Simon Iles get a backbone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Where is the constructive criticism as yet I have not received any as all you say is that I'm awful and I have no back bone !
I await your Constructive criticism !!

I never said I had to give "Constructive Criticism" you did, you started this through a couple of tweets I made in 140 characters, I personally think that you are dull, you lack any excitment or personality when demonstrating products, I remember once Andy Love filled in as a guest forr Greese Lightning, he was superb, enertaining and able to sell.

Personal opinion again but unless I am being entertained I am not watching for long so am not going to buy.

Guests can improve, I commented on Jo the Comfort and Dreams guest when she first started, she was just terrible but now she is very watchable and the improvement is great, Sadly Simon I have seen no improvement with you and get so annoyed everytime you appear on Ideal World, THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION, but an opinion never the less.

How would you tell if someone can take criticism?

In what way can't he take it?

It was just a couple of Tweets I made, maye the problem with Twitter is you have to get to the point in 140 Characters or less.

I will try to improve. You will be able to see me this weekend and all next week thanks and happy watching !!

I will try to improve. You will be able to see me this weekend and all next week thanks and happy watching !!

To be fair, all presenters/demonstrators have different personalities. At the end of the day, he may not be the most exciting presenter in the world, but he gets the product across well which is why he is there for. - Graham...you said that Andy Love was good when he stood in one show, but what about when Andy presents it with Simon?

Saying somebody is 'terrible' or 'hope they get removed' in my opinion is going too far, and if you do think that, fine, say it, but back it up with how YOU think he could improve. - I doubt we will improve without any direction to inprove in.

It's like any job...lets say you are working in an office, and somebody said ''you are rubbish, and should get removed'', you would want it to be constructive to imrove on wouldn't you?

Graham...you said that Andy Love was good when he stood in one show, but what about when Andy presents it with Simon?

That is the saving grace really when presenters like Andy, Howard etc work with Simon, I could not imagine Simon on his own,

Oooh, it's ALL go, isn't it? :nod:

And there I was thinking that the IW forum had died a death!

To be fair, all presenters/demonstrators have different personalities. At the end of the day, he may not be the most exciting presenter in the world, but he gets the product across well which is why he is there for. - Graham...you said that Andy Love was good when he stood in one show, but what about when Andy presents it with Simon?

Saying somebody is 'terrible' or 'hope they get removed' in my opinion is going too far, and if you do think that, fine, say it, but back it up with how YOU think he could improve. - I doubt we will improve without any direction to inprove in.

It's like any job...lets say you are working in an office, and somebody said ''you are rubbish, and should get removed'', you would want it to be constructive to imrove on wouldn't you?

Ben - calm down: don't go overboard praising Mr Iles! :devil:

You've stated your opinion; Graham's stated his.

You disagree. That's it. If we were all the same there'd be no need for biscuit assortments.

But as you said yourself "he may not be the most exciting presenter in the world". I'd say that's somewhere to start, no? :nod:

Ben - calm down: don't go overboard praising Mr Iles! :devil:

You've stated your opinion; Graham's stated his.

You disagree. That's it. If we were all the same there'd be no need for biscuit assortments.

But as you said yourself "he may not be the most exciting presenter in the world". I'd say that's somewhere to start, no? :nod:

Haha!! I'd like to be the chocolate digestive please! :D

Yes, I'd say it is quite constructive, but what annoyed me was when Graham said that Simon can't take criticism, but when i viewed the comment he sent to Simon, there would have been no other way to respond. - I think he took it well, and not to heart, and didn't have a go back ( much more than what you can say about some presenters)

Haha!! I'd like to be the chocolate digestive please! :D

Yes, I'd say it is quite constructive, but what annoyed me was when Graham said that Simon can't take criticism, but when i viewed the comment he sent to Simon, there would have been no other way to respond. - I think he took it well, and not to heart, and didn't have a go back ( much more than what you can say about some presenters)

Apart from appearing on here and telling Graham to have a go if he could do better, no... :wink:

If someone makes a vague claim of any kind, then the best thing to say is "Prove it". Getting all excited and throwing queeny strops isn't exactly claiming the moral high ground (and I AM speaking from experience here lol).

I am gratified by the way you rushed to Mr Iles' defence though: did you happen to meet him while you were at IW? :happy:

Apart from appearing on here and telling Graham to have a go if he could do better, no... :wink:

If someone makes a vague claim of any kind, then the best thing to say is "Prove it". Getting all excited and throwing queeny strops isn't exactly claiming the moral high ground (and I AM speaking from experience here lol).

I am gratified by the way you rushed to Mr Iles' defence though: did you happen to meet him while you were at IW? :happy:

Ahaha!! TBH, I'd stick up for near enough anybody who I think are being treated unfairly! ;)

And yes! - I did see him one or two times on my experience there, but never talked! :p The only person I had a decent chat to really was the BAMIX MAN!!

Some constructive criticism here - Simon's website is dreadful. Did he do it himself or get a child to do it?
I really hope you didn't pay someone to produce that web site. :giggle:

Very amateurish and not the sort of web design to show off your professionalism and many talents. Looks like it was designed for a phone browser - looks terrible on a monitor.

Also several spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Looks like it needs Polishing up - i bet showroon shine wont do that! :giggle:

Is Simon one of those chaps I've seen at street markets who stand in front of a disembodied car bonnet placed on a table, rubbing it with some 'magic polish' which brings it up like a mirror?

If so does it matter what he says/.does/promises? It's a living; Delboy got away with it for years and we don't have to buy it do we?. Live and let live

He does the car polish and steam products and most cleaners.
OH HIM!!! Absolutely the worst guest I;ve ever seen on shopping telly..EVER
I can't say enough bad things about him so suffice it to say I agree with you.
Oh..and he looks pretty stupid as well.

Where did IW get that guest from who presents moissanite? I was waching last night to buy a ring and she put me off had to turn over hum,hum,hum,hum

thats all she could has when asked a question I have seen her on other jewellery has she moved to moissanite or is she the jewellery guest hum,hum,hum,hum

Is Simon one of those chaps I've seen at street markets who stand in front of a disembodied car bonnet placed on a table, rubbing it with some 'magic polish' which brings it up like a mirror?

If so does it matter what he says/.does/promises? It's a living; Delboy got away with it for years and we don't have to buy it do we?. Live and let live

Del Boy had charachter.Something about him.

Firstly Hi, things have changed since I last visited her.

Talking about Janice, I do like her, she does her best to be fun. I do believe she is extremely knowledeable on technology, she certainly knows more than the average computer user and you can tell this by some of her explainations.

Because a lot of people who shop and are buying tech for the first time, she has to water down her explanations in laymens term, but I certainly even as an experienced computer user of 30 years still wouldn't like to go head to head with her on a tech quiz.

I do also feel sorry for her though, because a lot of what she has to promote, really isn't that good and in some cases, is far from good value.

Take most of the laptops sold, usually they are standard laptops which have standard features. Most laptops sold on Ideal World are ten a penny and can be found for exactly the same price or less elsewhere at numerous retailers on and offline.

But poor old Janice has a job to do though of course and that is to help convince to buy. As I believe Janice is a serious tecno head for want of a better phrase, I'm sure she must really hate bigging up technology that isn't that great.

I'm sure for instance when she is telling us how great all the bloatware that come on these laptops is great and useful, when any experience user, knows most of the free software on a laptop is standard or isn't worth the disc space it takes up, she is thinking god this really is nonsense.

Also on general spec, yes she shows us numerous windows open, but it a brand new laptop and even my old Windows 98 laptop, with 256mb memory and slow processor, if re-formated to factory setting could have numerous windows opened at the same time. It's a year down the line, when you suddenly are waiting for the computer to actually do anything.

Another example, the laptop promoted last night and I believe tonight also. A standard Toshiba low end laptop, it contained a terrible processor, which is extremely old hat and has been superceded numerous times. If I've got Janice right, she wouldn't be seen dead with the processor in that laptop or indeed the laptop itself.

Just a real shame she doesn't actually help present a serious tech show and get to show us serious laptops that really are powerful and do not contain old technology or tons of useless stuff that the average user, won't ever use.

Sadly because of the vast majority of the Ideal World audience, she has to put up with selling low end products, for unexceptional prices, aim at getting the housewife and nanna and grandads of this world, thinking yeah I need a laptop.

Guess some of you might disagree with me, but hey that's life.

Top post wearecity - completely agree. Her and Loen or Debbie (S) are really funny to watch too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back