POTD Vitamix Refurbished

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LOL......."You can get maps that show speed cameras"
Basically my friend you should not be reading a map whilst driving,as it could be disastrously fatal.
Now then what safety features has a over priced food mixer got that can compare with a sat nav,it doesn't take a lot of thinking about as there are none.

Oh and your description of the benefits in forking out nearly £400 for a food mixer obviously do stand up for scrutiny don't they?

''Basically my friend you should not be reading a map whilst driving,as it could be disastrously fatal.'' Nor should you be speeding in the first place...haven't you seen the adverts about the changes of survival being hit by a car going 30mph against 40mph? You think sat navs are good as they show you were speed cameras are? If you stuck to the law, there wouldn't be any need for those!

''Now then what safety features has a over priced food mixer got that can compare with a sat nav,it doesn't take a lot of thinking about as there are none'' Why are we narrowing it down to safert features now? lmao I could just as well turn round and say ''What blending features has a sat nav got?'' and as you say ''it doesn't take a lot of thinking about as there are none.''

I'm not sure if you are aware, but I started the tread off, and I'm sure you will see I was not backing it in any way, but I always like to see every side of the argument, and if you saw my first post you would see that.

You had me puzzled for a moment there as I even googled the word "Actifire" but could not find a description so I presume you meant "Actifry" made by Tefal.
Stay well clear of this product as I know someone who has purchased this and they say that the chips and other vegetables are horrible and undercooked which can also be seen on the presentation by both of the experienced chefs who usually front the presentation.
The Phillips Airfryer is far better for the same price,and the chips taste like the ones your Grandma used to make ..............:clapping:

I love my actifry. My chips are not undercooked or horrible. I use it several times a week and would not be without it

I love my actifry. My chips are not undercooked or horrible. I use it several times a week and would not be without it

Love mine too, chips are beautiful and cook perfectly

Trouble with the Philips is it has no paddle so you have to keep taking the items out and shaking them , plus there is no viewing window.

I have had both and prefer the Philips AirFyer even though you do have to shake it and there is no viewing window. It can cook quicker and seems to crisps up things nicer - I would recommend it to anyone.

The World must have gone mad...!
£399.99 for a food mixer...........:doh:
I am sure that there are more needed things that people could buy for such a large amount of dosh.
Don't those idiots at IW realise that there is a bleeding recession in this country ?
Pass me the remote love,while I throw it at the telly..........:headbang:

I don't own them, but I assume that the Vitamix and Bamix are the Bentleys of the kitchen world and are extremely well made and durable (noticed the other day that the Bamix has a 10 year guarantee).
JBD, I appreciate you singing the praises of the Vitamix and giving us examples of how it can be used, but you absolutely don't need to justify having bought one on here. Plenty of people must want them as otherwise the 'idiots' at IW wouldn't keep giving them airtime and if I had a pound for every time I've read 'don't they know there's a recession on?" on this Forum, I'd be able to buy one of each myself!

I watched the presentation of the Vitamix today and noticed how loud they were when being used.I also noticed that Ideal World were placing them in sound proof containers because they sound like a 747 taking off.
I wonder if they also supply a sound proof container when the public buy one as I would hate to wake the neighbours in the morning when I am preparing my carrot and turnip smoothie..........:whew:

Latest posts

Back