EMU Boots sizing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
My Emu TSV boots arrived today. I ordered the Mushroom shade and its lovely. I like the extra thick sole. But, the boots are coming up small. I ordered a size 8 and the right boot in particular feels small. My big toe is pushing up against the end. I also wear Fitflop boots and have never had a problem with their size 8 sizing. I'd really like to keep the Emu boots, but not if my big toe is going to get squashed. Do Emu's stretch generally? Is it worth wearing them in a bit and hopefully they will give and my big toe won't be squashed? Just wondering, because some people say Emu comes up big in size but this is definitely not my experience.

I would say use your 30 days to try them out properly but they really stretch! I bought the longer boots TSV last year in size3 when im really a size 4 and honeatly , after a years wear i could be doing with a size 2. The sheepskin beds down quite quickly so stick with them if you like them!

I agree entirely with NIKKID. I've bought three pairs in the past and my toes always feel too close to the end of the boot to begin with. Give them a bit of time and they'll likely soon mould to your feet.

Thanks for that. They are already feeling more comfortable. I have to say that the quality is better than Uggs - I just bought my daughter a pair of Uggs for her birthday but I think the Emus are better made. This was a really good TSV IMO.

Pleased you asked the question - mine are a bit tight on the toe - size 8. Nearly packed them up to send back will wear them around the house.
Just for interest can you really wear them outside and send them back? My OH seems to think I'll get wrong and wo't get my money back!!!!

The ones I ordered arrived today, they are for a Christmas present which my son wanted to buy for his girl friend, must say they look beautiful and really wished id ordered a pair for me now

Pleased you asked the question - mine are a bit tight on the toe - size 8. Nearly packed them up to send back will wear them around the house.
Just for interest can you really wear them outside and send them back? My OH seems to think I'll get wrong and wo't get my money back!!!!

Yes you can wear them outside and still return them under the moneyback guarantee.

I ordered the mushroom in a 3 because I loved the colour and couldn't get them cheaper elsewhere, and I also wanted the extra insoles. These are the 2nd Emu TSV that I have found smaller than the ones I bought from Amazon. I can get in a child's 2 everywhere else but the 3 on these is a bit snug around my toes and ankles. I wonder if QVC get them to do a 'cut corners' cheaper batch just for them !

ugg and emu are quite different boots.
the emu's are sturdier in that the sole/footbed is a lot more solid than the uggs. also i prefer the denser sheepskin that emu's use in comparison to uggs.
but uggs imo are a really nice fit and lighter on the foot if you dont want anything too heavy.
also emu's are way too expensive now. even with easy pays.

Im glad others have found this because I too am having the same problem with toes being pushed to the front, and very slack at the heel. Mine are on their way back to qvc.

I bought a pair from an english company 2 years ago and they fit perfectly, there was no bedding in or waiting for them to stretch, so I shall go back to that firm again.

No the Emus on QVC are the same as the ones you buy in a shop. No Kipling we made this one especially for QVC or its exclusive.

The only ones I found which went really baggy on me were the Bronte(merino wool lining). What could be happening is where they are made. Different factories might have slight variations in say width or even length, yes they should have a template but some could cut a little bigger or smaller.

(mum writes)

I take a 5+1/2 so I ordered the size 5 and I'm still pondering. I ordered them in black but they do feel stupidly tight in the toe and the heel moves up and down when I walk. If they do stretch to fit the toes will that also stop the heel movement or will that only get worse as the boots stretch? I'm worried I'll end up with blisters on my heels. Although they are too tight for me to wear out right now.

One thing the did help is changing the original inner sole with the ones that were provided as an extra. Because they're not so thick, it gives my toes more room but it doesn't fix the heel problem. Other than that, I find the sheepskin slightly prickly on my skin, but the boots are very nice quality. I hope I will be able to keep them. I don't want to waste so much P&P either. It will work out to almost £15 wasted if I return them. As I took their advice on the size, could I ask them to collect them?

I ordered these in Black, size 5 (my true size) and although they were a slightly snug fit at the toe the heel was slipping really badly. I tried them with thick socks on but the boots gradually inched them down off my feet as I walked so they were definately too big for me.
Apart from this they felt lovely on and looked to be a great boot but I fear what would happen as they stretch and the lining flattens down so have rung to reserve a size 4 and returned the original pair.
Just hope the size 4 won't be too tight :thinking: but by the sound of things as long as I can get them on they should loosen up in time :happy:

Im glad others have found this because I too am having the same problem with toes being pushed to the front, and very slack at the heel. Mine are on their way back to qvc.

I bought a pair from an english company 2 years ago and they fit perfectly, there was no bedding in or waiting for them to stretch, so I shall go back to that firm again.

Have compared how the boots are made from the 2 different companys. The english company has the front seam much close to the ankle - thus preventing your toes from being pushed forward all the time. A comfortable true fit with plenty of toe space, and no 'breaking' in. If anyone's interested this company is sheepskin.co.uk

Have compared how the boots are made from the 2 different companys. The english company has the front seam much close to the ankle - thus preventing your toes from being pushed forward all the time. A comfortable true fit with plenty of toe space, and no 'breaking' in. If anyone's interested this company is sheepskin.co.uk

Unfortunately this company start sizing at 4 I take a 3!!! Their boots look great though.

Brissles is the english company the same company that is in Glastonbury in somerset because I live fairly near there and wondered if its worth seeing if they have an outlet shop I could maybe visit and save the p&p.

my old emu stingers 5 years ago streatched to the point of no return making them flop at the back. they just get so big they were stupid to walk in.
i do have the mini ankle ones and the fit is much better. prefer my uggs for fit cannot beat them. really neat on the ankle!

I love my Emus - this year I bought Skechers and I hope they are as good. The Emus are excellent due to the water resistancy but I would not dare go in the snow or rain with them. They are an investment for me and the most I have ever spent on shoes/boots. I would say persevere with the size because they will bed in in notime I promise.

Latest posts

Back