WHO IS Christin Lars?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Florbela

Registered Shopper
apparently it's the best in watchmaking...best quality small price...really? i have my doubts...

apparently it's the best in watchmaking...best quality small price...really? i have my doubts...

I think it's a name made up to sound as if it's Scandinavian because the Skagen name and style of watch has become so popular. I actually bought one for OH, and only because I liked the look of the watch. It looks lovely, and so far has kept good time. I tried to do a bit of research myself and I believe the watches are made here in the UK as opposed to the far east. Cheap n' cheerful, would definitely recommend.

Knowing what the Sit-up Network is like, surely there is a letter "a" missing in "Christin" and an "i" missing in "Lars"? :taphead:

Well, not 'well known' at all! :p I just put 'christin lars' into google, and the top 2 results show www.pricedropper.co.uk (their sister website) and lots of posts show www.bid.tv and www.pricedrop.tv AND 4 down, actually shows this thread! pmsl!!

I'm not going to say they are bad watches, as I've never had one, and they seem to sell them frequently, so buyers much like them. - They have even brought out a higher end range of them.

High end watches? No
Well known? No
Good quality? Quite possibly.

Remember they are a discount channel, and would rather bring brands you don't know at low prices.

Its like you could get a Sony TV for £400, which you could get one with the same specs from an unknown brand for £300. Many would buy the Sony one, as they buy brands they know. But many would buy the £300 one, as it is better value for money. Those customers are the people who watch bid. :)

How ironic.....they are selling one on bid now! :p

Last edited:
When they did the first megadrops years ago I managed to get a few watches for £1, one of the names was Gianno Sabitini and a few with obviously made up fancy designer sounding names that I can't remember. They all had a guarantee card in with them and the address of the manufacturer was the same place for them all, somewhere in the north of England. They were ok I suppose for what I paid for them which was approx £10 with phone call and P&P. The real bargain megadrops were the Maurice Lacroix watches - now they are a good make and retailed at over £500!

Same with the 'award-winning bag designers' Tommy & Kate that no-one's ever heard of - what award was that then - the Sit-Up channel best bag award? :giggle:

Last edited:
I wonder if just like Tommy & Kate this watch brand is owned by sit-up?

I don't think 'Tommy and Kate' is owned by sit-up, as I've seen their items in other shops. BUT I think Bid tv are obviously their main buyer, and would do anything for them, as that is where they get near enough all of their money from! - Thats why they will be special 'exclusive' bags Etc.

I think the same is with these watches! :) They have a good friendship with them.

Do you remember Ikasu all those years back, or even Akura? I thought they were owned by bid, but not! lol I've seen a lot of the 'chili technology' items too :)

"Christian" Lars watch just been on speed auction. According to the presenter "Danish design, designed in the Netherlands" :grin:

Latest posts

Back