Orange and yellow saphire rings from TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheekymonkey240

Registered Shopper
ok so here is two rings i ordered

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/ProductDetail.aspx?StockCode=759630&ISFPC=true

the second one i cant find on the site so this is the main details

Platinum Overlay Sterling Silver Orange Sapphire Ring Size O 1.900 Ct. £29.95

I recieved them today. Opened them and my yellow saphire ring the end saphire looked as if it was cracked at first but im not sure because i held it in the light and it looks as if theres this strange patch on top of the sapphire and it looks white under this patch? Im freaking out now would this mean its been coated?

The orange sapphire ring is fine and is actually very pretty and vibrant orange. Just really worrying now they both could be coated :( I havent ordered with them before aswell. Have you guys ever recieved any dodgey rings from them? Specially sapphires.

As far as I'm aware, Sapphires are not coated. There could be a number of answers here but without photos (and even with them) it's just a stab in the dark to know what's happened. They could, for example, have some gunk left on them from the setting process, they could have an oily sheen or a host of other things! If you love the ring, I would contact customer service and tell them of the problem and then try washing the ring in lukewarm water and scrub lightly with a toothbrush and some washing up liquid. Dry with a piece of kitchen roll and then look at the stones again. If the problem is still there think about sending it back.

One thing for definite is that they will not be natural untreated sapphires. They will be BE diffused to get the colour. About 95% of orange and yellow sapphires are routinely BE treated and that's how they can get the colour uniformity forthe rings.

Hope that helps.

Hi thanks for replying to this question aswell lol :) Yeah i dont mind the thought of treated gemstones aslong as theres no coating on them. Yeah i did think about that after leaving this thread. I looked at the back of the sapphire from underneath and it looked like it had glue or something on it. Im still not sure though. I also noticed theres two little holes on the actual ring as if its been chipped or something. I can actually see the stone through the hole. I want to send it back its just all the hassel of having to send it back.

Can you take any photos of the ring? That would help.

Where are the holes in the ring?

Well i dont have a decent enough camera to be able to show really. The holes are at the side of the ring around where the stones have been put in. One on each side. :/ Think i should send it back really its not good at all.

no its definately not part of the design. Its like two chips into the metal and can see the sapphire through it.

Latest posts

Back