Jerome italian marble - I need the truth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
.. about this product! To me, on air, it looks extremely matte and talc like
yet on ebay it has bids through the roof!

Worth a purchase?

I love it - it's the only 'foundation' I will use. I can't bear liquid ones and of the powder types this is the only one I have tried that works for me - have not tried that many though, I stopped when I found this.

However, I think you will find the general opinion on here is not that favourable!!

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I think foundation is a very individual thing! :happy:

My own experience is as follows. I was really excited when it arrived, couldn't wait to use it. The first thing to hit me was the overpowering smell, reminiscent of the stuff that Woolworth sold as perfume in the early 60s. I ran the brush over the surface and it went EVERYWHERE!!! When, eventually I managed to get it onto my face, I looked like an orange. I suffer with rosacea so there is large areas of red to cover and it certainly did that, but orange is no more attractive than red. I tried it again the next day but the results were no better-I certainly would never have gone out wearing it-so it went back. IMO, if you're looking for mineral make up Bare Minerals can't be beaten for quality, texture and subtlety of colour, unlike Italian marble where one shade supposedly suits all.

Thanks so much Susie.. you have been very helpful. You see I am a fan of the 'dewy' glow look, as powder seems to dry and cake in the lines. What is it like regarding wrinkles? does it migrate into the fine lines?
xxx

IMO, if you're looking for mineral make up Bare Minerals can't be beaten for quality, texture and subtlety of colour, unlike Italian marble where one shade supposedly suits all.

Thanks Springflower xx I actually use Bare minerals, but I find it is great on smooth skin, to even out skin demarcation (freckles, redness) but (i) tap swirl buff system is so impractical -- everytime it open the lid I fear losing the whole lot (ii) much more expensive gram for gram (iii) I have the multi purpose concealer bare mineral powder too -- and it has to be the worst stuff in the world for making your fine eye-lines look like troughs!!! Its like Ive had theatre make up to make me look 80.

Thanks so much Susie.. you have been very helpful. You see I am a fan of the 'dewy' glow look, as powder seems to dry and cake in the lines. What is it like regarding wrinkles? does it migrate into the fine lines?
xxx
Would love to say I don't know but unfortunately I do have a few wrinkles - it certainly doesn't hide them but I don't think it makes them any worse. The only problem I find is if my skin is very dry it looks drier - if that makes sense! I would imagine most powders would do that. I don't find it 'migrates' anywhere and I don't think it looks like I have powder on, it just evens out my skintone. I find the colour is fine on me too, I have not had any hint of orange!

JRSe, I felt I had less control over Marbles than Minerals. Whatever excess there is in the Mineral lid can be tipped back, the excess from Marble is all over dressing table and me!! BTW, I have very fair skin so perhaps that is why Marble doesn't suit me.

(mum writes)

I tried it but I'm not a lover of any powder foundations. I found it had a too matte finish, looked caked on and make me look 10 years older! It went straight back! I also find his colours are too vivid.

Jerome Alexander Italian Marble: as used by only the very BEST funeral directors and mortuary attendants :nod:

Jerome Alexander Italian Marble: as used by only the very BEST funeral directors and mortuary attendants :nod:

****** awful - my skin felt & looked partched. Made me look like the above but orange. Or a reject from 80's . Lay in wrinkles. Agree go for sheer cover or bare essentials. Marble - gives you more dusting in the bedroom - it looks the same as marco luigi when he was on IW

The other day I saw a proper TV advert for it during This Morning, it looks like he's selling it now through JML in ASDA supermarkets, it was him on the advert with some models endorsing how fabulous it was *rolls eyes*. They had a big sale of his stuff on IW last week, so maybe he's not going to be on there anymore?

Saw it on the literal actual evil high-street yesterday in Boots Worthing; no testers so don't make a special trip to Boots to try it and there was an endless looping advert on a portable telly (makes a change from the ped egg ad).

Donkey's years ago I bought the JA marble powder from Home Shopping Europe and it was the same as the later Mario De Luigi Marble powder ie lighter with more dots of colours and that was an excellent product (mind you I was at least 10 years younger!). I wonder whether they went to court over ownership of the "Marble Powder" name? Sadly Mario has never brought his version to QVC.

Sorry not very helpful but the base colour of the new version looks very dark to me. Laura Geller works for me and is more portable than Bare Escentuals imho.

Jude xx

Last edited:
I bought this ages ago and the first time I used it I was pleased, I suffer very dry skin and could never use powder or liquid foundation, as its mineral it didnt dry my skin out but the 2nd lot I bought was awful the colour was darker and seemed to dry my skin out.
I use bare escentuals now which is good but I do notice I get dry spots.
DM

Hi,

I have tried the Jerome powder and the Mario de Luigi when Ideal World sold that. I am quite fair and both of them made my skin darker in appearance. Its a good idea for a product though and you won't know if it works for you unless you try it. Mario's was better though and you seem to get a lot for your money as its bigger than most powders. (I sound like a sales person LOL)

I have also used Bare Minerals and have since switched to Lily Lolo which I prefer. Its less messy and there are a lot of colours in the range. I like the fact you can buy sample pots first is a real bonus.

I tried some and it reminded me of stage makeup. Much too heavy if you don't want the obviously made-up look. I found it very wasteful too, it went everywhere.

Latest posts

Back