Still waiting for plants ordered nearly a month ago!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Midsomer Madness

Registered Shopper
Shambles, shambles, shambles..how IW can sell garden plants and get away with it beggers belief. I ordered some on 3rd July and low and behold am still waiting for delivery. I suspect the damn things will be half dead by the time they arrive. Needless to say the money was taken out of my account on 3rd July, on checking my IW account on line it says delivered expected by 20 July, well that date has been and gone so I emailed IW who said the plants are with Royal Mail and should be delivered by 29 July! I think I might report them to Consumer Direct because they quote delivery as being 7-10 days. I really cross about this and I know I should know better than to order from them having read other threads on here...guess i've learnt my lesson!

when they get delivered, open them and inspect them, if they aren't good then refuse delivery.

i'd be fuming waiting this long for them as i'm sure you wanted to have them planted and out for the summer.

this channel has def gone to the dogs.

It gets worse! I emailed them again 2 days ago to again ask about delivery..today I receive an email from them saying, sorry there was a problem with your order and it was only despatched on 26 July (the day I sent the email), plese allow up to 14 working days for delivery! So by the time these blasted plants get here, they would have beeen sitting on my money for approximately 6-7 weeks! Ok its only £20 but that is not the point. Bunch of con artists if you ask me.

just ring and demand your money back, say you want the order cancelled as they haven't held to the terms and conditions of the sale. They have your money, they have the goods and by the time you get them, you most likely won't be wanting them.

The plants actually arrived yesterday, looking very much the worse for wear. DH wanted to keep them and so has planted them on and must admit they look a bit better today.

I've learnt my lesson though...no more plants from IW!

I won't buy plants or anything else from them either. I ordered twice from them back in May. I managed to get a refund for one order in July after constant calls on their very expensive premium lines. I'm still waiting for a refund on the other order even now so you are very lucky to have received your plants.
It seems to me that they are very quick to take your money but when there is a problem it's can be an absolute nightmare to get a refund with CS constantly apologising as refunds are handled in Peterborough it seems

Think I would have refused these as after going through the post plants are never at their best and it sounds like they may have been going through the post for quite a while! Fingers crossed now they are planted they will be ok :)

Plants are still alive! Received an email from IW today, aplogising and advising I would be getting a full refund including P&P! Result! Still won't buy any plants from them again though.

Latest posts

Back