know what it is about Jerome's make up, but there seems to be quite a limited selection of what you can buy over here. A few years ago, through IW I bought a stacker set that came with a union Jack make up bag, this contained 2 eyeshadow quads, one contained browns/turquoise/pearlescent white and the other shades of pink and mauves and the quality and staying power was hand on heart the best I have ever had and now it needs replacing I cannot find those shades anywhere. The stacker set that's available in the uk, which is based on copper colours and plum with gold highlighter is the same great quality, but those colours don't suit me as much. I'd also like to try his 24-7 lipglosses, as the lipglosses in the stackers don't have any staying power unfortunately- can't seem to find them at the moment. Bought the entire set of his neon make up sets and initially I thought they weren't as good as his usual standard but I've since changed my mind as I'm finding that my eye make up applied at 6.30 am is still looking perfect at 11.30 pm. If you see JA make up..snap it up!

IW had a pick of the day not long ago, it had the stacks in it too, i bought a couple, it sold out pretty quick though so keep your eye out for the next one. Must admit Jerome Alexander is the best make-up I've ever used too.

Latest posts

Back