Disgusting Returns that appear in the outlet stores

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had an aunt who had the thickest skin going and regularly gave the M&S returns desk hell! Her best misdemeanor was buying a dress,shortening it,realising she had cut too much off-rehemming it and taking it back for a refund!

Unfortunately,she had inadvertently left the cut piece in the bag and it fell out as the customer services lady tipped the dress out..............................

my uncle said my aunt never even blinked,still demanded a refund as she said it was faulty and knowing how long my aunt could argue (by bitter experience!) they gave her a voucher. She even gave them hell over that saying their policy stated they should give her cash.

They did,however, stick to their guns.

My Uncle vowed he would NEVER go in their local M&S with her again!!!

I had an aunt who had the thickest skin going and regularly gave the M&S returns desk hell! Her best misdemeanor was buying a dress,shortening it,realising she had cut too much off-rehemming it and taking it back for a refund!

Unfortunately,she had inadvertently left the cut piece in the bag and it fell out as the customer services lady tipped the dress out..............................

my uncle said my aunt never even blinked,still demanded a refund as she said it was faulty and knowing how long my aunt could argue (by bitter experience!) they gave her a voucher. She even gave them hell over that saying their policy stated they should give her cash.

They did,however, stick to their guns.

My Uncle vowed he would NEVER go in their local M&S with her again!!!

O - MY - GOD...WHAT A FRONT! :eek:

I knew someone who regularly had competitions with her sister and her mother to see who could get the best refunds/compensation/freebies...

I have to agree, having worked in customer service and been insulted and shouted at by people who are clearly in the wrong I am appalled. Do these people not realise that when they walk away with their few pounds that all the staff are talking about them and the people in the queue behind are sneering at them?

I really think that sometimes the staff in shops should get a lot more support and there should be less of the customer is always right.

I find The problem with most customer services is that they dont know their job properly or know the stores policies as they should, they are quite often jobsworth's and i often have to request for the manager or higher to get properly dealt with, although i always stay sternly polite. Its QVC's fault for taking back disgusting returns, they need to clarify exactly what their 30 day guarantee is, though this dosent excuse the filthy person sending the items back.

Last edited:
Hi Manage to get back again missed keeping up with the goings on in qvc land.lol

I was at the warrington outlet at the end of august and was amazed at the craft returns.
I can get over the ammount of stuff people take out of the kits before they return them.

any kits i have returned (and there have not been many) i have returned complete except one where i did a page layout and then changed my mind cause i was already having second thoughts because the kit was way over priced and after the page i relised that there was not much to it for the money.

I bought a kit where someone had cut through the peel offs so half of everyone went back. another one they took half of the papers so kept 16 sheets!!!!!! plus gods know what else.

Lots of the kits where just packing a bits and bobs the bones of the kit were gone.
I understand qvc give a 30 days money back but people need to be sending back resellable items.

I find The problem with most customer services is that they dont know their job properly or know the stores policies as they should, they are quite often jobsworth's and i often have to request for the manager or higher to get properly dealt with, although i always stay sternly polite. Its QVC's fault for taking back disgusting returns, they need to clarify exactly what their 30 day guarantee is, though this dosent excuse the filthy person sending the items back.

The customer always should remain polite, state their case clearly and concisely and not launch into insults.

What started this thread off in the first place, was a disgusting return spotted by me. When it comes to under garments, I do think that the 30 MBG should only apply if there is a sticker put in place for the customer to try on, is returned with the sticker intact. Possibly it does not occur to QVCs management that anyone would be so dirty or crass as to do such a thing, its not a case of having front.

I can remember when I was at school a school friend bought a pair of shoes, they fell apart after the first wearing. She took them back and the assistant at first would not give a refund, stating they had been worn and had got wet. Katy smiled sweetly and said "they are school shoes, I do not expect them to fall apart after wearing them once, it was only a light shower". More obstruction on the part of the shop assistant thinking it was OK to bully a school girl. So Katy said "I'd like to see the manager please, as these shoes aren't fit for purpose and BTW my Dad is a solicitor and is quite prepared to see you in court". She got a refund and we went into another shop; incase you are wondering Katy had lost her Mum the year before so was having to deal with things herself.

Hey (I'm new)
I've worked in customer service for over 10 years, and sadly it's most often than not, horrid customers who belittle and degrade the staff to a point where we feel unable to deal with the person anymore.
I've had someone come in and shout at you when THEY are actually at fault and is a truly horrid experience. When it gets so bad we have to call in managers etc.. because if we have to take anymore abuse it might end up with us losing our rags and answering back/or getting so upset we cry. Yes sometimes I've lost my rag when I shouldn't, but more often than not I pass the complaint on. Why should we deal with someone who argues over a few pounds and when they've ruined it?

If it is the fault of the company then that doesn't give the customer the right to get angry.

Yes if it's the member of staffs fault then they should take responsibility, but that should be dealt with by the manager.

Of course I'm a consumer and hate bad service/poor goods, and will get my money back if I deem it necessary, but I'd never take it out on the member of staff.

Latest posts

Back