Gloria the magnet woman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pickles

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see Gloria the other night? Where has she been all this time - 8 years they said since she was last on. Didn't she sell the company? Everything seemed to be selling really well so obviously there were a lot of people who remembered her from before.

I may be wrong, but didn't they have some ASA problems with being unable to substantiate claims that were made?

That would explain why Shaun kept saying that there was no medical evidence to support anything they were saying!!

Are you talking about those bracelet thingies which are supposed to help with joint pain? As an old nurse, I know they don't work BUT as a pain sufferer I have to say I get immense relief from mine and have worn it for years. I know I have double standards, but if it works for you why knock it?

I remember a patient coming in to A&E once with a slipped disc, he couldn't move. I whispered in his ear to get himself to a good osteopath instead of hospital and 2 weeks later he walked into the department with a big bunch of flowers for me.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't slagging it off.
I remember Steve doing a demo with the bracelet on and off and how much more strength he had with it on. I also remember people ringing in saying how the different magnets were helping them.
I think it's just a bit of a fuzzy area, like some other things are, but if it works for an individual then that is a small price to pay.

I've worn my Norstar magnets bracelet since the day they were launched. I bought them for my two sons too and they never get taken off. I also extol the virtues of the coaster. Mine has been used so much it's beginning to fall to pieces and needs to be replaced, but it really does take the nasty taste out of water, even from my water filter. It also can take the harsh edge out of tea.

When we had our golden retriever at home (sadly he passed many years ago now), he started to get unwell in his old age. When it started, we'd put the magnets under his water bowl. Of course, he never knew what was going on but within a couple of days, he's be up and about like a pup again. I'm convinced that it helped him a lot :)

I spoke to her and Steve on air once re the dog collars for my boxers. That was before I realised what a scam IW were running. Also, Steve did add some respectability to the channel. Since his sad demise, I don't tune in to this poor excuse for a shopping outlet.
p.s. didn't buy the collars and, as things turned out, I'm pleased I didn't.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back