Stop treating us like idiots IW

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Just watching the Leonovo All In One PC show and the fella is showing how much we can save.

"You're not going to save £20". Shows £20 note.

"You're not going to save £40". Shows another £20 note.

"You're not going to save £60". Shows yet another £20 note.

...You get the picture.

I know you guys have to fill up the time but purlease...

I didn't see this showing but would I be right in saying that it was that "Taffy" bloke Howard who was presenting the show,as I can recall him doing a similar thing presenting a Tom Tom show a couple of days ago.The vast majority IW presenters are patronising robots and Howard is up well up there at the top of the league with Ellis Ward and her "Mini Me" Joanne the South African bint......:wonder:

I saw Howard doing this about a week or so ago when the TomTom was the 'pick of the day' when they had a 'cash back' offer thing, where you ring them to get a certain amount on money back....he started waving his £20 notes then! :/ lmao

And he was showing irrelevant things to the sat nav in the hour like 4/8gb memory sticks...and then he showed a Sat nav case for £14.99 and he said (while waving the £20 notes around) ''You could say you get this for free with your money back, as the price of the case is less than your money back.....'' Eventhought the 'pick of the day' with the cash back included a case! lol

Howard also constantly loves telling us about "Stock updates".
I remember watching one presentation of a Lap top were in the space of five minutes he had five stock updates and it went something like this.
"I don't mean to frighten you but we only have 3 % of stock left".
A minute later "We now have less than 1 % of today's stock left"
A minute later "I have just got a message in my ear folks,and we now have less than 0.6 % of stock left,sorry that has now been reduced to 0.3 % of stock left as they are literally flying out of the window".
Me and the Mrs could not believe what we were hearing, 0.6% and 0.3% of stock do they really think we are thick and cannot see through their lies.
Mrs Horatio quickly changed channels before she damaged the TV with a self propelled remote control,and I made a cuppa.....:tongue:
Even with only 0.3 % of stock left they were still trying to flog the Laptop a week later.........:wonder:

Last edited:
Howard also constantly loves telling us about "Stock updates".
I remember watching one presentation of a Lap top were in the space of five minutes he had five stock updates and it went something like this.
"I don't mean to frighten you but we only have 3 % of stock left".
A minute later "We now have less than 1 % of today's stock left"
A minute later "I have just got a message in my ear folks,and we now have less than 0.6 % of stock left,sorry that has now been reduced to 0.3 % of stock left as they are literally flying out of the window".
Me and the Mrs could not believe what we were hearing, 0.6% and 0.3% of stock do they really think we are thick and cannot see through their lies.
Mrs Horatio quickly changed channels before she damaged the TV with a self propelled remote control,and I made a cuppa.....:tongue:
Even with only 0.3 % of stock left they were still trying to flog the Laptop a week later.........:wonder:

He done the same todat at 7:40 with the 'Lenovo computer''

All the following was said between 7:40pm-7:45pm

''We are 85% sold out and have 15% of our stock remaining, oh, its now only 12% left...''
''My producer said we would be limited at quater to eight, we not only have 12% left **Limited stock flashes** oh we are above schedule, we only have 10% left, and are limited stock''
''We have 10% left. oh, we must have everybody who wants a computer across england, ireland, scotland and wales today tuning in and buying, as we now only have 9% left...''
''Lenovo themselves are watching tonight, and with only 8% remaining, it may not last the show. We started the show with 80% stock gone, and are now in our last few of these....''
''I'm not sure if these will last the hour, as we now have just over 7% remaining, let me re phrase that, now less than 7% remaining.''
''If you are not on the phone now, I urge you to do it now, and check out your baskets on the website, as we have 6% remaining''

If he wants all this info given, why not have the % left when it gts to limited? lol

He done the same todat at 7:40 with the 'Lenovo computer''

All the following was said between 7:40pm-7:45pm

''We are 85% sold out and have 15% of our stock remaining, oh, its now only 12% left...''
''My producer said we would be limited at quater to eight, we not only have 12% left **Limited stock flashes** oh we are above schedule, we only have 10% left, and are limited stock''
''We have 10% left. oh, we must have everybody who wants a computer across england, ireland, scotland and wales today tuning in and buying, as we now only have 9% left...''
''Lenovo themselves are watching tonight, and with only 8% remaining, it may not last the show. We started the show with 80% stock gone, and are now in our last few of these....''
''I'm not sure if these will last the hour, as we now have just over 7% remaining, let me re phrase that, now less than 7% remaining.''
''If you are not on the phone now, I urge you to do it now, and check out your baskets on the website, as we have 6% remaining''

If he wants all this info given, why not have the % left when it gts to limited? lol

Truly unbelievable my friend......!
Just who trains these people ?

I think they are all trained on market stalls, ie: Don't give me £20, don't give me £10, give me £5, yes, £5 only!!!!!
:puke:

What a good idea, then we would see if the item really was 'flying off the shelves' after only 10 mins of being on air.

Bennyxp, I wouldn't say exactly but along the same lines, sorry if it stole your thunder...

Don't have the % by the side of the screen but have the actual numbers, QVC almost do this when they actually quote how many are remaining.

Also they treat us like idiots when they tell us they've done the homework for us and quote a couple of price comparisons, for example currys, which proves the value of what they're selling. Don't they ever think we take a quick look ourselves and find lots of shops selling it cheaper. A fair price comparison would show all the prices they found when they were kindly checking for us, not just the ones that suited their purposes.

Also they treat us like idiots when they tell us they've done the homework for us and quote a couple of price comparisons, for example currys, which proves the value of what they're selling. Don't they ever think we take a quick look ourselves and find lots of shops selling it cheaper. A fair price comparison would show all the prices they found when they were kindly checking for us, not just the ones that suited their purposes.

That is right apple!
Have you also noticed that IW never include the P+P when they state the price of an item.
They say "A great offer for £30" when in fact the total price is £35.99 which includes £5.99 P+P,this makes me cringe and everyone of the presenters on IW does this.
DO THEY THINK THAT THE BRITISH PUBLIC IS STUPID...........:mysmilie_365:

And another thing, they always tell us about all the energy costs we're going to save if we buy a halogen oven. If I used this every day , like my oven, it would probably last no more than 2 years. It might not cost much to run but the £60-70 pounds I have spent buying it would have paid all the energy costs of my normal oven (gas I admit) during those 2 years. I won't have saved a penny in real terms.

Latest posts

Back