Judith Williams - what does anyone think??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

123purplerabbit

Registered Shopper
I didn't get the TSV a couple of weeks ago, but did try the 'Diamond' cleanser with the brush which I really like. First time I've ever got a brush with this type of product that is actually (literally) as soft as they said it was. May even be buying again to have a spare brush to use with other cleansers.

But ... I also tried 220094 Phytomineral Day & Night cream. Really love the smell (not a major selling point but does put me off if I can't stand the smell of a product) and at first my skin seemed to like it ok. But after a few days I erupted (sorry, can't think how to put it politely..) in red lumps around jawline & neck. Don't know if it's just a coincidence or if it's a reaction to the moisturiser - anyone else had this? Unfortunately I was stupid enough to try just before my nephew's wedding (tomorrow) and am hoping the last couple will have subsided by then. I'm 45, don't really have any wrinkles as my skin can be quite oily & problematic. Mostly use Decleor & LE C&P which seem to suit my skin ok.

Any advice on this welcome.
Thanks

I can't comment on the skin products as such because I have not tried them, but I did send for the Diamond Collagen Pen and it put me off the whole range.
My eyes puffed up as if I had had a reaction to the pen. I returned the pen to Q and wrote a review - which was rejected

"Thanks for reviewing on QVCUK.com. Unfortunately your review wasn't published this time because it did not meet our community guidelines.

We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

* Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
* Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
* Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
* Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors"

All I said was that the product made my eyes puffy.
So, as I said, it put me off the whole range.

i seem to remember someone else mentioning the same problem. it might have been here or even a review on Q.
I dont remember getting any spots at the start but my skin did feel a little strange from the serum. changing creams can always have a strange effect at first, such a shame you have a wedding coming up. fingers crossed for them going quickly and good makeup

Thanks minim & borednow. I have been trialling various make-up & primer combos (after copious amounts of tea tree oil & balm essential) but will just have to skulk around the back of photos lol. No change there then!

Will give it another try after the wedding as I would like it to be a keeper. Would be very economical - if it works !

JW LL eye duo (day and night) made my eyes really puffy for about a week and skin broke up on the sides of eyes. This duo got rave
reviews, all 5 of of 5 (1o of them). I returned it, it was around £30 then and now I think it's £36.50 + p&p. I use natural skincare LE & Decleor, and JW contains parabens, my skin is too "spoilt" I guess.

Last edited:
I tried the phytomineral range, as you say very cost effective but I didn't get on with it, the smells were too strong for me and I found the texture of he cream quite heavy. I had a breakout with it and it sounds like you've had some sort of reaction. I also tried the collagen eye pen but didn't use it and sent back as the fragrance was waaaaay to strong to go anywhere near my eyes. JW's mum does look fantastic on it and her forehead moves :)

Yes, the collagen pen has had good reviews too Marina. Just didn't suit me.
My review would have been the first one for a brand new line of skin care (JW) that Q had just introduced, so when I thought about it, I was not at all surprised Q would not allow it to appear.
I most definitely did NOT contravene any of their guidelines, so I drew that one conclusion.
How many other reviews were rejected though?

I have no problems with them. I have the Phytomineral range and am a great fan, it was far better than the Loreal stuff I was paying £30 a pot for. I did get the TSV, it is quite rich for me, but am keeping it as I can use it as a booster when needed.

My initial opinion of the tsv was so positive that I ordered the body butter and the hugs and kisses EDP. I have developed itchy arms since using both products and, as I have sensitive skin, am doing the necessary to find out which if any of the items are causing an adverse reaction. This is the good thing about QVC's 30 day MBG; all you lose is p+p and return p+p. The skincare is certainly vfm and the rose oil is pure bliss.

You could try a 1% hydrocortisone cream as an emergency measure to get the bleeping spots to go down. Available at any chemist or supermarket and basically says it's for bites and stings on the packet. An antihistamine tablet might help too.

I have finally kicked raging adult acne into touch and those were two of my quick fixes. Not perfect but usually helped.

If you have any or can blag a sample the Elemis SOS cream calms the skin down pretty quickly too.

Hope that helps.

Thanks minim & borednow. I have been trialling various make-up & primer combos (after copious amounts of tea tree oil & balm essential) but will just have to skulk around the back of photos lol. No change there then!

Will give it another try after the wedding as I would like it to be a keeper. Would be very economical - if it works !

Sorry it sounds like a bad reaction and it will happen again if you continue to use. I would not chance just send it back and not chance perhaps a worse spot outbreak.

Thanks everyone.

Donna, sadly I suspect you're right. Would really have liked this to work. May summon up the courage to do a few days testing on my forehead (hidden by fringe) then at least I'll know for sure.

Oh well, managed to keep out of as many photos as I could and at least we got a great day yesterday in sunny (for once) N.I.

I too would like to try this skincare range, but keep talking myself out of it (not sure why) so glad of this thread as I can see how you all got on (never knew that reviews could be rejected because the presenters say that QVC has nothing to do with them in that they are run by a separate company) - however I have bought the hugs and kisses perfume with the handbag size mini spray which is really soft and feminine and I like it.

I get on really well with all of Judith's products & love them. No breakouts or bad reactions. Just lucky I guess, my skin is pretty good tempered.

i bought the judith williams phytomineral collection.i have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and psoriasis near my face and in the past i have always used a'kin and elemis.but funds are short at the moment so tried this and i have no problems at all.i do use my a'kin rosehipp oil under the moisturiser .i try very hard not to use anything with parabens even for hair and body,but i am impressed with this product ra

I have been using the Phytomineral day and night cream for a few months now and really like it. I have used the usual things in the past; LE, Elemis etc. but this is just as good and quite a bit cheaper. I find that it gives my skin a lovely finish and, as I am near the end of the pot, I am looking forward to seeing the up and coming tsv. I do find the little bobbles in it a bit annoying; if you don't rub them in they can look like errant bogies stuck on your face. Ohter than that I am very pleased with it; my skin is fairly normal with a tendency to be sensitive.

The only JW product I have ever used was a face mask which I thought was adequate but not exciting. I can't remember the range but it was a cream mask not a clay one (never use them!). I just looked at Q and think she may have changed the branding now though. But I didn't have an adverse reaction. I just get a bit put off by Judith's frozen expression, I'm afraid.

I have used JW products in the past & although they were OK I was not impressed enough to re-order.I don't have a skin that reacts but with all these ranges on QVC each one promising the key to eternal youth I have found the products I like & stick to these.Cleansers LE C&P/ Alpha H Balancing Cleanser. Decleor Iris Oil & Balm, Ultrasun Sensitive Factor 50, & from High St. Clinique All About Eyes Rich. Basically find something that works for you & stick to it & ignore all the hype!

Crikey, I was in a time warp reading this thread* - then I realised it was started years ago! I was going to post it was nice to see a couple of former members posting again :blush:

I got on well with the Diamond range, but if I had drier skin I doubt it would offer enough "comfort" factor. It smells like palma violets to me which might put folk off. Mind you I didn't like the scent of LLL or the Phytomineral ranges.

*Ian started searching for that time-machine TSV :mysmilie_59:

Get a tube of calamine and aqueous cream, it’s great, takes the heat out of the skin and calm things down very quickly. I put a blob on each blemish, not a thin film, you should see a big improvement over night and it’s cheap as chips.

Latest posts

Back