Wild Experiences - Paradise Wildlife Park

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Has anyone been on one of these packages? Seems a bit expensive just to feed a lion or a tiger...unless it's to cover the insurance just in case one of them eats you! :mysmilie_515:

I expect it may be partly insurance but there is also not much competition in something like this so they can charge a higher price as you can't shop around with it being quite an unique opportunity.

I expect it may be partly insurance but there is also not much competition in something like this so they can charge a higher price as you can't shop around with it being quite an unique opportunity.

But what's so unique about pushing some meat through the fence? It's not worth £168.

They are also offering an experience to meet some red pandas. Before you all go to book this thinking you're gonna cuddle some big cute cuddly pandas (like the one in the You Tube video who was scared witless when her baby cub sneezed), Red Pandas are tiny, they like more like tiny monkeys. Whoop-di-doo... :wait:

A very expensive trip to the zoo, but then days out with the family are really expensive. I guess if you've got plenty of money to spare then the "experience" for 6 would make a great children's party. I know you get all the twiddly bits but I'm sure if you go to the park direct, they'll have plenty of family deals for a lot less, where you will see animals being fed, hear talks etc etc.

Last edited:
But what's so unique about pushing some meat through the fence? It's not worth £168.

They are also offering an experience to meet some red pandas. Before you all go to book this thinking you're gonna cuddle some big cute cuddly pandas (like the one in the You Tube video who was scared witless when her baby cub sneezed), Red Pandas are tiny, they like more like tiny monkeys. Whoop-di-doo... :wait:

Sounds like it’s not for you!

I’m sure a lot of people would love to do it – I know my wife would. It’s the fact you can get a lot closer to the animals than normal and you also get to go behind the scenes of the zoo and be with the keepers.

The other thing I'm a bit confused about this, for that price are you being given a personalised tour for the two of you with a keeper? Or are you lumped together with a big group, which in that case the package is overpriced. You can get better deals and far less expensive experience packages at a number of other wildlife institutions.

From what I remember when I saw this a while back it was a personalised group with just the two of you.

Well I think red pandas are gorgeous, and it's a bit patronising to assume we think they are the same as giant pandas :smirk:

Latest posts

Back