...But Where's The Love?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tvshopper

Registered Shopper
I snapped up a 1 carat ring, 14k White gold at £799 and it arrived this morning.

Lovely diamonds, heavy gold, cardboard box...:wonder:

Now, I know that this isn't Iliana so I know I ain't getting a wooden box...but a cheap purple cardboard box and clear bag for an eight hundred quid ring? The same box that you put your cheapest jewellery in?

For shame TJC...:mysmilie_865:

Tvs

Last edited:
I snapped up a 1 carat ring, 14k White gold at £799 and it arrived this morning.

Now, I know that this isn't Iliana so I know I ain't getting a wooden box...but a cheap purple cardboard box and clear bag for an eight hundred quid ring? The same box that you put your cheapest jewellery in?

Tvs

OMG, not the lilac box with the magnetic curved flap???? I thought they just used those for the cheap stuff from the rising auctions. :eek:

OMG, not the lilac box with the magnetic curved flap???? I thought they just used those for the cheap stuff from the rising auctions. :eek:

A magnetic closed flap? I should be so lucky - this is a small square box with a square lid...you know...the type you get when you buy a bit of tat jewellery from a Market stall.

A magnetic closed flap? I should be so lucky - this is a small square box with a square lid...you know...the type you get when you buy a bit of tat jewellery from a Market stall.

Yep I know what you mean, the ones with magnetic closure is awful, cheap cardboard, poorly stuck together etc... I would be furious if I had spent a lot of money on an item and it was sent in a cheap box like that.

Crikey, so this would be the latest one with not even a flap and magnetic catch, but the two-parter old stylee push one part over the other. I get these and am perfectly happy with them so don't know what you're on about. Oh yeah, wait a mo', I've been paying £7-14 (not a zero in sight) on clearance to get these little beauties.

What were they thinking. You wouldn't want to present that to anyone would you, they'd think it was a fake.

In the middle of writing this I've just received a reply to a simple query I sent a full 24 hours ago. I've found the service very hit and miss lately. Excellent courier service, but really poor post. Guess what? It's coming by postie so they're blaming the riots, and there's an "issue" with a piece I'm waiting for - that old chestnut "quality control". Well I've had mail every day this week even though the milkies are not delivering (I'm on the border of Ealing - just a few houses away) and so from Twickers I can't see the problem. However, in general I can't complain personally because bargain-wise I do very well, but if I was spending real money I'd be very disappointed. Come back Miles! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've had the same problem, I decided not to keep the item but I logged my extreme disappointment in the packaging to returns note !

You could always try emailing Miles' replacement - extract from his email says

'queries with regards to purchases, please contact Mike Wall, Operations Manager on 0208 783 3444 or at [email protected] who will be more than happy to assist.'

I agree the packaging should reflect the item and the price at which you purchased it. Hope someone from TJC is reading this thread.

I think TJC in general is shocking at the moment! I emailed the personal shopper on Tuesday morning about an item i wanted to purchase, still no reply and the item I wanted has just sold on air (just as I flicked on) :(
I also emailed CS Monday 11.00am about an item in my basket, Guess what no reply and my basket was empted, so I will take my money else where!

That's disgraceful, supposing someone bought it to propose?

Email Mike Wall and get him earning his money, I'm sure they will send you a proper box - we know Miles would have done!!!

I was far from impressed by TJC's recent replies to me. Eventually they agreed to refund my postage both ways but they were adamant the ring was the size quoted, it wasn't measured it myself, currently awaiting a cheque, not holding my breath that it will arrive.

I understand your concerns but honestly, I'd be more annoyed if the diamond ring was of poor quality. You can pick up a box from anywhere but getting a great looking ring can be a lottery. I'd second what others have said and that's to contact TJC and ask them for a nicer box. I'm sure they'll be able to help.

I think it is important. Of course a good box can be obtained elsewhere, but at this level of spending why should you have to go to that trouble. Mainly though, I don't think you get quite the same wow factor after struggling into a tatty old cardboard box. Whilst I generally hate expensive packaging used to brighten up tatty goods, I do think presentation is important and a company that presents its high end goods poorly, commercially will rue the day. It's just plain sloppy and doesn't reflect well on a company. xxxxxxx

I was far from impressed by TJC's recent replies to me. Eventually they agreed to refund my postage both ways but they were adamant the ring was the size quoted, it wasn't measured it myself, currently awaiting a cheque, not holding my breath that it will arrive.
I ordered a ring from TJC recently, it was a size O and my finger is a size N (this is the 2nd ring I have ordered from TJC and sent back because of sizing issues.) Well I could only just get it on my size N finger and that was with a struggle to get it off again. So I sent it back. Then I ordered something from the Rachel Galley range and was sent the wrong item, so I contacted them and asked them to refund my postage (both ways.) I had to send a copy of my receipt from the Post Office, so like you I am waiting ever so patiently! I'm not ordering anymore.

I think it is important. Of course a good box can be obtained elsewhere, but at this level of spending why should you have to go to that trouble. Mainly though, I don't think you get quite the same wow factor after struggling into a tatty old cardboard box. Whilst I generally hate expensive packaging used to brighten up tatty goods, I do think presentation is important and a company that presents its high end goods poorly, commercially will rue the day. It's just plain sloppy and doesn't reflect well on a company. xxxxxxx

I'm sure it's likely to be an oversight and they should be given the opportunity to put it right, I can't beleive this is now the norm especially when the cost difference is negligible

Tvs

What a shame, have you contacted CS and asked for the correct box to be posted to you. I say this as a while back I bought an expensive Rhapsody emerald ring and it turned up in a Iliana box. I called CS and they said it was a mistake and sent me the correct box.

I met Mike Wall recetnly and I am sure that he will deal with yoiur request immediately.

I can only imagine it's a genuine misake and they would be more than happy to send the correct box to you. I think it's always worth contacting CS first when a mistake has clearly been made because a company should be given the chance to correct it. It's how they deal with their mistakes that gives you a true picture of a company. Miles was second to none, so hopefully his replacement is following in his footsteps.

I have actually received some 14ct earrings in an Iliana box and was told that the other option would have been the packaging used for cheaper items . The irony is that when I ordered these earrings on the web, the description referred to them as Iliana earrings albeit in 14ct gold and I wondered if TJC had set Iliana quality in 14ct at some stage. I rang them as the Cert of Authenticity had the wrong no of diamonds shown and no mention of Iliana and I asked if they could send me a new Cert . CS manager rang me back and said earrings are not Iliana as they are always 18ct what do you want us to do about it .They have agreed that I can return for a refund . She kept asking me where I had read that they were Iliana although she was supposedly looking at the description which was on the web . She did make me feel that I was making a fuss and I should have known better. I am still deciding whether to keep them or not.

I have actually received some 14ct earrings in an Iliana box and was told that the other option would have been the packaging used for cheaper items . The irony is that when I ordered these earrings on the web, the description referred to them as Iliana earrings albeit in 14ct gold and I wondered if TJC had set Iliana quality in 14ct at some stage. I rang them as the Cert of Authenticity had the wrong no of diamonds shown and no mention of Iliana and I asked if they could send me a new Cert . CS manager rang me back and said earrings are not Iliana as they are always 18ct what do you want us to do about it .They have agreed that I can return for a refund . She kept asking me where I had read that they were Iliana although she was supposedly looking at the description which was on the web . She did make me feel that I was making a fuss and I should have known better. I am still deciding whether to keep them or not.

They do occasionally set their New York range with Iliana quality diamonds i.e. G-H colour but they tend to be I1 clarity so I suspect that that's what you have, they're almost Iliaina but slightly cheaper, I've bought two or three ot these pieces and have been very pleased with all of them

Exactly. How would you feel if you spent £800 on a dress and they banged it in a brown paper bag? Still consider that it doesn't matter cos 'the item is the thing'? Or would you perhaps feel like your custom was not valued in any way whatsoever and it's a case of " now give me your money and p*ss off"

Tvs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back