Make sure you read this before you buy!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

looks to be 4pm to midnight Ingers. then they highlight available items overnight.

Thanks Sammi - its hard to tune in these days to PT shows - but at least when I get in from work I can take a peek.

You know, THIS is what makes shoppingytelly.com THE place to be.

Where else would the experts and owners of sites be readily available to answer queries, well done to Meesh for raising the issue in the first place but how many people out there have the facility of tapping into the company, of actually getting the owners, experts whatever on site, answering questions and putting peoples minds at rest. How many people will read that statement and go off and never buy? the ones who don't get on here thats for sure,

Well done Gav for getting out of the warm sunshine (gggrrrr) and coming in and answering the queries and the same for the Bennetts who do the same, same for BKGemstones etc. Its fabulous service.

THIS is what makes this site like no other so well done Graham, cos if this wasn't here neither would any of us be.

We do have some extremely rare and exclusive products in stock that we literally have in ones and twos. We don't have huge amounts of any individual design because we are trying to offer variety over quantity.

Andrew, any chance that the presenters could tell us the quantity made when it is a very small number? I heard Victoria yesterday talking about a large paraiba tourmaline ring, saying "we literally only made very few of these" (or words to that effect). How few - 3, or 30? I'm guessing it was probably more like 3, so it would be nice to know that.

Your Questions

Hi Guys:

Good news, I am now activated on Shopping Telly and can post all by myself! Heart felt thanks to everyone for their posts. I’m glad that our honest approach is appreciated. We have nothing to hide and consumers have nothing to worry about.

I’ve made some revisions to our ‘Gemstone Enhancements & Care’ page. While I don’t anticipate further significant changes, I will be reviewing the page over the next couple of days, refining as needed. If you every have any questions on this or anything else, please feel free to email [email protected] (and thanks to Jantaculum for the kind words re my email :)).

I’d also like to assure Sammi (and everyone else) that we do peer reviews, but despite best intentions, hiccups sometimes occur. Sorry :(.

Now for the questions…

I was visiting the Rocks & Co website and am very interested in the Matrix Opal, I would like to know if this Opal is treated with sugar and acid. Is it possible to find out more about this ARA? I haven't seen any on Rocks & Co TV yet.

Thanks for the question Huggles. Our Matrix Opal is heated with organic substances. This has been corrected online. For those new to gems, Opals are classified depending on their host rock (also called the ‘matrix’) on which the Opal is formed and their resulting transparency. Matrix Opal is any Opal where the host rock is visible face-up.

It doesn't look like Matrix Opal I've seen before (where you can see the host rock), this looked more like a Black Opal. As with any Opal, colour play will vary from piece to piece and won't be guaranteed.

Yes Meeshoo, it does look a bit like Black Opal. The host rock is the black material; the flashes of colour are the Opal itself. Because of the black contrast, the play of colour is striking and extremely beautiful. Huggles, I am sure you’ll be happy with the play of colour in these Opals.

Similarly, I would never buy coated Tanzanite - can you confirm that the only treatment your Tanzanite will have undergone is heat please?

Once again, Meeshoo you’ve got you finger on the pulse, but in this instance the internet probably has you unnecessarily worried. As per our page, none of our Tanzanite is ever coated. For the vast majority of Tanzanite sold coating is a non issue. As long as you purchase from reputable sellers you don’t have to worry about this.

I hope you manage to get some sleep and that the weather in Thailand is better than in the UK (which is almost guaranteed I'd think)!

Thanks, I am looking very forward to a sit down meal and a good 8 hours sleep. Unfortunately, its wet season in Thailand right now - we’ve had torrential storms all day!

Hope the above helps and as always, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Gavin Linsell

Hey Gavin thanks for clearing things up but in all honesty it WONT put me off buying from rocks at all.

Blimey i have to give credit where credit is due having read this that Rocks are very upfront and open and honest with their treatments if any and sourcing...

It would be amazing to see you Gavin on our screens and of course Don who i loved!!!!!

For me ,this is now the new G**s Tv and its long overdue.I think this will be knocking the socks off the Other side.lol

welcome-back.gif
Gavin

Many thanks for your reply to the concerns raised in Meeshoo's thread and also to Andrew for his reply yesterday.

I was watching at the start of the launch and the very first item, a Tanzanian ruby ring kindled my interest. So when the website was up and running I followed the link to the Enhancements pages, where it details the treatment of this gemstone......
I was rather hoping it would be untreated...:eek: ....oh well... it is still a beautiful gemstone.

There have been comments that Don Kogen is involved with this new venture and I, for one, would be grateful if this could be confirmed....or not. MTIA.

Thank you for the replys to this thread i have found it most interesting and helpful, i also like Sacha was taken by the Tanzanina Rubies and hoped the were not filled etc o'h well!

:) Thanks Gavin for popping in to explain a few things...
It was great to hear from you.

Also can you tell us Gavin is Don Kogan part of Rocks & Co!!!?..(nudge, nude... ;) lol
"Happy Gem Hunting Gavin keep bringing us the unusual gemstones"!!

Rocks and co not sure about it yet
nice to see meeshoo posting again I would be interested to know how she got on with the recall stuff on gems as i had no luck with the c.s personally ,if you'd like to share what happened if anything with your recalled items i'd be interested to know .

Andrew, any chance that the presenters could tell us the quantity made when it is a very small number? I heard Victoria yesterday talking about a large paraiba tourmaline ring, saying "we literally only made very few of these" (or words to that effect). How few - 3, or 30? I'm guessing it was probably more like 3, so it would be nice to know that.

Thanks Miss magpie I will pass that onto Vicky and the producers. We had a few rings that fit your discrition. Some there were three of and some only two. But I agree we should let you know how many are in stock when there is low numbers. Thanks for the feedback

Thanks Gavin once again for your comprehensive replies.

I just wanted to tell you that coated Tanzanite has appeared in the UK (sold, unfortunately by reputable companies to unsuspecting customers) - hence my concern. I believe the companies were selling these in good faith but had obviously been let down by their suppliers. You'll be pleased to know that I don't believe what I read on the internet!!! Good to know that Rocks and Co won't ever be selling it though.

Last edited:
Firstly, please let me assure you that none of our Diamonds are laser drilled, coated, pressure heated or fractured filled. An overzealous assistant and my heavy work load resulted in an earlier draft being uploaded. I sincerely apologise for this oversight and promise I’ll correct this first thing tomorrow.

ARA

Oh dear, Gemstone Gav. Absolutely nothing in this post made me change my mind. Quite the opposite, in fact. I would also love to know why 'an earlier draft' of yours contained so much contradictory information.

You know, THIS is what makes shoppingytelly.com THE place to be.

Where else would the experts and owners of sites be readily available to answer queries, well done to Meesh for raising the issue in the first place but how many people out there have the facility of tapping into the company, of actually getting the owners, experts whatever on site, answering questions and putting peoples minds at rest. How many people will read that statement and go off and never buy? the ones who don't get on here thats for sure,

Well done Gav for getting out of the warm sunshine (gggrrrr) and coming in and answering the queries and the same for the Bennetts who do the same, same for BKGemstones etc. Its fabulous service.

THIS is what makes this site like no other so well done Graham, cos if this wasn't here neither would any of us be.

Absolutely concur with what you've said Darls. ST has been a force for good, thanks to Graham - even though he might feel at times that he has spawned a devil child!! :D

And to Gavin, thanks again for your further explanation. Good on yer mate! I should have put smilies after my gentle nudge - sorry about that :rolleyes: :D:D

well done on your latest venture. hope you're pleased with how things are going. all the best from Monsoon Central UK!

Latest posts

Back