Ellis' selling point for the pelvic floor exerciser......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
The poor ladies in a residential/nursing home smelling of urine because they didn't do their pelvic floor exercises. My DD hung her head aghast and said the odour problem was more to do with dementia. So so true. She was also aghast the exerciser could be returned. I explained selling regs to her and really 14days MBG is not long enough to see if this contraption has worked surely.

I watched a bit of the 4pm show.
She started to read a review that somebody had left for it, then she pretended she couldn't read any more because she was too upset/about to cry, that this persons life had been changed soooooooo much for the better.

It was embarrassing to watch, I can't stand her at the best of times, but this performance was pathetic.
The woman is the female equivalent of Craig Rowe.

I watched a bit of the 4pm show.
She started to read a review that somebody had left for it, then she pretended she couldn't read any more because she was too upset/about to cry, that this persons life had been changed soooooooo much for the better.

It was embarrassing to watch, I can't stand her at the best of times, but this performance was pathetic.
The woman is the female equivalent of Craig Rowe.

I saw that too, made me want to vomit. I felt like ringing up and shouting. 'Don't buy this crap you can get proper help on the NHS for nowt' I doubt though, I 'd have got any further than 'Don't buy thi...' before they cut me off.

Ellis "And don't forget the vagina and penis are a part of the human body and everyone has them "

Errr, I think that's only if you're a hermaphrodite, :wink:

I think they destroy the ones that are returned?

They do say some stupid things though, to worry their audience no doubt :doh:

Ellis Ward is truly a horrible person!
I had no time for her before this presentation and I have even less now.
Has this woman no morals whatsoever!
Truly the scum of the earth in my opinion!

Ellis Ward is truly a horrible person!
I had no time for her before this presentation and I have even less now.
Has this woman no morals whatsoever!
Truly the scum of the earth in my opinion!

What? I think that's a bit uncalled for, my friend!

I believe her when she says she's suffered from the "unmentionable problem", but I am a bit doubtful that her "cure" is all down to this little machine. However, I'm sure there are people who would rather try the machine rather than go to the doctor/clinic/be seen in the chemist buying Tena ladys....Who knows....it might work!

IMO, she took the "sensitivity/sympathy" a little too far,it came over as false, and possibly made a few viewers who may be suffering think they've got a disability rather than a treatable condition. She was most certainly right when she was saying how this subject is taboo....and how it should't be. I work in a supermarket, and the amount of elderly ladies who purchase pantie liners, even sanitary towels is nobody's business...they're obviously too embarrassed to buy incontinence products...why?

Thought Joanne presented the product much better, as she managed to give all the facts without all the false sincerity.

Didn't she do a demonstration?

She could have got that 'elderly woman' who pees everywhere in Little Britain as her demonstration model. :tongue:

Some IW presenters...

...what a load of old sh*t!

I don't think that Ellis is horrible. It is a difficult subject to talk about and she just needs to understand when to stop. There is a fine line between empathy and sermonising. There are many causes of bladder weakness and incontinence, pelvis floor muscles are not always the problem. As others have said, there are treatments which you can get free of charge on the NHS, some may work but some people may actually require surgical remedy. I would always advise consulting your GP before buying expensive apparatus which may not be effective (sorry, nursey cap on again!)

Inge :wave:

Let's be honest, IW have been taking the p!$$ for years.

This is nowt new.

I work in a supermarket, and the amount of elderly ladies who purchase pantie liners, even sanitary towels is nobody's business...they're obviously too embarrassed to buy incontinence products...why?

I can't see what's wrong with a woman buying pantie liners, whatever her age. I'd hate to feel that someone on a supermarket checkout or in a chemist is thinking I'm weird or incontinent because I buy them. I'm 57 by the way.

I can't see what's wrong with a woman buying pantie liners, whatever her age. I'd hate to feel that someone on a supermarket checkout or in a chemist is thinking I'm weird or incontinent because I buy them. I'm 57 by the way.

That's not what I meant....as far as I'm concerned you can buy what you like. The reason I wrote that was to reiterate what Ellis was saying and that was that incontinence is a taboo subject and people are ashamed of having the problem,and she'd like to see a change to this.....and when I said elderly ladies, I meant elderly ladies, who obviously won't be having periods any more but still buy sanitary towels...ok I'm only guessing why they're buying them, and that is because they are suffering from incontinence in one way or another...perhaps they're buying them for someone else, or using them as dusters..who knows - it's up to them, but if it is for the former it seems a shame that there are specific products on the market that perhaps would be more fit for purpose, but people seem too embarrassed to buy them. You said it yourself, you wouldn't anyone thinking you're incontinent and weird?!!!! Who said weird? Not me!

Last edited:
Basically Ellis Ward is a false person,so seeing her trying to put on a caring attitude makes my skin crawl!
She is patronising,and completely over the top.
Busier and Busier and Busier is one of her most annoying sayings which she uses constantly, and which is totally untrue.
Does she think that the British public are thick to believe the tripe that comes out of her mouth.
Oh and please do something with that fringe.............:angry:

Latest posts

Back