Disgusting Returns that appear in the outlet stores

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All disgusting stories, it is amazing how people behave - horrible! I'm sure it isn't any company's policy to resell soiled goods, but a company the size of QVC will have slip-ups due to human error.
I had a friend who worked at M&S at the time they had the unconditional money-back guarantee and she told me a few stories and you just wouldn't believe the cheek of some people. One I remember was a lady (?) who brought back a pair of shoes that were over three years old (they could tell from the style etc.) and insisted they were newish and bad quality. They just gave her her money back in the name of good CS and to get rid of her!

M&S is about the only shop that i don't like returning items of clothing too. They thoroughly inspect the item in front of everyone and make you feel like you've worn it to a party and have no use for it anymore. I once took back a pair of trousers and the cashier checked the crotch out :eek: ( not as far as sniffing ; but not far off. ) I'd not even put them on cos they wouldn't get past my fat thighs :toilet:

M&S is about the only shop that i don't like returning items of clothing too. They thoroughly inspect the item in front of everyone and make you feel like you've worn it to a party and have no use for it anymore. I once took back a pair of trousers and the cashier checked the crotch out :eek: ( not as far as sniffing ; but not far off. ) I'd not even put them on cos they wouldn't get past my fat thighs :toilet:

Your post made me chuckle MrsJames! Indeed, M&S have completely changed their returns policy - I suppose the old one was costing them too much money.

I worked as a student for M&S, including on their returns desk. You had to have special training before they would let you refund customers... including how to discreetly 'sniff' items to check they hadn't been worn other than for just a quick try on.

I've also seen many soiled items at the QVC outlet shop, though nothing quite as revolting as the Carole Hochman pjs that Lorraine saw. I don't generally buy much clothing - the styles generally aren't much to my taste, the sizes all seem to be XL and there is usually a possy of very scary ladies in the way loading up their trollies with armfuls.

Maybe the woman who bought the pj's wanted them in that state ? you can buy worn knickers on ebay so the pj's may have fetched more money ? :eek:

Someone told me about the knickers :cool:

Maybe the woman who bought the pj's wanted them in that state ? you can buy worn knickers on ebay so the pj's may have fetched more money ? :eek:

Someone told me about the knickers :cool:

:rolleyes: What a surprise, Snoopy is being his usual charming self REVOLTING!!! Bad beagle. :D

sounds like the next thing heading outlet way is hairy discoloured silicone bakeware.

I tell you what ;I used to work with 2 people (in particular) that used to buy complete outfits for interviews and / or Christmas Do's? Weddings from Principles, wear them with labels in-situ and return them afterwards! :eek::eek::eek:

It just wouldnt be in my nature so I couldnt do it , but they truly saw nothing wrong with their practice :confused::confused:

I did used to work in Marks and Spencer on the returns desk. Some of the things were 15 years old and you would have your eyes open if you had seen some of the things. Bras with yellowing armpits, knickers with stains etc. Some people have no scruples and it was usually thhe very poshest of people that did this :eek:

I tell you what ;I used to work with 2 people (in particular) that used to buy complete outfits for interviews and / or Christmas Do's? Weddings from Principles, wear them with labels in-situ and return them afterwards! :eek::eek::eek:

It just wouldnt be in my nature so I couldnt do it , but they truly saw nothing wrong with their practice :confused::confused:

I did used to work in Marks and Spencer on the returns desk. Some of the things were 15 years old and you would have your eyes open if you had seen some of the things. Bras with yellowing armpits, knickers with stains etc. Some people have no scruples and it was usually thhe very poshest of people that did this :eek:

Believe me PEP the money is hanging out of these people in particular :fume::fume:

I knew of someone that bought some jeans from M&S wore them continuously for a weeks holiday, washed them and took them back for a refund. M&S never batted an eyelid.

I know someone who done that too as l saw her out many times with labels on clothes. She had a real cheek lol. I wouldn't have the brass neck.

There's no way I'd buy something with the sole intention of wearing it once and sending it back. Firstly, I think it's wrong, secondly, I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of making sure it doesn't get damaged, and having to repackage it and getting it sent back...and I don't think an outfit with hard labels attatched to it would make for a very comfortable evening out!

To be honest, even if something turned out to be faulty and it was stained in the wrong places...I'd not take it back for an exchange or refund! I've never worked in clothing retail, but if some of the customers I have to deal with on a daily basis are anything to go by, they'll bring back anything!

I ordered a jacket out of a catalogue and the one I received, had 2 wedding favours in one of the pockets!!

I ordered a jacket out of a catalogue and the one I received, had 2 wedding favours in one of the pockets!!

I ordered a jacket out of a catalogue and there was a packet of fags half a packet of condoms and a phone number,i was well chuffed :eek:

I ordered a jacket out of a catalogue and there was a packet of fags half a packet of condoms and a phone number,i was well chuffed :eek:

:rolleyes:

nutter.jpg

Latest posts

Back