I've had fun today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

argeybargey

Retired - Don't Quite Fit
I've had fun with the under £10 day today. They had a wide variety of Murano glass, other than necklaces, that weren't pretending to be anything other than glass and strictly fun pieces. So far I've nabbed six, which may be my lot as it's slowly descending into the 'orrible dyed agit territory, but it's a definite thumbs up from me for this fun and up-to-date type of costume jewellery as opposed to poor quality "pretending to be something it isn't" stuff. I also liked knowing what price I was going to pay as opposed to sitting there for hours like a proper twit waiting for a price that's turns out to be unacceptable or unaffordable which leads to disappointment.

These are what I have bought but, as usual, the images do them no service whatsoever. I wouldn't have bought any of these from the catalogue if I hadn't seen them live. They are bright, extremely pretty and the red and white one is a particularly disappointing image as, whilst the white is opaque, the red is transparent, with a beautiful ribbon of black and gold running around the centre. Similar story with the blue/green piece at the beginning. Loss of contrast between opaque and traansparent and no sign of gold. I also have the same in pink as the all blue one (No.2), the beads that look odd are in fact properly matching but with an ab coating that hasn't liked the lighting used for imaging. A shame really as, if you haven't seen them, you'll not appreciate the vibrance of them.

All sold out apart from the odd bits that haven't been finalised for whatever reason (and not many). I, unusually, completed the sale individually after each auction in order to protect them. I generally can't be bothered with all the palaver and wait for my basket to fill or just prior to time out.
xxxxxxxx

Attachments

• 856393.jpg
    856393.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 868896.jpg
    868896.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 883182.jpg
    883182.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 216
  • 883186.jpg
    883186.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 868900.jpg
    868900.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Me too Argey, bought one very similar to your No1, really liked No2 but it sold out before I could nab one. Am Christmas shopping for my step-grandchildren and niece, plus for me! I shall watch on-line tonight for a while. Love Murano glass and these suit my Christmas pocket! . :sun:

They look very pretty,Argey............I especially like the one with the square jobbies for some reason,well funky!!:rock:

Nice to see ya back 'n all....enjoy!!:nod:

I've had fun with the under £10 day today. They had a wide variety of Murano glass, other than necklaces, that weren't pretending to be anything other than glass and strictly fun pieces. So far I've nabbed six, which may be my lot as it's slowly descending into the 'orrible dyed agit territory, but it's a definite thumbs up from me for this fun and up-to-date type of costume jewellery as opposed to poor quality "pretending to be something it isn't" stuff. I also liked knowing what price I was going to pay as opposed to sitting there for hours like a proper twit waiting for a price that's turns out to be unacceptable or unaffordable which leads to disappointment.

These are what I have bought but, as usual, the images do them no service whatsoever. I wouldn't have bought any of these from the catalogue if I hadn't seen them live. They are bright, extremely pretty and the red and white one is a particularly disappointing image as, whilst the white is opaque, the red is transparent, with a beautiful ribbon of black and gold running around the centre. Similar story with the blue/green piece at the beginning. Loss of contrast between opaque and traansparent and no sign of gold. I also have the same in pink as the all blue one (No.2), the beads that look odd are in fact properly matching but with an ab coating that hasn't liked the lighting used for imaging. A shame really as, if you haven't seen them, you'll not appreciate the vibrance of them.

All sold out apart from the odd bits that haven't been finalised for whatever reason (and not many). I, unusually, completed the sale individually after each auction in order to protect them. I generally can't be bothered with all the palaver and wait for my basket to fill or just prior to time out.
xxxxxxxx

Hi argeybargey, what haul!

I love murano glass and bougth a few "sweets" for my glass jar in Vienice a few years ago @2/3 euro per item. The the prices are very very good and look lovely.

Me too Argey, bought one very similar to your No1, really liked No2 but it sold out before I could nab one. Am Christmas shopping for my step-grandchildren and niece, plus for me! I shall watch on-line tonight for a while. Love Murano glass and these suit my Christmas pocket! . :sun:

There's a purple one that didn't sell at tea-time, and if you like it you may still be able to pick one up on "missed auctions" where it's listed in the 5-6.00p.m. hour. xxxxxxx

No flipping wonder I couldn't buy anything when you've been snatching them all up Lurgey!!

You've basically taken the words right out of my mouth in the words of the mighty Meatloaf, who, thanks to 20 months of steroids I am now beginning to resemble :tongue: I thought the pieces today were lovely and extremely cheap for Murano Glass. They fairly fled out the door! I can understand TJC selling this costume jewellery when it's obviously bringing in a very good income for them. The pieces today were classy and I for one would not have any issues wearing any of them.

Love your buys Lurgey me old mucker xx

Well done on that colourful selection of bracelets Argey, love the mixed colours of the last one especially. Am a bit miffed me......I could see the under £10 banner on the EPG and Chloe mentioned Murano glass, yet she kept selling the few hundred quid stuff in Tanzanite/Diamonds instead!
So I gave up......:doh:

I have been let astray by Argey!

After watching and saying no I am going to be good, I caved in this monring and bought two necklaces (blue and black/silver) and the 3 x mulit colour bracelet set.

I will post pictures when they arrive. All sold out apart from a 3 red necklaces price just under £20 Also they had earrings to match which makes a change!

Well done on that colourful selection of bracelets Argey, love the mixed colours of the last one especially. Am a bit miffed me......I could see the under £10 banner on the EPG and Chloe mentioned Murano glass, yet she kept selling the few hundred quid stuff in Tanzanite/Diamonds instead!
So I gave up......:doh:

I hate it when they do this. You sit down at a point when you've got some time, only to find them spending an age flogging something totally different to the specified day. Maybe instead of "days", it would be better if they had a properly structured and listed set of hours. If they want to break up a day to accommodate folk wanting something else, then list it, so we don't waste our time and end up disgruntled (never a good thing for your customers to feel).

I understand that the response to the Murano caught them off guard, it was selling out so quickly I could see why a presenter might feel a sense of excitement - commission or not, but there was a good selection (if not quantities) of pieces and I do question why Chloe got it all instead of it being shared throughout the day. Anyone unable to watch early mornings will have missed most of it. I do hope they're able to get some more. So much better than brass rings and wannabe gemstones. It was a perfect example that there is good costume jewellery out there, even for the higher end market if you look around, and the trick is not to pretend it's something it ain't. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just caught up with this thread and argey what can I say - lovely selection of bracelets. Well done you. Haven't watched TJC so missed these.

Hi all

See my haul! They are nicer than the pictures and very pretty!

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 250
They are lovely SB.

They'd obviously sold out by the evening so below was my only purchase, hope they have them again I wanted some of the pendant sets. Isn't it nice to be saying something positive about TJC for a change!

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/Common/medium/868895.jpg

Hi Frazzled,

Your bracelet is lovely, I was going to buy and put the phone down.
I love blue and I am pleased that you managed to buy your bracelet.

Latest posts

Back