Simon Iles get a backbone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janice certainly does a good job of explaining technology to the uninitiated, I sometimes feel it's a little over-simplified, but that's from the perspective of someone who already knows a reasonable amount on the subject.

Thanks guys.

If I'm doing nothing, I always look to see if QVC or Ideal World have a tech hour, then sit there laughing at the over exaggerted claims made.

What irritates me is when they make it a selling point that the laptop has skype on. Helloo! You can just download skype and will most likely have to download the updated version when you get the laptop anyway. And I love Simon Iles magnified eye glances as he looks into the camera :drunk:

Janice certainly does a good job of explaining technology to the uninitiated, I sometimes feel it's a little over-simplified, but that's from the perspective of someone who already knows a reasonable amount on the subject.

I agree with that - to me Janice does not come accross as someone that has the full knowledge in the first place.

I think she probably does, but as has been said, she has to dumb it down a fair bit. At least she is able to do that, which is more that can be said for some!

And now....getting back to the subject of the God of Clean, who said he was doing loads on IW last week, well I must have blinked and missed his Royalsome :grin:
I haven't seen him on.

My reply was AFTER his tweets to me, my previous tweets were just tweets when he was on air.

Either way is it my opinion and if we all thought the same it would become very boring.

I cannot comment on this guest as I don't watch IW on a regular basis and can't picture this guy. I do concur with you, however, that when we make a post we are giving our own opinions. Some people will agree with them; others won't. I have found on other internet forums, as well as ST, that members can forget that a forum is a vehicle for allowing a poster to make a point. As long as it is not libellous or illegal, or harming anyone in any way, even though some people may not like it, we should be allowed to make it. We live in a sovereignty and, by definition, a forum is a democratic extension of that.
Unfortunately, it is the very nature of the beast that if someone dosn't like your views, they will diss you for them. Again, democracy dictates that they should be, and are, allowed to do this. What's sauce for the goose......

Got a lovely tweet back from the charmer last night after I called his show boring.

"who is sad and lonely sat at home watching me with nothing else better to do ???"

Like telling a TV Critic to not watch telly.

muttley-1.gif

Got a lovely tweet back from the charmer last night after I called his show boring.

"who is sad and lonely sat at home watching me with nothing else better to do ???"

you've hit a nerve, perhaps it's just a thicker skin he needs? Set yourself in front of a TV camera and you're going to get criticism. Not all of it justified.

Why watch if you don't like?

What exactly did you say (tweet) to start this?

Saturday Night and we have to suffer the boring @simoniles1 on Ideal World.

So the site if your job? Just thought you run it rather than it being a job as well.

Same thing isn't it, either way if the thinks that his potential customers are "Sad and Lonely" then the sooner he leaves the world of shopping telly the better.

But Graham, if you tweeted to him "Saturday Night and we have to suffer the boring @simoniles1 on Ideal World" how do you expect him to say?... 'oh thanks for being vile, I really appreciate it'?

And to be fair and brutally honest, he didnt say everyone was sad and lonely for watching, he said you were.

Last edited:
But Graham, if you tweeted to him "Saturday Night and we have to suffer the boring @simoniles1 on Ideal World" how do you expect him to say?... 'oh thanks for being vile, I really appreciate it'?

And to be fair and brutally honest, he didnt say everyone was sad and lonely for watching, he said you were.

OK he said it to me but I am a shopping Telly viewer like anyone else so IMO and my views are my opinion he was saying that anyone watching him on a Saturday Night was sad and lonely.

My opinion is that he is a terrible guest presenter, he sells a great product but just sells it on a very boring way, my opinion. We have to agree to differ.

My opinion is that he is a terrible guest presenter, he sells a great product but just sells it on a very boring way, my opinion. We have to agree to differ.

And I absolutely respect your opinion, everyone is entitled to one obviously... my issue is there is no need to tweet someone personally and slate them... thats it... there are always better ways to deliver a message...there, nuff said!

And I absolutely respect your opinion, everyone is entitled to one obviously... my issue is there is no need to tweet someone personally and slate them... thats it... there are always better ways to deliver a message...there, nuff said!

I never tweeted him personally it was a general tweet, it would appear that by running this site I am not allowed an opinion so i think it is time for me to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back