Win 24 - What a con!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

this thread was fantastic bedtime reading, its really helped dull my brain enough to get to sleep :yawn:

we all know exactly what the OP was saying and being pedantic and picking his exact words to pieces is simply pathetic.

I'm glad someone finally mentioned that win24 thing, it is absolute rubbish and hopefully not too many are sucked into signing up to it.

Sorry haven't read the whole thread (only so many minutes in a day and all that) so apologies if I am duplicating someone else.

The more they advertise and the more mugs they get to sign up, the longer the odds of winning, everyone is being entered into the same comps !

The law of diminishing returns if ever I saw one.

Exactly, they are all being entered into the same comp, so there isn't any more prizes being won.

this thread was fantastic bedtime reading, its really helped dull my brain enough to get to sleep :yawn:

we all know exactly what the OP was saying and being pedantic and picking his exact words to pieces is simply pathetic.

I'm glad someone finally mentioned that win24 thing, it is absolute rubbish and hopefully not too many are sucked into signing up to it.

I thought I was missing the point! lol - People going OTT because I used one word which wasn't quite right! If they didn't pick me up on the word 'con', this thread would have been stopped the same/next day it was started, and would have only been a couple of pages :)

We allowed to call it a con now?

CON CON CON!!!

:happy:

No! :headbang:

:happy:

Face it, Alan...you are out voted on this one! xD

CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON !!!

I'm glad we have made that clear!! :D

Can't believe this is still going on.
As for the NOTW, phoning someone's answerphone and getting their messages isn't illegal. Those who don't change their pin numbers aren't doing anything illegal, just stupid.
The illegality of that situation lies in the Police divulging private details in exchange for money, but oddly the emphasis isn't on that side of the story.

As for the Win24 thing, I will say it again, if you break the rules of competitions (using multiple entries for example) then you will not win. This is what Win24 are doing and that is illegal according to the T&Cs of the competitions.

I can only assume, as there are people on here who cannot acknowledge this, that they are refusing to do so because they can see how wrong they are to say this practice is acceptable let alone legal according to the rules of the comps. :yawn: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

What's the betting people who sign up find they win a paltry sum just before they are due to have their membership expire?

As for those who don't know about the national lottery rigging, do a little research. It was all over watchdog.

So are you saying that the Lotto is rigged now, as we speak, or it may have been in the past cos I'm drawing a blank on google?!

As for those who don't know about the national lottery rigging, do a little research. It was all over watchdog.

I'm sorry, but you are totally wrong here. I saw it on Watchdog a couple of years ago, and I did go onto google to see if I was missing anything, but it was exactly what I remember.

It WAS NOT the National Lottery!! - There were these people who sent letters in the post saying they were from the lottery, saying you won, but it wasn't the National Lottery at all.

Would you say Ideal World is a scam if somebody saying they are from IW (eventhough they aren't, and just scammers) Ofcourse not.

How can the National Lottery be a scam. JUST THINK ABOUT THIS... if it was aired on Watchdog, wouldn't it have hit the news and been taken down, and had a massive fine on their hands?

How could they scam? If you have a winning ticket, and they don't give you the winnings, you would report it, and everybody would do this wouldn't they?

How come it is so big, and now even have a lottery across all of Europe?

It isn't a small company we are talking about...This is a company who provides ALL lottery in the UK, they provide all the scratchcards Etc. they handle MILLIONS of pounds per week!! - If a company this big was conning people, and watchdog knew, do you really think it would have been around for over 10 years, and another 2 years since the Watchdog broardcast?

Think about that carefully, and come back to me with a sensible answer.

Here are some links to some information;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8385262.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/02/lottery_scams.html

Last edited:
Win24 have issued the following statement:

1. Win24

Win24 is a competition entry service. People pay a service fee in order to be entered into 175 UK competitions. Each contract detail is very clearly communicated in the initial correspondence Win24 sends. The customer can read all the Win24 terms and conditions and can cancel a membership within their notice period.

2. Win24 does not break any competition rule

Every customer will be entered in 175 competitions according to his/her contract. Win24 does not use competitions where automatic submissions or third party entries are prohibited. Win24 carefully check every single competition concerning its terms and conditions. Win24 are permanently audited by an independent notary.

3. Win24 email addresses

Every customer will get a unique email address to be used to register to free prize draws and to prevent spam on the customers real email address. Win24 check these accounts on a daily basis very carefully, to ensure that they do not miss any communication from a competition host.

If a customer has any questions concerning membership the Win24 customer service hotline is available from Monday to Friday (0845 130 6227)

Win24 have issued the following statement:

1. Win24

Win24 is a competition entry service. People pay a service fee in order to be entered into 175 UK competitions. Each contract detail is very clearly communicated in the initial correspondence Win24 sends. The customer can read all the Win24 terms and conditions and can cancel a membership within their notice period.

2. Win24 does not break any competition rule

Every customer will be entered in 175 competitions according to his/her contract. Win24 does not use competitions where automatic submissions or third party entries are prohibited. Win24 carefully check every single competition concerning its terms and conditions. Win24 are permanently audited by an independent notary.

3. Win24 email addresses

Every customer will get a unique email address to be used to register to free prize draws and to prevent spam on the customers real email address. Win24 check these accounts on a daily basis very carefully, to ensure that they do not miss any communication from a competition host.

If a customer has any questions concerning membership the Win24 customer service hotline is available from Monday to Friday (0845 130 6227)

How much a minute?! LOL!

Put like this.....how could I not sign up?, in fact I'm going to buy two subscriptions....or shall I go for three?...mmmmm:giggle:

Latest posts

Back